PDA

View Full Version : 4082 Leopard Seaking 180a. ESC won't program

worriedsick4u
01-01-2012, 12:26 AM
Just got everything in my boat. Running 2-4s 5000mAh in series. ESC won't program with both batteries hooked up. Steering works but no throttle. If I pull 1 battery and run 1-4s the throttle works.
Am new to this. Am I missing something. With both batteries hooked up the led on the seaking flashes continuosly. Any help is appreciated. Used program card to set up. Running mode-value 1. Lipo cells- value 4. low voltage cutoff-value 4. Timing-value 5.

properchopper
01-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Just got everything in my boat. Running 2-4s 5000mAh in series. ESC won't program with both batteries hooked up. Steering works but no throttle. If I pull 1 battery and run 1-4s the throttle works.
Am new to this. Am I missing something. With both batteries hooked up the led on the seaking flashes continuosly. Any help is appreciated. Used program card to set up. Running mode-value 1. Lipo cells- value 4. low voltage cutoff-value 4. Timing-value 5.

Try this : (don't ask why, just try it ) set values to : 1 , 1, 1, 5

LMK what happens, and Welcome :tiphat: & Happy New Year. I like that you're hard core enough to do this on New Year's Eve (mine won't arrive for another 2 1/2 hours here in Cali)

Tony

worriedsick4u
01-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Gave it a shot and it worked. Thanks alot. Do you think this Octura 642 is too much prop? Happy New Year to you too. I'm originally from Huntington Beach (So Cal). I miss it out there.
Steve

properchopper
01-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Gave it a shot and it worked. Thanks alot. Do you think this Octura 642 is too much prop? Happy New Year to you too. I'm originally from Huntington Beach (So Cal). I miss it out there.
Steve

What KV 4082 ? If between 1800 - 2200 on 4S you can pull bigger props but start small - the 642 should be fine but tame for that motor, ( one minute runs & check temps).

I run a 1900 KV Neu (similiar to the 4082 but more efficient) in a 9.5lb. 34" mono on 4S2P with a whopping X450/3 for heat racing with no prob !

I'm in South Bay, home of Social D. - Rock & Roll, baby :rockon2:

Oh BTW with no LVC, watch run times !!

worriedsick4u
01-01-2012, 01:18 AM
2000kv. Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Steve

worriedsick4u
01-01-2012, 01:28 PM
Put it in the water today. It sits a little lopsided in the water. Gotta figure a way to get it to sit level. But man does it move. GPS'd at 58.2 and that was a little shy of full throttle. All temps under 103 after 3 minute drive. What a blast!

properchopper
01-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Steve, good job ! Don't worry too much if the boat sits lopsided when still; it'll straighten out underway. Most Euro flood-chamber monos do the same thing with no ill effects.

Now how about a vid ?

Tony

BTW speed controls run hotter at partial throttle ; pin that sucker :buttrock:

pyroM!KE
01-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Put it in the water today. It sits a little lopsided in the water. Gotta figure a way to get it to sit level. But man does it move. GPS'd at 58.2 and that was a little shy of full throttle. All temps under 103 after 3 minute drive. What a blast!

As long as when your running and it goes straight with Hands Off, your good..

worriedsick4u
01-01-2012, 02:42 PM
I have a 500ft lake in my back yard. usually glassy. I will record a run tomorrow. Got scared today when it lifted about a 6" off the water. Relocating the water exit valve. It's in the way of the 4s batteries. It also looked like the offset rudder was having it favor one side. Not sure. Friggin thing was fast. Thanks again Tony for your help last night.

properchopper
01-01-2012, 03:09 PM
I have a 500ft lake in my back yard. usually glassy. I will record a run tomorrow. Got scared today when it lifted about a 6" off the water. Relocating the water exit valve. It's in the way of the 4s batteries. It also looked like the offset rudder was having it favor one side. Not sure. Friggin thing was fast. Thanks again Tony for your help last night.

Offset rudders do, by design, create a small pull to one side-not to worry. A small steering correction will neutralize this. Even though this creates a small amount of drag, your setup has so much power that this shouldn't be a big deal. FWIW I have a club member with close to your setup and the offset rudder allows way better turning than the in-line setup. Enjoy !

pyroM!KE
01-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Heck yes it does proper..Offset rudder does create some right turn..But I have found shimming the strut or stinger to the left corrects this pretty easy without using rudder trim..Also there wont be any extra drag associated with shimming, unlike using the rudder to trim..I'm running a Cyber storm on 6s leopard 4082 octura 447/3 and Im trying to get the most MPH I can and I found shimming to compensate gave me 1-2 more mph without using the rudder to trim..

worriedsick4u
01-08-2012, 01:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U56xSJFolWw&feature=plcp&context=C3d03f05UDOEgsToPDskKXmuNtdKaPzPGXacHdffD1

Hard to record and drive. 6 passes and esc read a 101 temp. Whats the temp cut off for the seaking 180? Doesn't look fast on tape but it moves.

properchopper
01-08-2012, 01:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U56xSJFolWw&feature=plcp&context=C3d03f05UDOEgsToPDskKXmuNtdKaPzPGXacHdffD1

Hard to record and drive. 6 passes and esc read a 101 temp. Whats the temp cut off for the seaking 180? Doesn't look fast on tape but it moves.

Steve, looks good. 101 degrees on the SC isn't anything to worry about. Temps over 135 degrees are. Not sure about the thermal protection on the SC. When all else fails, hold your finger on the SC. If you say Holy S**T before five seconds elapses, prop down . :biggrin:

BTW a buddy has just got ahold of some amazing sunglasses with a built-in HD camera - great for recording while running solo. $150 for the whole setup- I just might get a pair !

Rumdog
01-08-2012, 01:38 PM
get a gopro. wear it on your head with the supplied head strap. boom. excellent HD vid.

properchopper
01-08-2012, 01:46 PM
get a gopro. wear it on your head with the supplied head strap. boom. excellent HD vid.

Now you got me thinking.... My Kodak Zi6 is fading fast & I need to get a new camera. Is the GoPro easy to load to youtube? (the Kodak software got real clumsy)

Rumdog
01-08-2012, 01:55 PM
Yup. I got the new hd hero 2. It is very easy to use with no additional software needed. Plus it comes with a bunch of different mounts. Wear it on your head, or throw it on the boat for some POV vid. I'll be posting tons of vids come spring.

properchopper
01-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Yup. I got the new hd hero 2. It is very easy to use with no additional software needed. Plus it comes with a bunch of different mounts. Wear it on your head, or throw it on the boat for some POV vid. I'll be posting tons of vids come spring.

Does it come with an adaptor for the required Winter Warmups Race head-mounted rainwear ?

Rumdog
01-08-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm sure you could Mod that umbrella to fit