PDA

View Full Version : Balancing plug

chris reed
12-29-2011, 06:57 PM
I have a pair of Hyperion g3 5000 ma lipo batterys the balancing plugs dont fit any of the adaptures i have. Do they take a special? Chris

Bullwink
12-29-2011, 07:13 PM
I have the same issue. I recently bought some G3 2S 5000mah. The balancing plugs look like they are for a 4S battery. I too, would like to know if Hyperion batteries require q special charger or if the plugs are wrong.

VTOL
12-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Hyperion has there own (propitiatory) balance board connector.
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=emp-lba10-hp
You will always have "one" more wire than the cell count on the balance lead.
2S 3 Wire
3S 4 Wire
4S 5 Wire
and so on.
Hope this helps you.

BHChieftain
12-29-2011, 09:49 PM
Hyperion and polyquest use the same pinout/balance board. Here is a useful site:

http://sites.google.com/site/tjinguytech/charging-how-tos/balance-connectors/

Chief

chris reed
12-30-2011, 11:47 AM
the balance board that is shown said it is for hyperion charger only.

sailr
12-30-2011, 11:48 AM
I wish the battery folks would standardize! But, hyperion and polyquest are different from what most use and then there is the rediculous 'little' plugs on the thunderpower and flightpower packs. The only answer is to buy extra boards that will plug into your charger.

What brand of charger do you have?

siberianhusky
12-30-2011, 02:06 PM
With my enerlands I move the wire locations in the balancing plug so it matches my Gens Ace 2s packs, then just plug them into the 4s port on the board, the charger sees it as a normal 2s pack.
Just takes a couple of seconds with a pin to push in the tabs and slide out the wire and connector from the body of the balancing plug.
On my enerlands it goes black, black, red starting from the right side of the plug with the tabs on the plug on top, wire exit pointing at you. There are 2 "spots" left unused on the left side of the plug.
Works fine, no soldering and you can change them back at any time no problems. Just do one wire at a time so you don't short anything out if the bare connectors touch before you put them back in the plug.

Bullwink
12-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Thanks siberianhusky, that sounds great. I will try it.