PDA

View Full Version : Throttle cuts off.

Clintb
01-02-2012, 01:09 PM
I am a newbie.. Just got the stiletto as a Christmas gift but I can't get it to work at full speed.

Out of the box. I have installed two 3000 mah 7.2v batteries and seem to have successfully bound the dx3e controller.

I've fully charged the batteries and put the boat in the water.
The boat does go but as soon as I get the throttle about a third of the way pressed it cuts off.

What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestions?

sleep4now
01-02-2012, 06:31 PM
inless your batteries are lipo, the LVC seems to be working. the ESC is set-up for lipos out of the factory. if you have the program card from pro-boat go check the settings to make sure everything is correct.

I am a newbie.. Just got the stiletto as a Christmas gift but I can't get it to work at full speed.

Out of the box. I have installed two 3000 mah 7.2v batteries and seem to have successfully bound the dx3e controller.

I've fully charged the batteries and put the boat in the water.
The boat does go but as soon as I get the throttle about a third of the way pressed it cuts off.

What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestions?

proboatbill
02-12-2012, 04:22 PM
I've had this problem before also. I don't remember what fixed it though.... sorry

SkipJack
02-16-2012, 04:00 PM
From my experience with LiPo batteries and product manuals you always want to do better than recommended; especially if you live somewhere that is Cold outside or very Hot. In our case they recommend at least a 3200 mah Amp rating with a minimum discharge rate of 25C. The first thing I noticed in the forums everyone is running a 5000 mah rating at 35C or higher. If the C rating is too low the unit will cut off and puff the batteries, If you run the batteries down too low the unit will cut off and the batteries will puff, if you don't have enough Amp rating it may not puff the batteries but it will hit Low Voltage Cut-off voltage much earlier and will have low performance throughout the run. If the batteries puff they are done for and you will have to buy new ones. If the batteries are torn open they will explode, they are very high performance compared to other batteries and it is very important to pick the proper battery for a boat or a helicopter. I would also suggest replacing the connectors with the 5.5 mm or 6 mm bullet connectors everyone has suggested. This was the most important consideration for me when I bought this boat because the batteries are so expensive. I fly EP helicopters too and I have spent more money on batteries for them than parts from crashing.
Hope this Helps,
Harry

Darin Jordan
02-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Sounds like the LVC doing it's job. You'll want to program the ESC for NiMH cells, or get some Lipos.