PDA

View Full Version : New LSO

T.S.Davis
02-25-2012, 10:10 AM
Got brand spank'n new Mystic. It's actually straight too. Already stripped for paint.

DPeterson
03-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Good - a new victim. :)

Did you decide on a date and race for this season. We got a couple Wisconsin guy's that would need to get these dates on the family calendar before the wife fills the dates.

Looks like we will not be making a return trip to London this year. They picked the memorial weekend. I am fairly free to travel, but again the family guy's have to avoid holidays for race dates.

Doug

T.S.Davis
03-14-2012, 03:35 PM
Somehwere I have a pic of the danged thing. I'll post it when I find it.

P Shooter! Yes sir. August 17th open water. August 18,19 racing. Same format as last year. I thought you cheese heads weren't going to be able to make it? Sure was fun having you guys in for that gig. We have our whole season scheduled. We need to get it out to the public. It was supposed to be live on Friday but we're having issues with the website. We may end up doing it the old fashioned way on just forums at this rate.

Fred has 2 new cats to figure out. Gives him 3 to choose from. Two fit into LSO. Not sure which he'll end up racing. I think we figured out the Motley Crue boat too but we haven't had any play time yet. Sucks because it's beautiful outside.

T.S.Davis
03-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Found it. Not the best pic.

DPeterson
03-14-2012, 06:38 PM
At least you didn't paint it to look like a bouy. I tend to aim for those colors.

Damn Terry - Your Michigan dates conflict with a Mendota Il. date Sean says we have to attend as it is in our IMPBA D4.

So that takes us out of Michigan this year and we are out at London. Two races I like to get to. I am starting to get a little more interested in LA with Newland for the Nats. Otherwise I won't have a real good traveling race anywhere.

D. Newland
03-14-2012, 07:02 PM
You've already committed in your head, now just finalize it by sending me an email!

LuckyDuc
03-14-2012, 08:48 PM
This is a tough race season for us D4 guys. It seems that we have quite a few conflicts with race dates. It's hard to promote FE in our home district and attend the out of town racing we love.

Doug, I'm gonna work on the wife for Canada. I need some travel time this season too.

DPeterson
03-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Ya Dave I'm 99% in for the Nats. Just not sure yet if I can fly out early to Scottsdale and ride along or have to go straight to LA to save a day or two. I have to admit it, I am after the LSH title this year. I should have got it a couple years ago but that Sean guy cheated. I am pretty sure he was running a Castle motor with a Novak speed control. Nobody bothered to check. :)

I am definetly up for London if it can happen. Doesn't even matter if Chris runs his BS self righters. I would even be up for picking up the kids (Jay and Tom) on the way. Although things could get a little more wild without them.

Sean - I got to tell you. Other than not getting enough of you no what - I got the perfect wife. I tell her I am going here and then I tell here I am going there. She says - fine, just leave some cash on the counter. Kind of like a "coin operated beaver".

Terry - sorry to contaminate your club section - NOT.

longballlumber
03-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Peterson – How do I become part of that Beaver Pelt Posse you got going on up there? The only answer I get from my wife is… You wana WHAT? How much does that trip cost? All for racing boats? Well, I wana go on Vacation!!! Really, it’s not that bad. I just wish they could get her back fixed up so we can lead a normal life.

Hey guys don’t forget about the Mixed (FE, Nitro, and Gas) event at the same pond in London, Canada on July 7th and 8th. The event is hosted by a different club; The Northern Lights. GREAT group of guys running that race and a great event. I was there in.... 2010 (I think). That one is going to be more doable for me than Memorial Day weekend… I will make sure you get a flyer when they are published.

Later,
Ball

T.S.Davis
03-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Terry - sorry to contaminate your club section - NOT.

bastard

You know I don't care.

We have some of the same trouble. Can't be everywhere. I can't do a holiday weekend of racing. Maybe someday but right now that's a good way to get my race budget slashed. haha

There's a race in Burton the same weekend as our May race date. If that gang agrees to let us run a couple classes with them we're going to ditch our May date and go play with them. That is a beautiful site they run on. Very London like. Nice tidybowl water. Built in drivers stand.

D. Newland
03-15-2012, 12:10 PM
...I have to admit it, I am after the LSH title this year. I should have got it a couple years ago but that Sean guy cheated. I am pretty sure he was running a Castle motor with a Novak speed control. Nobody bothered to check. :)...

As I mentioned at the WW race, the '12 Nat's LSH class will be the most competitive ever, in my opinion. No less than 6 top gas guys in my district are running LSH now. And, I was at the pond on Sunday and...I forget his name...another gas guy said he and his friend have LSH's on the workbench. Not sure if they will be at the Nat's, but my District is getting it done as far as getting guys to add FE to their race fleet.

Anyway, add those 6+ names to the list of FE guys that will be in attendance, and it will boil down to the stop watch at the end of 4 rounds, I bet. I've been working on my LSH since our last heat 2 1/2 weeks ago! I should just build a whip...

T.S.Davis
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Big fat messy heats with 8 boats in every flight?.........go for the stable option. Probably a stock whip.

D. Newland
03-15-2012, 01:13 PM
I know. I just don't have enough time to get it done. Plus, I don't think we're going much more than 6 boats. Maybe 7 on an as-needed basis. For as big Legg Lake is, it has good wind shelter. Also, it's a soft shoreline so waves dissipate very well. But, I can tell Peterson's whip is laughing at my boat each and every heat we're running together.

T.S.Davis
03-15-2012, 01:33 PM
He and Sean got it go'n on in LSH. Ball can catch them but his boat can (not always) get a little weird if the wind picks up at all.

I would loan you Ty's Whip but it's still cracked open like a clam.