PDA

View Full Version : Saltwater maintenance and advice?

oct6454
04-06-2008, 11:11 PM
:help: i a have a super vee 27 brushless and am looking forward to running it. I plan to use it on the saltwater. I have heard it is a bad idea but i live on the water so it is very convinient. I need to know what you guys would do to take care of the boat???????:confused2:

andym
04-07-2008, 04:16 AM
Mate I do not think it is a bad idea, quite fun actualy. Maintanance is the same no matter where you run. Clean in fresh water, lube everything well and make sure you run some fresh through the cooling lines. Some protective spray like corrosion x on anything that can oxidise in the salt is also warranted. Have fun and look after your boat and it will last for years.

DISAR
04-07-2008, 08:55 AM
I run my SV27 and other boats in sea water without any problems (Only problem is that the SV27 does not handle very well even in slight waves). What I do is:

a) Run fresh water in cooling lines as soon as you finished
b) Wash with fresh water the hull outside
c) Remove flex shaft clean with corrosion protection spray and grease
d) I also put some grease on the bolts

Ocean Racer
04-07-2008, 11:36 PM
The main thing you have to do is clean it and dont flip it and you will have a blast. If i can find the thread ill put a link in here its all about what you are going to do.

Ocean Racer
04-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Ok i just found it took me a while but i got it (forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=2720)