PDA

View Full Version : got scared of the pb mystic esc problems...

Rob DeAngelis
01-08-2012, 09:03 PM
I was going to get the PB mystic 29 but after reading all the reviews of the esc burning up after the first couple of runs I decided on the AC Motley crew... It hurts because I was so set on the PB... I even ordered it and last minute cancelled...

Diegoboy
01-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Dood. three RTR threads created in the main board after I told you about the RTR board. C'mon man

Rob DeAngelis
01-08-2012, 09:25 PM
dood sorry but I thought that was not an rtr question... I thought It was just a statement.... c'mon man im sorry

Diegoboy
01-08-2012, 09:28 PM
No worries. Just remember if it's about an RTR, I'm movin' it. (or deleting it)

Rob DeAngelis
01-08-2012, 09:33 PM
K no prob... I will pay attention more next time... sorry but im new... great site though...

Diegoboy
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
I always cut new members slack, It's when a member with 1000+ posts does it when I get irritated. (or when it's done in spite)

Rob DeAngelis
01-08-2012, 09:44 PM
I gotcha...

Darin Jordan
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
ESC's Burning up?? I've been beating the crap out of these ESCs for three years, pushing them well beyond their design limits... and have had a grand total of ONE "burn up".... and that was completly my fault for programming it incorrectly.

I'd haven't read all of the posts here, but in most cases, the ESC failures I have heard of are from people who are pushing them to 5 and 6S.... There have been one or two that I've heard of that failed out of the box, but based on the number of boats sold, and the number of ESCs returned to PB, I have to say that if this IS a problem, people aren't returning them...

Interesting...

ron1950
01-08-2012, 09:57 PM
darin i never had a problem with my 60amper....sold it but never had a problem, but, ive heard alot of horror stories about horrizon saying tough luck...u put it in the water ...now its your problem type stories.....even the local hobby shop says customer service is sure not what it used to be over there at horizon,,,,

desmobob
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
At the local lake, three of us bought Mystics this summer and ran the heck out of them all season. On rougher days, we really punished the ESCs by running mostly at part throttle. No problems at all. I stopped checking the temperatures because they never got warm enough to worry about.

And I'll add that my experience with Horizon Hobby's customer service has been truly outstanding. Really.

I think you should cancel your MC order and re-order the Mystic!

Take it easy,
desmobob

Diegoboy
01-08-2012, 10:12 PM
My only dealings with Horizon was when my boat sank to the bottom. They promptly shipped me a replacement boat with only the radio to return to them. That was excellent service if you ask me. I agree with the Mystic re-order.

Rob DeAngelis
01-08-2012, 10:37 PM
well to top it off I just purchased the MC on Ebay for 300 and free shipping so I think im stuck like glue... to good of a deal... http://www.ebay.com/itm/280802016085?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Darin Jordan
01-08-2012, 11:08 PM
well to top it off I just purchased the MC on Ebay for 300 and free shipping so I think im stuck like glue... to good of a deal... http://www.ebay.com/itm/280802016085?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I guess an E-Bay purchase kind of negates all the fears of Horizon customer service... Did you get a free warrantee and return policy with that free shipping?? :blink:

Good Luck with your purchase. The MC is a pretty nice boat boat, from what I hear. Those that have them do seem to like them.

Diesel6401
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Not sure I have read about lots of problems with the PB esc's. The 60s or the 45s. That's a new one on me. I beat the living crap out of 45ampers before. 4s 5s, amp spikes in the high 70s and continuous amps of 55+ with 0 issues. Build solid IMHO. Think of it like this if they make 10,000 esc's and only 100 fail. That's still a 99% success rate! Are you going to read about the 9,900 happy customers or just from the 100 with issues. Bad news gets posted and talked about much more then good/positive news.

As far as HH customer service... OUTSTANDING!

siberianhusky
01-09-2012, 11:54 AM
LOL I use a Proboat motor and esc in my MC! I have a few of them like 'em more than the AQ esc.
Wish PB had a 2000KV motor, hint hint!

gonrcng
01-09-2012, 07:09 PM
I happen to be one of the few that had a stock 60amp esc burn up. I will say as I said in the thread on it that Horizon did end up replacing it. I bought two boats the same day. The Mystic 29 for myself and a Miss Geico for my son. There has not been one issue with the stock esc on the MG and its being run to death by a 12 year old. After all is said and done I don't regret going with the Proboats and wouldn't steer anyone away from them. :rockon2:

roadrashracing
01-10-2012, 01:33 AM
I personally like my 45 speed control, my 60 had blown up, put the 45 in never looked boad, pretty ugly esc but it works.

roadrashracing
01-10-2012, 01:36 AM
darin i never had a problem with my 60amper....sold it but never had a problem, but, ive heard alot of horror stories about horrizon saying tough luck...u put it in the water ...now its your problem type stories.....even the local hobby shop says customer service is sure not what it used to be over there at horizon,,,,

When I got my blackjack and shockwave 26 bl service was great. WHen I got my impulse I had a few problems, hull, esc, etc, pretty much told me basiclly it was covered till it hit the water, said by more then one person.

Steven Vaccaro
01-10-2012, 07:41 AM
If someone wants a RTR item(boat, car, truck or plane) that will not have a problem, they need to change hobbies. Every RTR has the possibility of having an issue. And if you are going to get frustrated or not going to have the funds to fix it when it does, maybe the hobby isnt for you. This may seem harsh but its the truth.

glck911
01-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Way to sum it up Steve- I totally Agree- My Mystic has been bullet proof, iif I could just get the bounce out!! Better than out the box but still needs some tweeking

BBQSteve
02-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Move the batteries forward.

silvermansteve
04-02-2012, 07:58 AM
with all due respect, i have found that an rtr boat is more likely to give trouble than, say, a revo or slash or hpi sprint or rs4 nitro, etc.... just something about boats. i know ymmv. but i have learned to accept this, and if someone does not, boats probably aren't for them. i do take into account my admittedly limited aptitude toward these machines, both mentally and through lack of life experience. i'm good at other stuff that doesn't involve tools, btw. but this is a challenge.

i see this is an old thread i apologize.

Awinship
07-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi Darin
I have a mystic and first esc packed it in,but dealer replaced it. The boat has weird noises when you run it. I went to lube propshaft and had a hard time removing it. Finally got it out and the flex shaft was unravelling,this also damaged the nylon? shaft inside.I now need new flex shaft and insert. The motor no longer runs as well. This is the boats 3rd run,needless to say I am not impressed.
Rgards
Adrian

CHIEFY_44
07-16-2012, 08:21 PM
I have ran both the 60 and 45 amp escs and never any problem, always fire up and go and I did push them hard as hell, I am waiting for the new blackjack to come in, then I'm going to try the new stuff out of that into my mg also the hardware looks better and I believe its a straight swop so that also will find its way onto my mg.