PDA

View Full Version : Fine Design RC

worriedsick4u
02-03-2012, 09:22 PM
I purchased a H&M hull, decals and spoiler. He said everything was in stock. 2 weeks later and several emails and phone calls I found out the hull just shipped. First of all don't **** me around and say it shipped if it didn't. Then it came incomplete. He said the spoiler and decals were back ordered from Germany. Here we are 7 weeks later and the guy won't answer phone calls or emails so I filed a paypal claim. NEVER do business with this clown.

Hello Steven Arce,

Your Significantly Not as Described dispute for the payment you sent to
Fine Design R/C on Dec 29, 2011 (Transaction 9LDXXXXXX1804V) is now open.

We notified Fine Design R/C of your request for a $72.95 USD refund. If
Fine Design R/C agrees to this refund, the dispute will be closed once the
refund is processed.

By opening a dispute, you are communicating with the seller, not PayPal,
about this problem transaction. We will email you when your seller posts a
response in the Resolution Center.

To learn more about PayPal's dispute resolution process, log in to your
account and click the 'Tutorials' link on the Resolution Center tab.

-----------------------------------
Deadline: Feb 23, 2012

On Feb 23, 2012, this dispute will automatically close unless you escalate
it to a PayPal claim. By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal
to review the case and decide the outcome.

We will remind you by email when the deadline is approaching. A closed
dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.

Thank you,

PayPal

Make-a-Wake
02-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Here we go again.................

JimClark
02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
wonder why no one does any searches on companies they order from there is loads of info on Fine

worriedsick4u
02-03-2012, 10:25 PM
You're right Jim. I should have searched first. But I'm new to this and assumed he was reputable. Just like the member who got me for $30.00 on those parallel connectors. I would think that if moderators (or whoever is in charge) new a member was a crook they'd ban him. So I'm out $30.00 and a lesson learned. Makes one skeptical of buying from the Swap section again. Hey it could have been worse. Could have been $31.00.

JimClark
02-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Up until the last couple of transactions the connectors were working out fine for people. I would not give up on him yet. As soon as there was a potential problem we were working on it. but bear in mind I have a life also and work for a living and the moderators can not sit here 24/7 and stare at the forum plus we are all volunteers

You're right Jim. I should have searched first. But I'm new to this and assumed he was reputable. Just like the member who got me for $30.00 on those parallel connectors. I would think that if moderators (or whoever is in charge) new a member was a crook they'd ban him. So I'm out $30.00 and a lesson learned. Makes one skeptical of buying from the Swap section again. Hey it could have been worse. Could have been $31.00.

worriedsick4u
02-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Trust me, I understand. And I appreciate what you all do. It takes a certain kinda person to volunteer. But somehow he was overlooked. Unfortunately someone got burned. And that person was me. Twice. By 2 different people. So bare with me while I vent. He said he sent them over a week ago. And for the past couple days won't respond with an email. So understandably I'm pissed. Have a good night and thanks for your service. I do appreciate it.

ksm2001
02-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Sorry to hear you got burnt from Fine. There is a thread about him here if you haven't seen it.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?29251-Fine-Design-visit

Steven Vaccaro
02-04-2012, 07:12 AM
You're right Jim. I should have searched first. But I'm new to this and assumed he was reputable. Just like the member who got me for $30.00 on those parallel connectors. I would think that if moderators (or whoever is in charge) new a member was a crook they'd ban him. So I'm out $30.00 and a lesson learned. Makes one skeptical of buying from the Swap section again. Hey it could have been worse. Could have been $31.00.The connector issue is a new one with pyromike. We have been working on getting him to resolve the issues. Banning him at this point would cut off communications and the result would surely be that you wouldnt receive anything.

worriedsick4u
02-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Good point. Just a little upset last night. Maybe this is an item you could sell. I'm sure its an item that's needed?

Steven Vaccaro
02-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Good point. Just a little upset last night. Maybe this is an item you could sell. I'm sure its an item that's needed?

I thought about it, but he was selling them and there wasn't a problem up until a couple of weeks ago.

photohoward1
02-04-2012, 08:17 AM
Don't give up on us. This is a great Hobby and Most of the time the guys on this forum are very honest. As time goes on you get to know the guys very well.
Have met Steve and a whole bunch of the guys personally. Great guys! Vent a bit and then move on. Life is too short!

Drax21
02-04-2012, 08:50 AM
I ain't even gonna start on Mr Fine.....
I don't know what happened to Mike. He was helping me with my Delta Force CS and I haven't heard from him in weeks. He was doing a good job on them connectors too. I make the parallel connectors for people in the UK but I could sell them worldwide too.

At the moment I am doing just 5.5mm, but if other connectors are needed I can get anyone a price. I use Novak Silver solder, a Silver rod through the middle of the connectors for better flow of current (hardly any resistance), a 80watt Soldering Iron and a blow torch. I then heatshrink the female connectors and wrap the whole thing in electrical tape.

worriedsick4u
02-04-2012, 09:43 AM
After all the frustration I made my own last night as well. Used 1/8' copper rod. Not pretty but they'll do. Gonna clean them up a bit with a file and heatshrink. Had I known of this forum prior to dealing with Fine I wouldn't be in this situation. And my bad for thinking a member of this forum was an honest guy. Live, learn and move on. He obviously needed my money more than I did. Hopefully OSE starts carrying these so I won't curse over a soldering iron anymore.

Make-a-Wake
02-04-2012, 11:13 AM
I was gonna suggest Pyro had an illness/accident...............then i see he posted yesterday in his JAE build thread...................hmmm

pyroM!KE
02-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Guys the connectors went out last week..If I were a betting man youll get them today..Im not a scammer I just got busy at work and my order of extra bullets were backordered..But like I said they went out..

worriedsick4u
02-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I can't believe my eyes.
Hello Steven Arce,

Fine Design R/C has agreed to grant a $72.95 USD refund to settle this
dispute. It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear
in your account. This dispute will be closed then.

Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Fine Design R/C
Seller's Email: fastrc@yahoo.com
Seller's Transaction ID: 1N29064XXXXXX660G

Transaction Date: Dec 29, 2011
Transaction Amount: -$309.95 USD
Your Transaction ID: 9LD17XXXXXXXX804V
Case Number: PP-001-6XXXXXXXX64

Buyer's Transaction ID: 9LD17XXXXXXXX804V

Thanks,

PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

And Mike,
You said they went out 8 days ago. Oklahoma to Florida USPS First Class. "IF" they show up it's a bonus. If not I'm over it. But you did teach me to be extra cautious when purchasing from a public forum. That was worth $30.00.

siberianhusky
02-04-2012, 12:05 PM
congrats! glad it worked out.

Drax21
02-04-2012, 02:01 PM
That's cool. Everything sorted. Happy Ending:thumbup1:

Steven Vaccaro
02-04-2012, 02:54 PM
Guys First Class mail its not "First Class", I've have several First class orders take upto 3 and even 4 weeks to get to a location. I've had so many problems its unreal. And bordering on ridiculous at this point.

JimClark
02-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I even had a priority mail package take 12 days and there were no weather issues to slow it down.
Jim

Steven Vaccaro
02-04-2012, 03:53 PM
I even had a priority mail package take 12 days and there were no weather issues to slow it down.
Jim

The US Mail is the worst I have seen it in about 8 years of doing this. I've been in the beginning stages of talking to UPS about trying to get a deal on 2nd day shipping of small items. Its a very loooooong shot, but worth a try.

megalops
02-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Good luck on a "deal" w ups. Anyway I am an I.T guy and I support a decent sized online store. First class with the postal svc is their lowest and slowest. What I've seen lately is USPS does most Domestic the fastest and cheapest. Outside the U.S forget it.

Drax21
02-04-2012, 04:35 PM
It is the same here in the UK. 1st class use to mean 2 days max and 2nd class was 6. Now you have to double that for half of the year. 2nd class goes missing quite often.
For some reason I receive priority packages from the US about the same speed as my 2nd class packages.

siberianhusky
02-06-2012, 05:44 AM
We do have some problems with Fine but not in this level.

Please tell me how can I help and what kind of boat you are

looking for, we could ship the boats direct to you.

At this time we do not have any other partner in US.

Best regards,

Oliver Siess
Hydro&Marine

Part of an email I just got from H&M inquiring about another boat, told them I would not deal with their N.A. retailer!
So H&M is aware of this guy and how he operates

Chuck E Cheese
04-08-2012, 02:17 PM
i have had boats shipped direct from oliver (would no longer use fine) and it worked out great. the h&m hulls are 2nd to none. it does take a while to get them from germany but is well worth the wait and money!

izcain
04-28-2012, 11:20 PM
I would rather wait for 2 weeks and get my package intact with usps then have a busted up dropped kicked package from UPS. They are absolutely horrible!

sailr
05-05-2012, 07:21 PM
We used UPS ONCE! They broke the boat horribly even though it was in a 4 inch layer of bubble wrapped and double boxed. The carton looked like they drove a dump truck over it. I swear they can break an anvil! The boat was a broken mess. They sent out an inspector and said there was no damage and refused to pay the claim even though I had it insured.

I HATE UPS! For larger stuff, I use FEDEX. I have never had them break anything and even their ground service is pretty quick and very cheap. For smaller stuff, I use USPS Priority mail. Quick, reliable, and I think only one boat ever got damaged and they paid the insurance claim pronto.

In my opinion....STAY AWAY FROM UPS!

Chris Harris
05-18-2012, 09:58 PM
We used UPS ONCE! They broke the boat horribly even though it was in a 4 inch layer of bubble wrapped and double boxed. The carton looked like they drove a dump truck over it. I swear they can break an anvil! The boat was a broken mess. They sent out an inspector and said there was no damage and refused to pay the claim even though I had it insured.

I HATE UPS! For larger stuff, I use FEDEX. I have never had them break anything and even their ground service is pretty quick and very cheap. For smaller stuff, I use USPS Priority mail. Quick, reliable, and I think only one boat ever got damaged and they paid the insurance claim pronto.

In my opinion....STAY AWAY FROM UPS!

"What can brown do(stroy) for you?" LOL Sorry I couldn't resist ;)

Chris

fastasyoucan
06-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Hi- this is Chris Fine at Fine Design Marine. Although I do not have the time I would like to keep up with the chatter on these forums, I feel it's important to highlight that I am still one of the very few custom R/C mfrs you can reach on the phone. What other mfr owner answers his own phone, and is willing to take the time to answer callers' questions, even if there is no sale pending?
Also, I do find it necessary to keep my nose to the grindstone, my phones are set up so that if you miss me, you can leave a message or I give you my cell number if you have to reach me ASAP! I'm usually reachable within 48 hours, not unreasonable in my opinion.
If someone has a problem, or needs to clarify an inventory issue, please call ahead.
I would like to thank those who have purchased and continue to support me--- I'm not just an email address-- Thanks, Chris
PS- FOR THOSE WHO DOUBT MY TALENT, CONGRATULATIONS TO MIKE PAGS FROM NEW YORK WHO JUST WON MR. OFFSHORE AT THE NAMBA NATS AT LEGG LAKE, CALIFORNIA FOR THE 3RD YEAR IN A ROW! HE USES FINE DESIGN TO DESIGN AND ASSEMBLE HIS BOATS! MIKE HAD MORE 1ST AND 2ND THAN MOST GUYS WILL SEE IN A LIFETIME. CHECK HIS NAMBA STANDINGS TO VERIFY!
NOTE: CHECK THE JUNE 12 ISSUE OF R/C BOAT MAG FOR AN A++ REVIEW OF OUR WORK.
Lastly, a big thanks to Steve Vaccaro for trying to keep this a productive R/C info forum, not just a bashing place.

Diegoboy
06-30-2012, 11:41 AM
I am currently working with Chris Fine on an order from Oliver at Hydro & Marine. Chris has told me that my hull was ordered in the color I requested and will call me when it arrives in his store. He has not asked for the money up front, and I have gotten an email from Oliver that the hull I ordered through Chris has been built and awaiting shipping.

Thanks for helping me Chris!

Diegoboy
07-14-2012, 07:01 AM
I got a phone call from Chris yesterday. He wanted to tell me that he has confirmation my hull has shipped and to expect a call when it arrives from Germany in a week or so.

Ken Haines
07-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Hi Chris,
Just wanted to thank you publicly for the support you have
given us each year for our Wave Blasters Spring Races.
In addition we wanted to let everyone know how you had filled
the final four remaining class sponsorships at our 2011 FE Nationals.
Your personal attention & help has also always been appreciated
and I thought that it was appropriate to share that on this thread.
Thanks Again,
Ken Haines &
The Wave Blasters of Florida

fastasyoucan
07-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks to Ken Haines and all my customers who support me on these forums. I truly wish I had more time to spend on these forums and appreciate any positive feedback. I'm too busy testing and tuning, which is why I got the fastest boat review as seen in R/C Boat Magazine, June 2012 issue! 64mph production "out-of-the-box"! BAM! Chris Fine

jaike5
07-20-2012, 09:54 PM
BAM! Chris Fine you are the tool of the day. You ripped me off as well as many others ..... karma. Sounds like motor trend Magazine, bought and payed for on that 64 mph out of the box. Jay

Doug Smock
07-20-2012, 09:59 PM
If this thread remains civil we'll keep it open. If not.................:sleep:
Thanks fellas,
D.:popcorn2:

Doby
07-20-2012, 10:35 PM
... which is why I got the fastest boat review as seen in R/C Boat Magazine, June 2012 issue

So the review was written quickly.....??

worriedsick4u
07-20-2012, 10:43 PM
I started this thread 6 months ago and still have not received everything. My point was to let everyone know he ripped me off. If he has done good by you, consider yourself lucky. IMO he's a ****. Stealing from someone over the internet is a weak move.

Pwb201
07-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Ahhhhhh!!! Mr. Fine strikes again! This guy must be doing something right, anyone who's in business that long and has screwed customers this much has some talent. Maybe it's his slot cars!
Karma will catch up worriedsick4you with that man.

You should feel lucky for not receiving H$&M hull yet they need reinforcement right off the bat or delimitation will surely happen especially with all the power that's been put into hulls lately.

When I received my hull from Chris after waiting almost 9 months lol! Yeah 9 months and hull still wasn't completed and it had a used hatch cover! On a brand new boat I was given a used hatch. Ps I had to drive up there and demand hull and he still wanted more money from me for work not completed.

Sorry Steve. But this is where I can add my two cents I hope. I think your starting to see a sign on this sight with his poor business.

fastasyoucan
08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Note: it seems the same 3 or 4 "people" keep commenting on my workmanship and customer service on these forums. The difference between them and I is that I'm the only one who backs up my posts with my real name. Makes me wonder how truthful their statements might be. If anyone doubts my experience and results, call me. I'm not afraid to use my real name... Chris Fine.

runzwithsizorz
08-03-2012, 06:26 PM
"I'm not afraid to use my real name... Chris Fine." :ohmy:
hold on to your seats gents, stuff just got real. :popcorn2:

worriedsick4u
08-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm Steve Arce. You're a crook and a liar.

worriedsick4u
08-03-2012, 06:45 PM
My name is on the first post of this thread. I don't hide behind anything. I do what I say and expect the same from other men. You fell extremely short of many customers expectations.

fastasyoucan
08-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Dear Mr. Arce, After checking my records I come up with the following facts: you made a PayPal order on 1/3/12, we shipped out the H&M hull in a timely (in stock). According to my records on 2/4/12 we refunded the price of the decals and wing; so 7 weeks is actually 4 weeks. The decals did turn out to be in stock; but you didn't want them without the wing. I don't recall 8 mos ago if you called up front about the items before you placed your order. I do know for a fact we do not stock the rear wings on these 1/12th hulls. My notes don't state anything other than you cancelled decal and wing; refund issued. So I find it hard to believe I ripped you off when you are in possession of the boat you paid for and was refunded on items you didn't want. Chris Fine

jantagg
08-06-2012, 08:56 PM
I have never had a problem with Chris Fine's products or customer service. Also, over the years he has given me valued RC information through various telephone converations.

Tom Taggart

Diegoboy
08-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Same here. Chris keeps me informed with my hull still intransit from Germany.

Chuck E Cheese
08-06-2012, 11:54 PM
i ordered from chris when i first got into boating about 4 years ago... i didnt get ripped off, just took 2 months or more to get my products. when i went to return something as i was told i could he would never return e-mails or phone calls. when i mentioned his name at my lhs they all laughed at me and good lick with that edit.... i have since threw all his stuff away and got my h&m hulls directly from oliver. although it took a month or more to get it was still quicker than dealing with chris...
chuck st romain

snehpetsffej
08-06-2012, 11:58 PM
I just bought a drifter l from Chris and I received it in 2 days from the day I bought it.

Fluid
08-07-2012, 07:46 AM
...when i mentioned his name at my lhs they all laughed at me and good lick with that edit....
Geeze, an LHS bad-mouthing an Internet seller - imagine that! What is this world coming to. :doh:

Doug Smock
08-07-2012, 09:23 AM
If this thread remains civil we'll keep it open. If not.................:sleep:
Thanks fellas,
D.:popcorn2:

See above fellas.
I'm trying to find a good reason to keep this thread open. Seems to me it has come full circle.
How about we give it till the end of the day??
Doug

Steven Vaccaro
08-07-2012, 10:44 AM
I think Dougs right. Everyone has said what was needed. Time to move on.