PDA

View Full Version : My first FE a JAE 21

Kenny77
01-06-2012, 09:50 PM
Hey guys, here's my first entry into FE. I've been a gasser for years but noise restrictions at my local pond have convinced me to try something new. It's a pretty straight forward JAE21 with a little narrowing of the nose and a custom cowl I made and vacuformed. Used a UL-1 powerplant and ESC. I maidened her today but was having problems with signal loss from my Spektrum setup. Not sure what the problem is the transmitter works fine and the receiver is brand new. She ran great when it was going and can't wait to get her out again. Thanks to everyone here for the wealth of info I picked up for this build.

carlcisneros
01-07-2012, 12:24 AM
super great looking Boat!!!!!!!!!!!!

get a couple extra pair of sponson booms as you will
eventually need them. (in case you happen to hit something un-planned.)

johnmaclean
01-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Wow!!! Beautifully finished. Great paint scheme and job on the custom cowl. I'm hoping to start building one in the next three weeks.

Doug Smock
01-07-2012, 07:35 AM
Very nice work sir!!
Welcome to Fast Electrics!
Doug

Old Vetter
01-07-2012, 08:05 AM
If you decide to make and sell that cowling, I sure would be interested in buying one. Nice looking boat. You will enjoy it.

martin
01-07-2012, 09:26 AM
What Spektrum transmiter & reciever is it you have. You have picked one of the best boats re riggers, their pretty much fool proof & run great & not silly money either.

Kenny77
01-07-2012, 11:50 AM
What Spektrum transmiter & reciever is it you have. You have picked one of the best boats re riggers, their pretty much fool proof & run great & not silly money either.

Thanks guys, couldn't have done it without all the info posted throughout here. I have the plug for the cowl and if I can I'll make a few up when time permits.

I'm using a MR200 receiver and my DX6i. Never had any issues with the 6i and a surface receiver before, It would intermittently just lose signal, no distance issues as it was random. It would start right back up after I did the throttle up and down reset, I could here it beeping from shore. I'm wondering if it's losing power and not the signal? Could also just pick up a DX3s, I just use the 6i because I have it and didn't want to use my old AM/FM stuff from the gassers.

martin
01-07-2012, 06:10 PM
You also use an external aerial as well so should be getting a better signal than the aerial just layed in the hull as some use. I was only talking to my local store today about getting a 6 DXi & mr3000 rx, i might hold back a bit on that for now & continue with my Futaba EX6. I prefer twin stick radios to trigger & wheel radios. Martin.

Kenny77
01-07-2012, 08:14 PM
You also use an external aerial as well so should be getting a better signal than the aerial just layed in the hull as some use. I was only talking to my local store today about getting a 6 DXi & mr3000 rx, i might hold back a bit on that for now & continue with my Futaba EX6. I prefer twin stick radios to trigger & wheel radios. Martin.

Yeah I'm not sure, I almost didn't use the vertical and was just going to keep them in the hull. I as well prefer sticks over the wheel.

Kenny77
01-14-2012, 07:24 PM
Fixed the radio issue! The bec in the esc is cutting out, I ran with an external pack and no problems. Just for sanity sake I put the bec back together and it cut out so at least I can save the esc. Here's her first run, kept off the throttle and just tried to get the feel.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgB1SKImTTE&feature=plcp&context=C3844edaUDOEgsToPDskLhnqXQ-aAK4SjwfVyMjlAo