PDA

View Full Version : Spectrum DX3E Binding procedure to Multiple RXs

sanyijr
01-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Could someone post how to bind a DX3E to multiple receivers please.

I have the DX3E and 3 receivers, but each time I bind one, it unbinds the previous one. Do I not turn the TX off till all recievers are bound? Or what is the deal...

Much appreciated :beerchug:

Sean

Gimp
01-19-2012, 01:47 PM
If you are switching from DSM rx's to DSM2 rx's you will need to rebind each time.

Try binding one and turn off/on the tx before you do another. It will bind to multiple rx's because I've had mine bound to multiples.

Steven Vaccaro
01-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Found this.

Tech Notes - MODEL MEMORY
The DX3E can be used with multiple models that have the same type of Spektrum receiver without rebinding every time you switch receivers. For example, the DX3E can be used with multiple DSM receivers (such as the SR300, SR3001, SR3300T or SR3500) after it has been bound to them. The DX3E learns the receiver GUID during binding and knows which receiver it is connected to. So when you switch to another receiver of the same type, simply turn on the receiver and transmitter and then double check your servo direction, travel, and trim and you're ready to go.

If you switch to a different type of Spektrum receiver such as changing from a DSM receiver to a DSM2 receiver (SR3100 or SR3520), or changing from a DSM receiver to a Marine receiver (MR3000), or vice-versa then you will have to re-bind the transmitter to the receiver.

I'm glad you asked, because I thought because it only had one model, only one rx could be bound. Now I know different.

martin
01-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Id been asking this very question for some time & got yes you can bind more than 1 rx & others said the opposite that you cant bind more than 1 unless you have a Spektrum tx with memory. Good to know you can bind more than 1 without memory facility on the tx. I like twin stick tx & was looking to get a Spektrun 6 DXI because of the memory but can also get the DX5e that has no memory that is only half the price but with no memory you cant store trim settings if your using multiple boats on 1 tx, is this worth going to the more expensive tx or go with the cheaper one & set trims if their different on diff boats. What do you think.

sanyijr
01-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks Steve and ....GIMP (won't even ask),

I have multiple SR300s but the ones I was comparing was the MR3000 and a SR300. Makes sense i guess. At least it explaines the situation!!!

:bowdown: again!

sundog
01-19-2012, 06:11 PM
I like twin stick tx & was looking to get a Spektrun 6 DXI because of the memory but can also get the DX5e that has no memory that is only half the price but with no memory you cant store trim settings if your using multiple boats on 1 tx, is this worth going to the more expensive tx or go with the cheaper one & set trims if their different on diff boats. What do you think.

Model memory is definitely worth the extra $ IMO, so you won't need to re-adjust all your trim settings (what a pain). The Turnigy 9X stick radio http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8992__Turnigy_9X_9Ch_Transmitter_w_Module_8ch_Re ceiver_Mode_2_v2_Firmware_.html is a real bargain when it is in stock. There are forum threads devoted to modding it.

martin
01-19-2012, 06:30 PM
sundog your right re the memory, i will deff go with the 6 DXI with memory. I think if i bought the cheaper tx with no memory i wouldnt be thinking id saved some money at the time but wasted some by having a tx that i would have regreted getting.

Darin Jordan
01-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Guys... for another $50.00 or so, you can get the DX3C and will have a bit nicer quality radio, with more tuning features, and model memory... It's a great radio...

martin
01-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Job done went with DX6I & MR3000 rx.

Darin Jordan
01-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Job done went with DX6I & MR3000 rx.

Nice choice!

One of the benefits of using a stick radio for our boats is that it opens the door up for some other ESC options... You can use some of the Airplane ESCs that are available...

Have fun and enjoy your new radio setup...