PDA

View Full Version : 26" Maus Bullet - FRESH!

Darin Jordan
04-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Need to thin down the projects just a tad more to make room for others. I'm selling what was going to be my next N2-Mono hull, a 26" Maus Bullet.

I spent a LOT of time working this over... Got the bottom cleaned up... You should see how sharp the trailing edge is now!

This hull is ready to accept the hardware of your choice... I've already installed an OSE motor mount, which as been modified to accept the earlier Neu motor bolt pattern in addition to the standard 1" 05 size (.9" spread vs. 1" spread of Nemesis, Hacker, etc...)... it will also accept a 700BB motor.

As you can see from the pictures, the inside of the hull bottom has been reinforced with structural foam laminated in place using epoxy resin. This is the same foam that Boeing and the aerospace industry uses to fabricate their sidewall panels, stow bins, etc... It's very rigid, light, and accepts epoxy/resin beautifully, with the little ancilary benefit that it's also flame retardant per Mil-Spec yada-yada-yada... ;) When laminated in place, it makes a nice place to stick down velocro and to pull batteries in and out without flexing the bottom of the hull... If you've seen my previous builds, you'll know I use this a lot...

The stuffing tube is completely installed... It's a "flooded shaft log" style so it allows for more range of adjustment than having the stuffing tube glued directly to the transom as we usually do.... This should allow you to use a Speedmaster style strut and still adjust the shaft height up and down quite a ways... Stuffing tube is includeds teflon, and is for a .150" flex shaft. The 1/4" Brass tubing for the stuffing tube can be slid out and replaced (leaving the flooded portion still in place) if you desire a different style of drive shaft... Wire drive would work awesome in this setup...

The hull was primered with Krylon primer, then shot with several coats of Glossy White Krylon, so it's ready for your accent colors or decals, but looks great as it is...

You'll just need to install your hardware and electronics... the hard work has already been done! Motor alignment is perfect!

This is going to make an AWESOME N2-Mono on Lipos or Nimh... Has less lift than the DH Mono and more V-Angle, so it should handle the higher speeds we are going now very well...

It's a nice boat, and kind of rare to find. I'd love to keep it but I just have too many other irons going right now.

I'll ship it to you for $145.00 USPS Priority with Insurance in the USA. Or make me an offer...

PayPal would work great: Banzai240@yahoo.com

Let me know if you have any questions...

SJFE
04-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Loo for a PM in 30 seconds

Darin Jordan
04-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Offer accepted... Sold to SJFE pending receipt of Payment!!

SJFE
04-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Payment sent!!...Oh yeahhh:D

properchopper
04-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Great score !! I was sooo tempted. Superb build, & man, that's gonna be a fun boat. Race contender also ! Congrats. :D

Darin Jordan
04-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Payment Received. Sold to SJFE!

Darin Jordan
04-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Race contender also ! Congrats. :D

I have to agree... I'm hoping I don't come to regret this at the Nationals! :eek:

properchopper
04-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Darin, if nothing else, your efforts at promoting SV 27 racing should be applauded. And now I have to watch the posts for more of your offerings ! ;)

Darin Jordan
04-29-2007, 12:36 PM
Darin, if nothing else, your efforts at promoting SV 27 racing should be applauded.

Well Thanks! I hope more people decide to come to the Nats and bring their SV27s! The Spec SV27 class has been a BLAST thus far, and we're still using stock props... When Aquacraft actually releases their new prop line (Grimracer props...), then we'll be using the 42x55 props for this class... The boat WILL handle bigger, but these offer a good combo of speed and handling and keep things very managable for everyone... I think Cory (one of our club members) GPS's his boat at 36mph or so with this prop, and it handles MUCH better than that stock plastic prop...

It's fun seeing 6 of these things all on the same lap for 5-laps and trading positions back and forth... After 2 years of racing N1-Mono with my son, the Spec SV27 class appears to me to be a MUCH better place for beginners to get started!

Oooops... Sorry for the soapbox... I forgot this was a swap-shop thread! ;)

SJFE
04-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks Chopper:D. I may have alot to learn about FE. But what I have picked up on is what hulls are good and not so good. The Maus kits where top shelf all the way. When I saw this excellent example constructed with skill and attention to detail...I didn't have to think twice. This one IS a keeper and you guys know me..I don't fall in love with anything....LOL:D