PDA

View Full Version : Sarasota, Florida Fun Runs

Electrifiedwake
02-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi OE Boaters,
Wondering if there would be any interest for some weekend fun runs at a local lake?

The location is Phillipi Shores Park. Directions- The lake is located at 1863 Phillipi Shores Drive.
It's right behind the new Rooms to go(old Darby Buick) on U.S. 41 in Sarasota next to the
Landings. Make a right on Phillipi Shores drive if you're coming from North Sarasota.
South Sarasota boaters will make a left onto Phillipi Shores drive from U.S. 41.
It's a relatively calm area with housing on three sides of the lake so not too much wind.
There are 2 covered pick nick tables at the entrance of the lake and 2 to the right of the lake.
I was thinking of meeting every Sunday. Times could change based on any interest.
Initially thinking of running from 11am to 3pm .

If you have any other questions you can also PM me.

RayR
02-26-2012, 03:17 AM
We used to run at that pond many years ago. Unfortunately, it got real small, real quick with the advant of brushless motors and lipo's.

The attached pic is of a 1/8th mile course on that pond.

bill34207
02-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Hi Electrifiedwake. You can always come run with us at Ackerman if so desired. Ackerman has a 1/6 mile oval already marked off and easy directions to the lake can be found here. http://www.wfmbc.com/WFMBC/Contact.html

Electrifiedwake
02-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Hi Ray and Bill,
Thanks for the quick responses and invite to Ackerman. I plan to race there in 2 weeks with my small mono.
I could see how some larger, faster boats would outrun the dimensions of this lake really fast.

I'll be running here at Phillipi Shores park in between the weekends that we don't run out at Ackerman to practice with my small mono.
Ray, Bill and any other Ackerman boaters are more than welcome to come out with some smaller monos or cats if you want.
I do have a kayak to retrieve the boats with and could set up some turn markers to practice around.

Electrifiedwake
03-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Ran at Phillipi Shores park today testing the boat. Lot's of chop and heavy winds made for an interesting day out on the water. Can't wait to run at Ackerman park next weekend!

bill34207
03-05-2012, 10:47 AM
You should get plugged in on this thread. It's where all our club members tend to congregate
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?30026-West-Florida-Model-boat-club-Sarasota-FL&goto=newpost