PDA

View Full Version : iPad2 uploading difficulties

rcboatmanwithkids2880
01-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Hi Guy "s ,

Is it just me or is there incompatability between this site & the Ipad2 , created a new post today using my Ipad2 though I could not upload pictures & had to revert to my old notebook computer to complete upload. .....

I am no great Tech. Head , just a user. ...".

Advise on rectifying this concern would be appreciated. ......

Brad
Oz

6BOOST
01-03-2012, 06:21 AM
I havent tried to upload pics, but everything else works fine on mine, 90% of my posts I make are on the iPad.

6BOOST

nobbiworld
01-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Mine won't let me upload pics. Can do everything else. It isn't only with this site, it's most of the model forums.

Steven Vaccaro
01-03-2012, 07:00 AM
I havent had a problem with my ipad and the site, but I've given up on using my ipad at this point for everything but media. there are far to many little things that I find on the net that I cant do correctly. For example, I tried to order airline tickets this past weekend and couldn't click one of the buttons. I've grown tired of running into something that needs me to get up and get a laptop. So now I just use the laptop.

rcboatmanwithkids2880
01-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Hi Guy"s ,

Yeah i'm using it now , just getting use to it , as Nobbiworld & i are in Australia , maybe it's a fault with our ISP . Mine being Bigpong . Maybe it's something you should look into Steve , as inverably these devices are going to become more common .....

Brad
Oz

Steven Vaccaro
01-03-2012, 11:35 AM
My kids bought me one for fathers dad. It was the cool thing to get. The problem is that I haven't run into one thing on the net that I can NOT do with a normal PC. But almost every-time I use the IPAD an issue stops me from doing something on the net. I bought a used Motorola Zoom with Honeycomb, its much better than the IPAD, but still has limitations. Asus is coming out with a windows 8 tablet this year. its going to rock the tablet world.

Thos
01-03-2012, 12:17 PM
You could also try downloading a different browser if you have not tried this already. Don't know if Dolphin HD is available for Apple products, but at least Opera is as far as i know.

Boaterguy
01-03-2012, 12:18 PM
steve, wasn't there a mobile app for browsing forums?
I can upload here on my playbook (blackberry tablet) but I can't upload on fightercat.

Thos
01-03-2012, 12:18 PM
steve, wasn't there a mobile app for browsing forums?
I can upload here on my playbook (blackberry tablet) but I can't upload on fightercat.

Tapatalk works great on the forum :)

Boaterguy
01-03-2012, 01:21 PM
thaaaatss what it's called, been searching for a while now.

Steven Vaccaro
01-03-2012, 02:41 PM
You could also try downloading a different browser if you have not tried this already. Don't know if Dolphin HD is available for Apple products, but at least Opera is as far as i know.

I've tried with several different browsers. I gave up and went to android on the tablet. I like the Android platform much, MUCH better. Its open, so I'm not locked into itunes. Which I've grown to hate at this point. The cloud thing has driven me nuts. But it was helpful in finding out something my son downloaded,(but should not have), because the movie he downloaded ended up downloading on my iphone this past weekend. LOL

Thos
01-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Yes I'm a Android man myself :) Just waiting for the new Asus Transformer Prime to hit the market now!

Steven Vaccaro
01-03-2012, 05:15 PM
Yes I'm a Android man myself :) Just waiting for the new Asus Transformer Prime to hit the market now!. I'm right there with you. It's as smooth as silk!!

rcboatmanwithkids2880
01-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Hi Guy's ,

It seems there wil be a whole lot of peripherals that are to superseded ( such is computers ) , with wireless technology . There is no where on the IPad device to plug in my digital camera & I guess on most other Tablets in existence or about to hit the market. .......

Brad
Oz

Thos
01-03-2012, 05:22 PM
The Asus will have some more ports due to the docking, the new Lenovo also has a full size USB port. As for camera, you can always get a memorycard with built in wireless, then you don't need a cable to transfer at all :)

skellyo
01-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Hi Guy's ,

It seems there wil be a whole lot of peripherals that are to superseded ( such is computers ) , with wireless technology . There is no where on the IPad device to plug in my digital camera & I guess on most other Tablets in existence or about to hit the market. .......

Brad
Oz

I use an iPad SD card adapter with my iPad and upload my pics to my site for hosting with FTPonthego. That's how I post pics to forums. However, I believe there is a flickr app you could use to upload pics to for hosting as well.

Thos
01-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Tapatalk supports uploads to, if it is available for iPad.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

pescador
01-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Hi Guy's ,

Brad
Oz

Apple has an adapter to connect a camera to the IPad, I got one for Christmas but I haven't tried it yet.
My awesome wife gave me a 64g IPad to go with it.

pescador
01-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Just opened the camera adapter and it comes with a card reader adapter as well, it should for the price Apple charges for accessories.

Steven Vaccaro
01-05-2012, 07:09 AM
Just opened the camera adapter and it comes with a card reader adapter as well, it should for the price Apple charges for accessories.

there are some good aftermarket ones that have multiple functions.

drwayne
01-07-2012, 04:51 PM
iPads unable to support JRE6+ certificates used for uploads.
Post an [img] link to external online storage.
W

Steven Vaccaro
01-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I know I'm going to take some hits for this, so the flame suit is on :tongue_smilie:
But an Ipad is about the worse devise I have ever spent that much money on.
Its basically a media center with gaming.