PDA

View Full Version : Trim tab location for 19'' Mini Wildthing ?

Andris Golts
01-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Happy new year to all putting together 19'' wildthing mono researching trim tab locations on mono hulls from other sources say not to mount tabs closer than 1'' to the keel on the 32''version looking at the reduced plan and measuring of the plans the tabs are only 9/16'' away from the keel .Would having tabs so close to the keel on a mini mono possibly cause tracking problems.? Any feed back would be great. Regards Andris Golts.

martin
01-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Hi Andris i have a 15" deep v that runs around 50mph & i use tabs 1/2" up from the keel either side. My hull is only 4.5" wide to the chines, on a 19" you would prob need to go wider than i use as its a larger hull that you have. Also remember to fit the tabs around 1.5-2mm higher than the hull bottom & not level. Regards Martin.

Andris Golts
01-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi Martin thanks for your reply.Regards Andris.

siberianhusky
02-17-2012, 01:54 PM
I run my 24" one without trim tabs, runs great, kept adjusting them higher to find where was too much, finally just took them off for a test, never put them back on. Also cutting the stinger to the proper length for the hull helped a lot before I took the tabs off. Did not like a full length SV stinger at all!