PDA

View Full Version : Stock ESC isues

b20btec
02-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Hello,

Just wondering if other people have been experiencing similar issues with the factory 60 Amp ESC. Just a quick FYI, boat has been ran a few times with a couple of rollovers. It did get water but hardly much, maybe about a spoonful. Motor is stock, esc is stock, prop is stock, Fly Sky FS-GT3B remote, and I did recently install 5.5 bullet connectors. I am running 4S Gen Ace's 40C 5000MAH batteries with 5.5 bullets.

Here's my issue...I turn on everything and sometimes I don't hear the beep beep from the esc, the times when I do not hear the beep I have no throttle and the motor will not turn. I would disconnect everything and come back later, plug everything up again, and even try swapping batteries. It would be a hit or miss it would beep beep and work or vice versa. I did notice when I was able to throttle it I would here the esc studder, I figure it's the torque sensor so I take a rag and wrap it around the prop bullet gently and the motor would turn. I know i'm all over the place with this post so I have to apologize. I'm thinking of dumping the whole setup and going with a 2200KV 4074 & 180amp seaking combo. I haven't put it in the water again since noticing this issue, don't won't to be dead in the water. Please chime in, i'm all ears.

Also, I did put the remote in another boat and my nitro car and works perfectly fine. I brought the ESC to my other boat and I was having the issues with it not turning on the throttle (CH. 2).

Thanks in advance.

G-UNIT
02-09-2012, 02:14 PM
check the esc to motor connections, it sounds like you have a bad one.
also when arming turn the throttle trim to around the 3:00 oclock position or is it the 9:00 oclock position any try that and see what happens.

sanyijr
02-09-2012, 02:29 PM
:iagree: Sounds like poor connection somewhere....

b20btec
02-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I might have to trash the connectors and solder everything over again, just got a hakko in. Thanks guys.

On the topic of poor connection, wouldn't it show some sort of sign if I yank around the cables? Channel 1, steering is always on and the power is supplied to the receiver from the esc.

b20btec
02-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Quick update, got my hakko solder today, redid all the connection. Same issue, I doubt I can send it back to horizon since I put bullets. Possibly burnt esc from soldering? Only channel that is sketchy is 2.

NachtLaufer
05-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Same issue whit my ESC, y have read everything about this kind of issue and now im sure the ESC comes damaged from factory, even burnt my MR200 RX, so i replaced it with MR3000, it works well for about one month and then just ....death, when i connect the RX, then the deans, then turn on the ESC... the boat do nothing.

I try my MR3000 on my HPI stadium truck and fortunately its working normal, i try my lipos too and working good out of the boat, so the big problem here is the ESC.

The impulse is out of guarantee time, so i bought another complete boat on my local dealer. Unfortunately they dont have supplies here(far far away,Santiago Of Chile), and cant wait a long time for my new stock ESC.

Im really hoping my new boat dont bring the same kind of issues, im really bothered.

Sorry for my english ;)

colin6919
05-20-2012, 05:41 PM
I just got my impulse yesterday and I am having the same problem, I haven't even had the boat in the water yet! The steering works fine but the motor is hit or miss if it works, not exactly inspiring confidence.. I've tried all the tricks I've learned from my rc car background but it's still finicky..

domwilson
05-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Check your ESC to receiver connections. They may be corroded. You may have to clean them. It's fairly common.

b20btec
05-20-2012, 08:23 PM
I decided to toss the stock esc for a seaking, never looked back.