PDA

View Full Version : Help?!

Gabe_k
01-31-2012, 12:40 AM
got this thing a few days ago, and it rips.. but it takes like 3-4 seconds to acctually plane and then it rockets off? is this how they all are? it just seems like something is not right.. also, the drive shaft line doesnt come out from the center of the hull.. its like 3/8" off to the right side.. is this standard?

Make-a-Wake
01-31-2012, 12:51 AM
The shaft being off center is to counteract the prop steer that wants to push the boat to the right.

Gabe_k
01-31-2012, 12:55 AM
gottcha! thanks for your help!(in the other thread too)

Diegoboy
01-31-2012, 12:56 AM
for getting on plane, try a different PROP (http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=oct-x430)

Chilli
01-31-2012, 12:57 AM
I don't own one of these boats, but it does take a few seconds for a hull with a surface drive to get on plane and the prop to bite. I've seen offset struts more in gas boats but if a strut it offset, it is to the right. It helps correct torque roll which is the boats tendency to lean to the right because of the rotation of the prop. If the boat rips and rides level with nothing more than a slight trim tab adjustment, you're money.

Man you guys are fast. LOL

Grimracer
02-01-2012, 01:00 PM
got this thing a few days ago, and it rips.. but it takes like 3-4 seconds to acctually plane and then it rockets off? is this how they all are? it just seems like something is not right.. also, the drive shaft line doesnt come out from the center of the hull.. its like 3/8" off to the right side.. is this standard?

Im glad you like the boat.. surface drive boats have allot more tendency to cavatate then sub-surface.. especially when you add in a plastic prop.. (Blunt leading edge and blade flex).. but cavatation is really not such a bad thing.. Its not going to hurt anything.. Truth is its easer of drive systems, motors and Controllers.. not allot but it is.

The Stuffing tube offset is to counter act torque.. I moved it right as far as I dare.. that Outruner is a PIA to counter act.

Grimracer