PDA

View Full Version : mississippi model boat club

ron1950
01-20-2012, 06:54 PM
hey guys just a quick question...if we throw a race and have all the electric classes that can get 3 boats.....would u come to mississippi to run? prob be late spring.....just a yes or no is cool......

chaddlee1978
03-04-2012, 02:14 AM
I would love to come and see a race. I want to get into rc fast electric boats and live in mississippi. Trying to find other people I can run my boat with and wondering are there any clubs or people that are running boats around the hattiesburg, ms area?

ron1950
03-04-2012, 02:47 AM
chaddlee as far as i know ...i am the only fe club (one member ,,,me!) in mississippi.....i am in the brandon area near the barnett res... the local gas club has a race that will have several fe classes april 14/15.....
Mississippi model boaters spring race "thunder on the water" april 13-15. 2012

Mississippi Model Boaters Association's Spring Race "Thunder On The Water" April 13-15. 2012

The MMBA Club will have our Spring opener race on April 14-15, with open water on the 13th. This will be a NAMBA Race. We will run gas,nitro and electric classes. We will run at Holmes County State Park, in Durant, MS.

It will take at least three boats to make a class.
Race Fee: $20.00 for the 1st entry and $10.00 for each additional class to be raced.
Registration will be from 1:00 to 4:30 on Friday, April 13, 2012. Registration will resume on Saturday morning from 7:00 - 7:40 am.
The Driver's Meeting will begin at 7:45.
The Race will start at 8:00 am.

Signing up for this race ends on Tuesday April 10, 2012 at 5:30 PM.

You will be allowed to bump in classes, but not down.

Cabins are available. The dorms are open for this event.
On Friday evening we will have the BBQ/Beans Social under the pavilion.

Getting There:
Holmes County
5369 State Park Road
Durant MS 39063
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
33.02556, -89.93139

Contact No.
(662)-653-3351

Check out this link;
http://youtube/M_p9fYXMGDM

NAMBA cards will be checked.
3 Boats are required to make the class;
1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards will be presented to the classes with at least 5 boats.

Classes: All NAMBA Classes
Saturday Gas Classes
Stock Mono - Canister Only
Cracker Box
G1 Rigger
G1 Cat
G1 Mono
G1 Gas Sport Hydro
Thunder Boat (Stock Zenoah Only)

Saturday Electric Classes - (Please bring them out.)
LSH / RTR-4S UL1 (Stock Motor Only)
Qpen 4S P
Open 6S
Open 10S T

Sunday Gas Classes
Jersey Skiff
GX1 Mono
GX1 Cat
GX1 Rigger
GX1 Gas Sport Hydro
Twin Rigger added 2/20/2012
Gas Tunnel added 2/20/2012
Open Off-Shore

Awards Ceremony

Please Take NOTICE;
The 1st and 2nd place winners of each heat are required to be corner judges. If you can not be in the stand, it will the racers responsibility to find a replacement. This will make for fair and impartial rac

chaddlee1978
03-04-2012, 11:15 AM
I have not bought an electric boat yet. I was leaning on the mystic 29 catamaran. have you heard of this boat and could I race it in the race? What would be a better boat for me to get in order to race in races? Do other people come from other states to race their electric boats because you said that you are the only one in ms that is in the FE club and the race requires at least three boats for each race? I just curious. I would love to come and watch the race and I will be there. I just need to figure out which boat to get and get everything I need for it so I can set it up and tune it right. I have seen the impulse 31 by proboat on youtube race with mods and it was really fast. What kind of electric boat do you have?

ron1950
03-04-2012, 01:15 PM
the mystic is a good fast boat....the gas club here would put it in the open p class......id get a few 4 cell batts for it to have some weight in the boatif u ever go to a race that runs offshore fe boats it would be a good offshore boat also.....i think there are a few guys in mobile and maybe gulfport and i know houston tx has a fe club. oh ya i dont know anything about the impulse so cant say good or bad.....i do like my pursuit mono with a 4074 leopard 2200kv in it for p mono class......u can see alot of em on u tube also.....

Macgruff45
03-11-2012, 02:28 PM
We are inviting all listed electrics to participate. We are attempting to establish this race site for all boats.
If interest is there we are interested in hosting an all electric race as well.
If you plan to attend the April Race, please sign up on Jim's RC Boat Dock.

Thanks
TW

PS.
Thank you Ron for posting this info.

teddyboy
03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Last year a bunch of electric boaters attended the race including myself. We had a great time and those Mississippi boys put on a great event. They are very friendly and helpful club. The club, pond,race course and park facilities are one of the best!! Don't miss it!

ron1950
04-01-2012, 11:45 PM
anyone going to this besides me?

teddyboy
04-02-2012, 12:25 AM
Can't make this year, hope to in the fall.