PDA

View Full Version : drive dog pins fragile on impulse 31, similar to Stilleto.

veejo
01-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Straight out of the box, I'm wondering why the the prop slips.
Not sure exact parts or name, but it seems the brass drive dog ? that locks with the prop, has a tiny pin to lock it to the shaft, that was sheared (so thin, I'm not surprised). I wanted to use the one from the mystic which has a grub screw in the dog, but that needs a flat section on the flex shaft for the grub screw to lock against.

Has someone come up with some standars parts to fix this weakness (pin in drive dog).

Seems similar system to the stilleto.

Don't want to start spending money on drive shaft from mystic and drive dog from mystic, etc,etc. then shaft diameters, etc,etc.

Where can I get a robust drive dog that works or the Impulse 31, or what is the easiset mod to make it as reliable as the mystic

veejo
01-15-2012, 04:34 PM
the answer seems to be
get an / make another shear pin (based on urgency) ...... pin from sewing kit ?.
get a drive dog with a grub screw and file part of the shaft flat (looking like best best option for using stock parts .... looks like a plan with next shipment of parts).
get an octura replacement shaft which has a drive dog with a grun screw already (getting specialized and expensive if in Australia).