PDA

View Full Version : 1/8 Scale Graphics and more

Mike McKnight
01-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Hi my name is Mike McKnight I am a 1/8 Scale Unlimited builder and driver. I used to own a sign and graphics shop but after I sold it I retained equipment to support my hobby. I've been doing scale graphics for nearly 6 years and to date I have the most complete catalog of scale graphics available with the total number of sets over 150 unlimiteds from past and present. I currently have all my sets sized for 1/10th scale, 1/8th scale, 1/7th scale and 1/6th scale. I have research materials that are pretty extensive as well as I try to be as accurate as possible. I also do some custom work for other hulls mainly in the gas classes like crackerboxes and thunderboats. Check out my catalog and gallery at www.thunderboatgraphics.com. :rockon2:

monojeff
01-18-2012, 02:41 AM
I can personally vouch for Mikes services they are second to none.
You can be confident Mike will take care of your scale decal needs!

JimClark
01-18-2012, 02:43 AM
So Can I Welcome Mike

Mike McKnight
01-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Jim, Jeff thanks much. BTW Jeff I've seen some of your custom work on some of the Cats in our District. Very nice indeed.

cybercrxt
01-19-2012, 08:51 PM
I can definately vouch for his quality. He does all my scale graphics, and as far as I am concerned is the best in the world for scale graphics. Mike, ML Boatworks

monojeff
01-20-2012, 01:39 AM
Mike just a thought but you should post up some pics of some of your work here so they do not need to go to your website.
Appreciate the compliment I enjoy making stuff for guys and have shipped all over the world as you know it is rewarding and time consuming!!
Been hard lately to work on stuff but do what I can.
I have some scale stuff I have been working on and look forward to seeing the finished boats once they are built.
I am working on something special past month and should turn out to be a beauty of a modern hull for someone in WA that races with CT.

Mike McKnight
03-01-2012, 08:37 AM
Well it's official I will be going in to get my knee scoped on Friday. I've been dealing with pain and limping since just before Christmas and finally they are getting me in. Looks like I'm not racing this weekend or much of anything else for that matter. I have sent off about 4 sets this week and after the surgery I'll probably be drawing for a few days. Since I usually am standing while I do up sets looks like that's out for now. Since I can sit and draw I'll get some drawing done on some logos that need to be digitized. Some detective work paid off and I located a few logos that appeared on some Bud boats from 2001-2004. Plus I also have the old Hilton Products (Hy-Per-Lube) from the 60s and 70s that needs to be digitized. I'll get a few more orders out today and tomorrow. Then I'll be out till Monday. I'll post some new shots of some boats that have been completed of late. I have a few customers with 1/10th scale electrics and some Gas boats that are all in various stages of completion. One that turned out very nice is a Gas Scale the 1974 U-95 that a custromer in WA built. Awesome work.

worriedsick4u
06-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Hey Mike. I need 2 Powered by Neu Motors decals for my Phil Thomas SS45 cowl. Not a big job, but something nonetheless. I would like them 2 1/2" long and exactly as Neu Motors advertises. Thanks

Mike McKnight
08-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Well a lot has happened since I checked in here last. I don't get a lot of time to update all the boards as much as I would like. It has been a busy summer with a trip to WA to watch the Unlimiteds in Tri Cities and race my (dare I say it?) nitro scale boat. In late June I purchased a new wide format solvent printer and the speed at which I can turn out graphics sets has increased significantly. Just for example in a single week stretch I turned out 15 sets working just part time. With the addition of this new printer I will be also doing a number of other projects as well like banners and vehicle graphics. Check out the new TBG.com banner at www.thunderboatgraphics.com. Lots of new sets have been added and look for trailer decals and wraps coming soon as well.

BHChieftain
08-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Here's a set of his graphics on my 1/10 shovelnose,

Chief

Mike McKnight
01-16-2013, 08:49 AM
It's been a while since I have checked in on OSE and for that I apologize. Things have been busy this year. Since my last post I have moved into a new office as of Sept 1 and it's been a sprint ever since. I have added quite a few new sets since my last post. One thing that I have been doing as well is that with each new set that is added I am creating different sizes right from the get go. All sets are created to 1/8 scale dimensions but I am creating a 1/10 scale set for electrics and a 1/6 scale for gassers. Of late I have been getting more and more requests for 1/12 and 1/16th scale as well so if you are needing one of those sizes I can make a re sized set very easily. This year you will see TBG at several events as my son and I will be a sponsor and participants at the 2013 NAMBA Nitro and Gas Nationals in Salt Lake City as well as the NAMBA FE Nationals here in CA. WHat I am racing in FE? Yes I will have an FE 1/8 scale here very soon. My son will have one too hopefully. Time is ticking for us to be ready.

I am also expanding my catalog soon to incorporate more Offshore and other sets soon check in in my website for more updates....www.thunderboatgraphics.com

Mike McKnight
01-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Busy Busy and more Busy! But that is a good problem to have. I have been busting out 2-3 orders a day balanced with some drawing and some updating of the website. One thing I did want to mention is that I will now be producing not only decals for RC Boatworks for the Y6 Monos and T44 Cats but I will also be producing decals in various sizes for Propworks West. They will be available in pairs for boats, toolboxes, trailers or whatever you wanna put em on. Brent Daily was kind enough to give me his ok to produce these. Also be looking for new decals for gas boats as well in the coming weeks.

I have made a few updates to the website at www.thunderboatgraphics.com. Yet more screenshots that weren't up like the 59 Maverick. I have also tuned up the LLumar sets from 2003-2005. The Beacon Plumbing sets will soon follow. All of the files are there I just want to make sure the sizes are correct before I put up the screenshots SInce some of those I have not produced a full set of. I have also added a few more sets like the 1986 Miss Mercruiser and the 2009 Hoss Mortgage. There will be 15 more added over the next month or so. Some are ones I have never drawn up. Other are ones that need to be redrawn since I never recovered them after the robbery a few years back.

Last but not least I have added two more finished boats to my gallery. Greg Hahn's awesome Qatar which I'm sure most in IW have seen already. And Chris Breen's 98 LLumar rebuilt after the auto accident in Tri-Cities last year. These guys did some awesome work. Look for many more soon as boats are nearing completion for the new season including two of my own. Lastly I want to thank the 1/10th scale Electric Scale guys of late. Quite a few orders coming in the last couple of weeks from those guys and I hope to see some of you at the NAMBA FE Nationals in June.

monojeff
01-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Nice work MIKE!
What are you making for the T-44 & Y6??

Mike McKnight
01-25-2013, 07:16 PM
I have a series of deck decals I am producing. Alan Terry designed the T44 and he is in my district. He brought a T44 over and asked me to design a few different decals for the T44 and the Y6.

monojeff
01-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Very cool.
I know Alan he is a good guy.
Keep up the great work Mike glad to hear things are going well and busy.