PDA

View Full Version : Impulse 31 questions

Skullcracken
01-25-2012, 10:19 PM
Is the out of the box boat hull white and you apply the decals? Can they be removed. And what size shaft and prop shaft is on the stock boat?

stadiumyamaha
01-25-2012, 11:43 PM
The decals are on it from the factory and easily removed.
It come with a 3/16 stub with a .150 flex.

Skullcracken
01-29-2012, 11:25 PM
Thanks man. Did you replace the drive shaft to use the castle motor?

Darin Jordan
01-30-2012, 12:07 AM
The .150 shaft should more than handle any power that you might want to put into a 31" hull... It's a fairly short shaft, so it will handle a good bit of power without issue.

stadiumyamaha
01-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Darin
My stock flex came apart the first time I uses with the cc1515 2200kv.
They may be better now, mine was from the first shipment.
Jason

stadiumyamaha
01-30-2012, 10:41 AM
I am now using the ose flex and after 20+ runs shows no sign of weakness.
I can tell you it's my favorite boat with the cc1515 on 4s2p running a m545. 50+mph for long runs and cool temps. It is prone to stuffing in rough water but that makes you drive it better.

Darin Jordan
01-30-2012, 10:45 AM
I am now using the ose flex and after 20+ runs shows no sign of weakness.
I can tell you it's my favorite boat with the cc1515 on 4s2p running a m545. 50+mph for long runs and cool temps. It is prone to stuffing in rough water but that makes you drive it better.

I haven't had any trouble, but I have noticed that the flex quality can vary from batch to batch... I too, have an Octura flex cable setup in my "high-powered" boat and haven't had any issues.

So, let me amend my previous comment... the .150" flex SIZE is fine. You might want to upgrade to an aftermarket quality cable, like OSE sells (Octura, Hughey, etc.)...

:cool2:

Darin Jordan
01-30-2012, 10:47 AM
It is prone to stuffing in rough water but that makes you drive it better.

Where are you running your GG???

If the boat is coming out of the water on hops, and not remaining very level (pointing the nose down, perhaps), then try running your CG back a bit, and adjusting the tabs/strut to get the nose down again.

If you get the combo just right, you'll have a lot less "stuffing" happening...

That being said... it's not a DEEP, deep-V hull, and it's a pretty low profile, so it will do this from time-to-time...

stadiumyamaha
01-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I think I have it setup pretty well. Flys flat in the air and only stuffs when It gets kicked down. Love the boat. It has taken more abuse than any boat i owned. Stuffed, caught on fire and banked more than once and nothing more than gel cracks. Thanks. Great job.