PDA

View Full Version : EKOS HULL $49 on EBAY

silvermansteve
01-17-2012, 08:36 PM
venom's selling ekos 34" cat hulls on ebay for $49 plus $11 shipping. they say there's only minor cosmetic flaws. i'm getting one to build! so, if someone here expresses curiosity, i'll post about the hull's actual condition after i get it.

Diesel6401
01-17-2012, 09:45 PM
venom's selling ekos 34" cat hulls on ebay for $49 plus $11 shipping. they say there's only minor cosmetic flaws. i'm getting one to build! so, if someone here expresses curiosity, i'll post about the hull's actual condition after i get it.

Snap. Got a link?

SirBudman32
01-17-2012, 09:53 PM
http://r.ebay.com/nAfhuQ

Bullwink
01-17-2012, 10:55 PM
The guy who has too many boats already (me) just bought one. I will be interested in seeing your build thread.

Diesel6401
01-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Hell i just pulled the trigger.. Single drive sport, or twin drive saw.... Choices choices

silvermansteve
01-17-2012, 11:29 PM
diesel were you going to do a build thread on this?

Diesel6401
01-17-2012, 11:39 PM
diesel were you going to do a build thread on this?

I didn't have any plans to. To be honest I'm not sure when I'll get around to building/funding this. I did make up my mind though, it will be a single drive. I believe the holes on the back maybe pre-drilled, also there maybe motor mounts and they battery trays installed. Don't quote me on that lol...

* Whenever I do build I will gladly post my setup and links and help anyway I can.

fpsphoto
01-17-2012, 11:48 PM
got mine coming too thanks to Diesel... January 20th , lets hope I can catch the delivery guy and his ninja door knocking skills just before he runs back out to his truck with a note on my door and my package back in his truck.

Diesel6401
01-17-2012, 11:57 PM
got mine coming too thanks to Diesel... January 20th , lets hope I can catch the delivery guy and his ninja door knocking skills just before he runs back out to his truck with a note on my door and my package back in his truck.

You mean the "whisper knock" lol.... I wonder if he taps the door right by the doorbell....

fpsphoto
01-18-2012, 12:14 AM
yea he did when he dropped off the U2... I was in my office too dude, you know I knew he was coming too by the time I got to the door he was already on the steps....

fpsphoto
01-18-2012, 12:15 AM
You know your building mine too dont you..... I just drive and charge the batteries

silvermansteve
01-18-2012, 05:04 AM
thanks diesel i'll be interested to see what you do.

Diesel6401
01-18-2012, 07:53 PM
You know your building mine too dont you..... I just drive and charge the batteries

Great.... :banghead:

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Diesel6401
01-18-2012, 08:00 PM
thanks diesel i'll be interested to see what you do.

Right now top of my head I'm thinking a single outrunner setup from Ben (fightercat). Something around 1700-1800kv (my favorite kv range) ill have to look what he has. I love the outrunner sound. I do know I don't want anything overly aggressive. Looking for mid 40mph on a 4s1p setup. Looking for pure sport with handling the goal. Everything might change when I see the hull though lol... I highly doubt ill do a twin though. My hull shipped today :D

CHUD
01-19-2012, 10:10 PM
Man I just wish there's one left for me,I have to run to add some ducket's to my account ,after I get payed tomorrow,I,m going to flip out if I miss it:crying: ,I just read 15 teen sold:scared:

bozo586
01-19-2012, 10:43 PM
listing has ended-just came from link!

lectriglide
01-19-2012, 11:56 PM
listing has ended-just came from link!

True, but the item was relisted @ $59.99 + 11.99 shipping. 7 sold 8 available right now.

highflyerbill
01-21-2012, 09:24 AM
I just sprung for one at 60.00 . Does any one know if it's the new or old hull ? they had many problems with the first batch of hulls . Sure hope it's not the old batch were getting ? I read they used to much hardener amd the fiberglass was brittle , don't know if true or not but what I heard .

Diesel6401
01-21-2012, 02:48 PM
I just sprung for one at 60.00 . Does any one know if it's the new or old hull ? they had many problems with the first batch of hulls . Sure hope it's not the old batch were getting ? I read they used to much hardener amd the fiberglass was brittle , don't know if true or not but what I heard .

It's a dragon hobby hull I believe. A lot of the cheaper chinese hulls new re-inforced. I don't plan on re-forcing mine. I'll post pics when it arrives. Strictly sport is the plan (40-50mph range). I heard holes are pre-drilled. Not sure if any mounts or the battery trays are installed.

twofford71
01-21-2012, 07:17 PM
got mine and holes are pre drilled and no mounts or trays, it has a bit flimsy hull and hatch but all that can be fixed when filling in the pre drilled holes

highflyerbill
01-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Got mine ! This thing is going to need a bit of reinforcing . It's a very light FG hull , I can see it doing a lot of flexing . I for one will do some work on this before going any further .

NativePaul
01-26-2012, 12:05 PM
What does it weigh?

Norman2
01-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Hi, Just got mine two days ago and was surprised because I couldn't find any defects.
Started to build using single Ammo 2300, 60 amp Aquacraft ESC, Octura 640 and two
5400 Mah 60C Lipos in series for 4S. This was the same set up I had on my scratch built
cat ShakeN'Bake so will continue to run in LSO. Waiting on some parts from Steve.
Attached photos. Regards
Norman2690476904869049

lenny
01-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Moving along fast on that,lol
Looking really good.

Hi, Just got mine two days ago and was surprised because I couldn't find any defects.
Started to build using single Ammo 2300, 60 amp Aquacraft ESC, Octura 640 and two
5400 Mah 60C Lipos in series for 4S. This was the same set up I had on my scratch built
cat ShakeN'Bake so will continue to run in LSO. Waiting on some parts from Steve.
Attached photos. Regards
Norman2690476904869049

BILL OXIDEAN
01-27-2012, 11:11 AM
I'll be darned, you guys REALLY are finding those hulls for pennies..

Diesel6401
01-27-2012, 01:32 PM
I received mine yesterday. The only damage I found was from the hatch resting on top of the deck and not taped down. I can't believe that it was sitting on the deck sliding back and forth and not secured, that's the first boat I even received (even from purchasing from other memebers) that hatch wasn't on the boat and tacked in place with a few pieces of tape. The scratchs aren't bad at all, but the hull would be darn near spotless if the hatch was tapped in place.

Bill can you use your pull at Venom and relay that information to them?!?

silvermansteve
01-28-2012, 11:05 AM
the only defects in mine were cracks in the big decal on the deck; they are tiny, and noticeable only on close inspection. i'm beginning to think that $319 for a running ekos was an even better deal, though i did not go for that.

Norman2
01-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi, Attached photos of my final layout on the EKOS hull from Ebay. Will be running in
the LSO class in our local club. This takes the place of my previous 34" scratch built
cat which I used to run. Started to show many cracks in the hull after two seasons
so took all the electronics out and gave it a Viking burial (burned it in the fireplace)
Will be testing and final setup in spring. Will keep all posted. Regards
Norman69533695346953569536

Norman2
01-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Here arer some photo of the final product. Now wait for spring.
Normand

mohsb
01-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Nice job Norman, All my parts are on order. Let's see if we can get these hulls to run as a single drive.

Norman2
01-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Nice job Norman, All my parts are on order. Let's see if we can get these hulls to run as a single drive.
I am sure they will run better with single drives than with twin drives. Positive
Norman

Bullwink
02-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Got my hull and like others, it only has two blemishes in the decals. Holes are predrilled. I am planning on running two motors. Does anyone have a recommendation on stingers? I can drill out 4mm ones. The stock ones from Venom are expensive ($45). Fighter Cat no longer has the 70mm ones. I found these at Hobby King http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/__12707__Adjustable_stinger_drive_Silver_.html ($9.84) but don't know if they will work. Ideally I would like to find direct repalcements for the stock ones but that may be asking too much.

Any thoughts?

Billy Barnacle
02-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I ordered a Hobby-Wing motor from HobbyKing because they "allegedly" had the 3300Kv size I wanted... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__7193__EZ_RUN_Brushless_Motor_12T_3300Kv.html --- I waited for well over a week and received no shipping info.

I was not able to get in touch with them by telephone or live chat. I opened a trouble ticket which also went un-answered. I finally ended up filing a PayPal dispute, they canceled my order without notice. They are not answering the PayPal dispute either, they know the drill... don't respond and after 10-days PP will rule in my favor and I'll get a refund.

In the meantime they have money to use - I know, $34.53 ain't squat, but what if they do that to a 1,000 or 5,000 or even 10,000 people?? Now your talking thousands of dollars.

I cannot attach a complete screen shot of my PayPal account because it would reveal too much personal info that could be used for ID theft; however, I will post the basics and let you guys decide for yourself...

Business Name: hexTronik Limited (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
Email: support@unitedhobbies.com
Payment Sent to: accounts@UNITEDHOBBIES.COM

In plain english, they ARE NOT a USA based business!! -- They are located in Hong Kong - I have a copy of the customs form to prove it.

They are SCUMS & SCAMMERS!! -- I highly recommend you avoid them like the plague!!

If you want to do business with a reputable USA business, buy your stuff from HobbyPartz. I've completed 2 transactions with them and have a 3rd in progress, they ship fast and they answer the phone when you call them - they also have live chat and yes they also answer there too.

I have also done numerous transactions with Tower Hobbies without any issues. Tower Hobbies has a sister company on eBay called OmniHobbies - I have done several transactions with them too, again with no issues of any kind. Best of all, OmniHobbies ALWAYS offers free shipping on orders of $99 or more.

Again AVOID Hobby King or you WILL regret it.

I have proof of all statements made in this post, thus it is not opinion IT IS FACT.

Regards,
Barnacle Bill The Sailor

Got my hull and like others, it only has two blemishes in the decals. Holes are predrilled. I am planning on running two motors. Does anyone have a recommendation on stingers? I can drill out 4mm ones. The stock ones from Venom are expensive ($45). Fighter Cat no longer has the 70mm ones. I found these at Hobby King http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/__12707__Adjustable_stinger_drive_Silver_.html ($9.84) but don't know if they will work. Ideally I would like to find direct repalcements for the stock ones but that may be asking too much.

Any thoughts?

Diesel6401
02-08-2012, 06:05 PM
A week is no time at a all at hobbyking. They're slow, be patient you'll get your stuff. I've received my orders before without even a shipping email and status that still say pending. They're prob still backed up from the chinese new year last month. I've ordered thousands of $$$$ from HK. No issues in not receiving anything to date (knock on wood). Warranty on the other hand could be an issue. Been using them for a few years now. You'll find a few un-satisfied customers, but at the end of the day more people use them then avoid them. Just gotta have patience and no what to expect.

silvermansteve
02-08-2012, 08:32 PM
quite a post there, bill. 2 transactions with hobby partz, and one with hobby king? wow. that obviously qualifies you as an expert. and the shrill tone, and content of your post, shows you to be of mature and even temperment. well, actually, based on your post, i wouldn't even rely on you to tell me the correct time of day. are you 13 years old?

silvermansteve
02-09-2012, 10:26 AM
bill, can't you do better than that? longer. more quotes. angrier.

by the way, all your rc's sound like crap: what grown man runs a BANDIT as a main rig? really, bill, bandits and plastic brushed boats and whatnot...rtr type radios? hell, i have nicer boats, trucks and planes sitting around here that i haven't even USED yet. if you come back i'll tell you more.

Diesel6401
02-09-2012, 05:57 PM
This thread just took a bad turn. Good luck gentlemen...

"Unsubscribed"

bozo586
02-09-2012, 08:48 PM
i agree---i'm gone too---"unsubscribed"

Billy Barnacle
02-09-2012, 10:47 PM
...what grown man runs a BANDIT as a main rig...
Not me, mine's for sale. AND, it was NEVER my main rig.

My main rig is now & has been since last July a highly modified Trax Stampede, I'll put pix in the gallery once the BL motor upgrade is complete.

...plastic brushed boats...
Plastic yes, brushed no... upgraded to BL... http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?32112-My-AquaCraft-Rio-EP-Brushless-Project

I'm not alone, there are quite a few members of this forum who have Rio's they've upgraded to BL. Check the "AquaCraft Rio EP Offshore Superboat Q & A" section. It was my first boat, have to start somewhere...

Have my eyes on a EKOS P1 for my next project, if I'm not mistaken, the hull is made of fiberglass.

That's all folks...

JimClark
02-11-2012, 02:39 AM
This one has gone long enough