PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question. New to RC boating and looking for information

Back-lash
12-27-2011, 05:26 PM
First of all, Happy Holidays to everyone. I was lucky enough to receive a Impulse 31 for Christmas, and I'm trying to learn as much as possible. I've been reading thread after thread on this forum and have already learned a few things. Does anyone have a link or area where I can read up on this exciting new world I'm getting into. I'm looking to learn proper boat setup, battery information, etc.

Thanks, Ernie.

ejimbo4
12-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Right here on this forum is the best place to start! I am pretty new to boats too but a few simple things I have learned from guys on here would be. Temps,Temps,Temps(all ways check your temps!),only change one thing at a time on your set-up so you can understand what that change is doing to your craft,patience is a must(even when asking questions on the forum)so many things but so much fun so........ WELCOME!!! The Impulse31 is a awesome first boat!

This link here is a good read and really helped me out in understanding a few things.

http://www.modelpowerboat.com/content.php?118-rc-boat-hull-attitude