PDA

View Full Version : HW Seaking 120a esc advice needed setting with prog card.

martin
02-09-2012, 03:26 PM
I am using the prog card & everything is setting fine, But when i operate the throttle it dosnt start running untill the stick is mid position ( this is a Spektrum DX6I twin stick tx ). Ive also tried my other radio also twin stick & its the same on that radio as well re throttle coming in at mid position. Am i doing some thing wrong. Many thanks Martin.

jamespl
02-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Did you calibrate the throttle the first time you armed the esc?

martin
02-09-2012, 04:37 PM
How should i calibrate the throttle. Thanks Martin.

martin
02-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Yes to calibrate i believe for twin stick tx i need to give full throttle then plug in battery in the boat, wait for beeps then fully down with stick to confirm. Then use the prog card for required settings. Id always prog through tx before & not used card on other esc where you are calibrating the tx during the programing. Martin.

Diesel6401
02-09-2012, 09:23 PM
It sounds like it maybe a throttle trim issue. Lower the throttle trim on the dx6i all the way to 0 not to the default neutral like when your create a new model and try the normal re-calibrating procedure.

martin
02-10-2012, 05:37 AM
Thanks guys, got it sorted. I did indeed have the trim on the tx set at mid position, took it to full zero & reprogramed & now have throttle from full bottom position. The other radio i tried also is now good as well. Regards Martin.

martin
02-10-2012, 06:36 PM
The Turnigy is just a rebadged HW that Hobbyking sell. Martin.

Diesel6401
02-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Your welcome:smile: - Enjoy your new setup, your choice of a HW ESC was a wise one, unlike Turnigy, HW has a website with support info.

Theirs info on the stuff HK sells, you just have to know where to look. The "files" section under any product normally is good place to start.