PDA

View Full Version : January 21st Meet in Crosby

Fluid
01-18-2012, 08:41 AM
We will meet at the Crosby Pond around 10AM for fun and racing. The weather sounds great, '70s and a light breeze so bring out your toys and play! I plan on bringing my P-Mono and P-LSH myself. :smile:

Jesse J
01-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Ohhhh yeahhhhh. I got my batteries almost charged up.

Rok Krawl
01-18-2012, 01:28 PM
I will come out for some fun again. Hopefully the weather is good as the last time.

Kajun
01-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I will be out there. Still not ready for the water, but hope to see some action.

Fluid
01-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Great to hear that guys, it will be fun! The weather still looks nice, bring a lunch....

Clueless1
01-20-2012, 10:04 AM
I'm heading out with Jesse in the morning!

jdugas
01-20-2012, 02:03 PM
will be there
Joe

Jesse J
01-20-2012, 07:23 PM
I will be bringing a small t mono surprise.... Todd say nothing.

T mono
P mono
P limited mono
LSH
And the rescue barge

Fluid
01-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Wow, what a day! Lots of excitement, lots of good racing too. But too much carnage - lost props, blown ESCs, wet radios, and even a sunken boat. :sad::sad::Sinking::sad::sad:

But the weather was awesome and the company faultless. Let's do it again (less the carnage). :rockon2:

Kajun
01-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Sorry i couldnt make it. My little one woke up sick today, and momma had plans. Who sunk there boat and did they retrieve it?

LarrysDrifter
01-21-2012, 08:37 PM
I need to move to Texas. Also, FL, to run with Tique, then to SoCal to race with Tony. MO winters suck.

Fluid
01-21-2012, 11:12 PM
We missed you Roy, it was a beautiful day, 77*F a light overcast with a gentle breeze. Ed Dugas sunk his FE-30 with new Leopard 2200Kv motor. Strange, the boat stopped, then dove underwater right by the turn buoys. We saw a bubble trail but the water was too deep for the retrieval pole. Ed will drag the pond with a net tomorrow.

Larry, you'd certainly be welcome here! Texas is a great place to live, with more new jobs in the past few years than the rest of the country put together - it is the 14th largest economy in the world.

LarrysDrifter
01-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Im sorry to be off topic for a post or two, but, is TX a right to work state? Id love to move south where the winters are mild. Sorry to hear about the FE30. I hope the ole boy recovers it.

Fluid
01-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Im sorry to be off topic for a post or two, but, is TX a right to work state? Id love to move south where the winters are mild. Yes it is. Come on down. :smile:

Rok Krawl
01-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Had another great time. Got some good pics of boat. Now I gotta find out how to add a pic to my profile.

Dad got some clips of the boats running. Have to post some up. Hope the sunken boat is recovered.

Jesse J
01-22-2012, 07:41 PM
I had to leave the Titan with the total meltdown out On the balcony - it's new name it the stink master.

Big daddy Oh had no stuffing tube grommet left... Just dangling in the wet well. I picked me up a couple cone washers and remounted the wet well - should be good. I shot the receiver with electronics cleaner and violla esc arms like before.

Not really any new lessons, just relearning old ones:
1) Check temps after a lap instead of a whole race with a new set up
2) tighten the prop nut beyond just fInger tight
3) when electronics refuse to work, don't force it - they might be helping you avoid greater disaster... If I had gotten the t mono going for a third run, I may have blown the whole driveline!

Great day even with the challenges. Jim Vaughn and rest of the HOTMBC team, you were missed.

Larry, come on dowwwwwn!