PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NAMBA SAW Time-Trial - March 2-4, Legg Lake, CA

Darin Jordan
01-26-2012, 01:23 PM
District 19 is hosting a NAMBA SAW Time-Trial event at Legg Lake in South El Monte, CA on March 2 thru 4.

Great time... GREAT food... GREAT Company... and a GREAT opportunity to get out there and learn what it takes to make a boat go FFFFFAAAASSSSSTTTTT!

Come on out and have some fun!! All NAMBA-Legal power classes are welcome!

:cool2:

Info can be found on the District 19 Website: http://www.namba19.com/

Or on the NAMBA website: http://www.namba.com

"Stator Smoking" is permitted, though NOT recommended... :flashfire: :blink: :wink:

properchopper
01-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Good Times a-coming ! Hoping to find that elusive backup run this time.

thomaslambo
01-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the post Darin.....looking forward to another great event.....gotta love the Grim's hospitality and Kim's food :banana:

Hey Tony, I can feel your backup run in my bones :rockon2:

See you guys at the event,

Thomas

properchopper
01-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the post Darin.....looking forward to another great event.....gotta love the Grim's hospitality and Kim's food :banana:

Hey Tony, I can feel your backup run in my bones :rockon2:

See you guys at the event,

Thomas

The SAW's are four days after my five day trip to AZ for WWVIII where I'm racing SEVEN classes. My bones are going to feel it too !

Darin Jordan
02-01-2012, 12:16 AM
The SAW's are four days after my five day trip to AZ for WWVIII where I'm racing SEVEN classes. My bones are going to feel it too !

We've got your back, Tony! Let's Git-R-Done this time!!

thomaslambo
02-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Good luck at the event my friend :tiphat:

Hey Darin, is Brian coming down with you?

properchopper
02-01-2012, 12:18 PM
We've got your back, Tony! Let's Git-R-Done this time!!

You guys, you make me blush-I'm not worthy ! ( But the prop Brian gave me is locked in my safe :thumbup1:)

raptor347
02-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Good luck at the event my friend :tiphat:

I'll be there. Triple digits here we come.

Darin Jordan
02-01-2012, 03:39 PM

I'm actually coming down with him! Another 17-hour driving odyssey of a planning and scheming and working out the next thing to "ruin" this wonderful hobby of ours!! EACH WAY! ;)

thomaslambo
02-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Gotta love it......and triple digits here we come :flame42:

Darin Jordan
02-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Just a note guys... I checked the NAMBA site to get the sanction number for the event, and NAMBA has the race listed as:

March 3-4 Two Lap Oval Record Trials
Legg Lake, South El Monte, CA
All Nitro, Gas, and Electric Classes

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect, and that the race is actually March 2-4, and is a SAW... not a 2-Lap...

The District 19 website has it listed on their schedule as:

Mar 2-4 Straight Line Legg Lake, CA Amigo

thomaslambo
02-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Just a note guys... I checked the NAMBA site to get the sanction number for the event, and NAMBA has the race listed as:

March 3-4 Two Lap Oval Record Trials
Legg Lake, South El Monte, CA
All Nitro, Gas, and Electric Classes

I'm pretty sure this is incorrect, and that the race is actually March 2-4, and is a SAW... not a 2-Lap...

The District 19 website has it listed on their schedule as:

Mar 2-4 Straight Line Legg Lake, CA Amigo

FYI - I've communicated with Kim this week and most definitely the event is SAWS and three days (March 2-4). Send your sign up to Mark and Kim directly via e-mail and be sure to let Kim know if you want lunch (highly recommended) :smile:

Also, I was at the lake twice this week and several others are testing their boats as well :banana:

And look out for the Cat man....he's got something really special this time out :rockon2:

Darin Jordan
02-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Are were there yet??? :spy:

Doby
02-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Nice checkers!

Darin Jordan
02-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Nice checkers!

I know, Right? Thank You! (And... THANK YOU!)

detox
02-25-2012, 07:30 PM
How well does the checkerboard decal stick to hull? I once tried the solid color Black, but it did not stick verywell. I believe this decal material was ment to be applied over Monocoat only. Sorry for being off topic. You guys have fun.

Idea..................I bet spraying with 3M adhesive would help it stick lots better.

Darin Jordan
02-27-2012, 09:40 AM
How well does the checkerboard decal stick to hull? I once tried the solid color Black, but it did not stick verywell. I believe this decal material was ment to be applied over Monocoat only. Sorry for being off topic. You guys have fun.

Idea..................I bet spraying with 3M adhesive would help it stick lots better.

It sticks OK. Doesn't like the bend around the side very much, but we'll see how it holds up. I'd ultimately rather have some vinyl made up for this type of thing.

As for the SAWs... is it WRONG that I already have 6 boats, all my batteries, my spare parts, and my pit equipment, all packed up and ready to go? Only thing left to do is put that box, my tent, chair, toolbox, and table into the car, and pack some clothes... :cool2:

What's even more "wrong" is that I fit all SIX of those boats, my chargers, batteries, radio gear, and the rest of my pit equipment all into one standard 36" long tote box! I may need to look into building some BIGGER BOATS! :blush:

Looking forward to some sunshine and fun!