PDA

View Full Version : New York: Western New York FE Boaters

jj2003
01-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Adding to the list in hope's of a few more members able to find us!

jj2003
01-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Here's where we run!

http://www.buffalomodelboat.com/index.html

fidelity101
02-07-2015, 01:03 PM
I wonder if we can get them to add a "Fast Electric" category to the website...I met a lot of people interested in boats a few weeks ago at the Swap Meet hosted by RandLhobbies.com and I think there may be a lot of people out there interested in fast boats.

jj2003
02-07-2015, 11:04 PM
That would be very cool. WNYRC.com has a forum for boats but hasn't had a post in it for over a year (I was the last!) It's a shame there's not more interest as we live by one of the largest bodies of fresh water in North America!

fidelity101
02-08-2015, 09:17 AM
I didn't even know WNYRC.com had a boat section! Tony helped me create a link on WNYRC.com, before his major update a year or so ago, to link our flying field www.brookfieldrc.com. I'll have to create another account and reach out to him...maybe we can get the http://www.buffalomodelboat.com/index.html website admin. to link WNYRC.com for added traffic.

Either way, I think we may have several new people this year...me included as I haven't even joined yet. :) I was running boats with a friend last year, which always increases the fun factor, but I fear he may not be available this year. Hopefully we can figure out a certain day of the week or weekend to meet up at Muir Lake or the larger lake just south and do some fun runs.

jj2003
02-08-2015, 09:31 AM
There was another pond up in Wheatfield, I believe off of N.F. BLVD that a few guys were able to get permission to run at, but I never could get up there to make it. Union Ship Canal is less that a mile from my house so I usually go there. Not very wide, but very long. And deep too! Muir is great for the smaller craft but no roon to go wide open. More turtles as of late too. And Canadian geese. And ducks. Getting popular with the wildlife! Sundays is for the scaler's and the sail'ers. We usually ran on saturday afternoon. There was also some speculation on a pond behind the firetower at Chestnut Ridge Park. Never could get ahold of anyone to set something up. Maybe this is the year? We do need some new members!

jj2003
02-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Here's our group page here. http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/group.php?groupid=9

Tell some of the guys interested to join to get it a bit larger and then we can start planing some fun runs locally. I've had some invites to a club in Rochester and they have a big following. Alot of gassers and nitro but still fun to watch! Some big stuff too!

marko500
02-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Hey John. Me and my son John still have our boats but have only run a couple of times the last few years (mainly when we were camping somewhere and they had a lake). We've been busy with him racing RC dirt oval and offroad and I've been flying more lately. Let us know if you guys get something going locally. Talked to Tom a week or so ago and we plan to make it out to Rochester to at least watch a race this summer.

jj2003
02-08-2015, 03:42 PM
We've been busy with him racing RC dirt oval and offroad and I've been flying more lately.

You guys go to R and L on industrial dr?

marko500
02-08-2015, 04:30 PM
R&L is becoming our second home. John races dirt oval there on wed evenings, races offroad friday evenings and sometimes sat afternoon, I fly indoors on sunday afternoons, tractor pull and monster truck racing first sat.morning each month and maybe an offroad practice day on mon. or tues evening.

Chilli
02-08-2015, 11:29 PM
Hey Guys, there will be a big gas race in Rochester in the middle of July. The IMPBA Gas National is being held at Carey Lake. Over 230 boats are registered. Even though I run mostly FE, I will be coming up and running my gas boats. Hope you guys can drop by, say hi and talk FE. You'll make allot of good contacts. It's gonna be a hoot!

jj2003
02-09-2015, 12:12 AM
Hey Guys, there will be a big gas race in Rochester in the middle of July. It's gonna be a hoot!

Hope to make it Chilli! Still have yet to make it to a LARGE event!

T.S.Davis
02-09-2015, 09:05 AM
You guys should also watch for the CanAm race. It's in Canada but it can't be too far from you.

jj2003
02-09-2015, 09:26 AM
You guys should also watch for the CanAm race. It's in Canada but it can't be too far from you.

Is that the one up in Burlington Terry? I know there is a club close to Wellington as well, but not sure where they run. I was invited last year there as well to run the 45" Speedfreak but never made it as I sold the boat to a fellow up past Windsor, Ont. He races locally in Rochester also. Been wondering how he made out with that hull. Haven't seen a video of it yet.

T.S.Davis
02-09-2015, 10:46 AM
This one
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?46735-IMPBA-D1-Northern-Lights-MBC-2014-quot-THE-CAN-AM-quot-July-26-amp-27

The date this year is in August though. A number of us MI fools are planning to get to that race too.

Chilli
02-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Hope to make it Chilli! Still have yet to make it to a LARGE event!

That makes two of us. I tried to make it to the CAN AM last year but the state of NY took three months to send me a cop of my birth certificate so I couldn't get the passport in time. At least I don't have to worry about that this time around... :smile: