PDA

View Full Version : GT3B binding issues - Help!

Mattwarner
01-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Had no problems binding the first rx following the instructions on the web, however I've just received two more receivers and cannot get them to bind.

When I insert the binding plug (channel 3) and power I get a solid light and not a blinking one, this is the same on both rx's. If I remove the binding plug I get a blinking light to indicate no tx signal.

Any ideas? I've done the usual and checked the binding plug is inserted properly and even used a spare.

Drax21
01-14-2012, 02:52 PM
1: Put bind plug in rx (bind slot)
2: Power the Rx (should get flashing light)
3:Hold Bind button with Tx off
4:With bind button still held turn on Tx and hold for 5 secs until solid

I had some trouble when trying to connect the HK version RX and the actual FLYSKY TX. If you still get a problem check all connections into the Rx are correct.

Mattwarner
01-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks Tim, I've tried this but don't get a flashing light it's always solid on both receivers, I've tried this sequence about half a dozen times

Drax21
01-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks Tim, I've tried this but don't get a flashing light it's always solid on both receivers, I've tried this sequence about half a dozen times

Have you switched the model on your Tx first?
Also the esc connects into the top slot when binding.

JIM MARCUM
01-14-2012, 03:46 PM
Mattwarner, apparently the HK receivers aren't matching up with the FlySky TX. I suggest you file a claim with HK via their "customer service" link, tell them they don't work, & ask for FlySky recievers as a replacement. And/or just buy two more by FlySky RXs. Hell, they only cost +-$25 bucks shipped. What's your time worth? JIM

Drax21
01-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Mattwarner, apparently the HK receivers aren't matching up with the FlySky TX. I suggest you file a claim with HK via their "customer service" link, tell them they don't work, & ask for FlySky recievers as a replacement. And/or just buy two more by FlySky RXs. Hell, they only cost +-$25 bucks shipped. What's your time worth? JIM

I know mine took 3 attempts before it worked. Weird really. I have a FLYSKY TX, a FLYSKY RX in my Apparition, and a HK RX in my Cyber Storm. FLYSKY to FLYSKY took 1 attempt, really easy. FLYSKY to HK took 3 attempts but my signal has been solid since.

Snowride
01-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Don't know what the problem is but if you need a new receiver or two, here is a great place that ships from California. Dirt cheap too. Shipping is free over $50 but then you would need to order 7 receivers. :scared: http://www.hobbypartz.com/fs-gtr3c-receiver.html

Mattwarner
01-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Sorted, turns out although they weren't flashing when the bind plug was in, or do anything when the tx/bind button turned on they have bound correctly, weird as they should flash then go solid once binding complete, oh well all 3 are working do I am happy! incidentally they are all flysky rx's

Drax21
01-14-2012, 04:28 PM
:thumbup1:

JIM MARCUM
01-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Nice to hear a story with a happy ending. JIM

Snowride
01-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Good to hear things are working.

If you are using 8 AA batteries, here is a really cheap great alternative. Comes out to the same weight as 4 AA batteries and is supposed to last much longer. Works on any receiver using 8X AA batteries in a flat pack configuration. Need to solder a little wire for hookup but that is real easy. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F9787%5F%5FTurnigy%5F1450mAh%5F3S%5F11%5F1v%5 FTransmitter%5FLipoly%5FPack.html

Mattwarner
01-14-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks, that's a good idea!

Mattwarner
01-15-2012, 07:37 AM
Good to hear things are working.

If you are using 8 AA batteries, here is a really cheap great alternative. Comes out to the same weight as 4 AA batteries and is supposed to last much longer. Works on any receiver using 8X AA batteries in a flat pack configuration. Need to solder a little wire for hookup but that is real easy. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/%5F%5F9787%5F%5FTurnigy%5F1450mAh%5F3S%5F11%5F1v%5 FTransmitter%5FLipoly%5FPack.html

How would I rig this up to work in the receiver? What would I need to solder, any pics of a similar setup would be great.

Also assume I could just rig up a servo plug to 5.5mm bullet adapter to plug into my charger? Also what would be the min MAH I would need, presume 1450 would be the max due to size.

Snowride
01-15-2012, 08:43 AM
How would I rig this up to work in the receiver? What would I need to solder, any pics of a similar setup would be great.

Also assume I could just rig up a servo plug to 5.5mm bullet adapter to plug into my charger? Also what would be the min MAH I would need, presume 1450 would be the max due to size.

A female servo plug is ideal. Just wire the 2 wires to the positive and negative wires of the radio battery holder wires making sure polarity is correct. As for charging, you can make an adapter (female servo to 5.5mm bullet in your case)

If you have the room, you could also cut the servo plug on the battery and go 5.5 direct on both battery and receiver which would eliminate any adapters which is even a better way if you ask me. A little velcro on both the battery and radio keeps things from jiggling around.

Mattwarner
01-15-2012, 11:16 AM
just had a look and i cant see any wires in the tx battery tray just the battery coils, take it i will need to split the case to find the wires to solder

Snowride
01-15-2012, 11:31 AM
just had a look and i cant see any wires in the tx battery tray just the battery coils, take it i will need to split the case to find the wires to solder

Correct.