PDA

View Full Version : Motor won't run, can't figure out why.

Visual Perfection
02-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I was out running my proboat formula fastech a couple weeks ago. In the middle of a run it quit and had to rescue it with my rescue boat. I found the solder on one of the ESC deans connectors came undone which is why it quit running.

Move forward, I picked up some new connectors this week and re-soldered all the esc connections, but replaced them with bullets, rather than the deans. I hooked up the batteries and got the normal beeps and steering worked and motor worked, however it was reversed with my remote...so I had to push the throttle backwards to get the motor going. I shut it all off and thought, maybe I wired the motor wrong, so I tried wiring it different and nothing happened, tried again and the same, nothing. I then realized my remote was the culprit and was set up backwards so I reversed it and re-wired the motor the way I originally had it.

Now, when I turn it on, there are no beeps. When I try the throttle I hear like a click click sound, then nothing...try again a few more times and eventually it will do the click click again.

What the heck did I screw up? Anything I can check? I hope I didn't wreck something when hooking up the motor wrong.

Thanks.

JimClark
02-23-2012, 08:43 PM
for one you can reverse any two of the motor wires and the motor will turn the right direction

detaled pics of how you have things set up would help a lot

Visual Perfection
02-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks for info, glad to know switching wires on the motor doesn't hurt anything! So I tried something...I unhooked the batteries which I didn't do before. I know I'm a stupid idiot who should be smacked, for only turning the switch off...anyways now it seems to for some reason work again. Not sure why unhooking the batteries changed things, being the power switch was off, but I guess it made a difference.

I still am not sure what caused the original problem, but I will see if it happens again.

Thanks for responding so quickly. All of you are always ready to help on this site!

JimClark
02-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Deans plugs are only good for 60amps it is best in most boats to upgrade them to bullets especially it they are the Chinese knockoffs

Visual Perfection
02-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Yup, exactly why I decided it was time to upgrade. figured I am running 4-5s lipos through it so deans just can't take it.