PDA

View Full Version : New Impulse 31 owner

SFC K
12-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Hello all! New here and have been into Ground RC’s for a long while so no rookie. I believe I have read every thread on here for the Impulse 31 and some of them twice. I did order the Impulse and from what I have read seems to be the right one for me. Unfortunately I am deployed until spring of next year and had the box shipped home. My wife is going to open the box and make sure all is well so when I get home I can take it out. I plan on using it for sport running and maybe dive into some racing action too later on.

I know I want to upgrade from the 3.5mm bullet connectors to the 5.5mm ones. I also want to get a couple of spare props and it seems that the X645 and 45X55 are the best fit for this boat. I have no experience balancing or sharpening props but have read the how to here by Andy Kunz. I’m just not sure if the environment that I am in will be advantageous for this task as I have no tools here.

I do have a couple questions that I did not see here and was wondering do I need anything else special to hook up 2- 2s 25-30C 5000mah lipos or does it come with the connectors? From the pictures I have seen it does not say and even the manual does not specify exactly what is required to hook up 2 2s batteries. All my batteries have Deans connectors installed and i know the ESC has deans connectors as well.

I know I will need to pull the flex shaft and lubricate it with marine grease. Is it a good idea to replace the stock flex shaft right away with the OSE upgrade or can I get by with the stock one for a bit?

Any way I think I have said enough for now. I am looking forward to experiencing the boating world of RC. Now if I can fast forward time. :wink:

Jeff

G-UNIT
12-24-2011, 11:45 AM
the boat is wired for lipos and the esc is set for lipos, the wires are set up to run the batterys in series.
the stock shaft will do for awhile but I would upgrade it when you can, I use octura shafts and make my own using green loctite,(stud locker or bearing retainer) never had one come loose yet.
Good luck and stay safe, hurry home.and merry christmas.

SFC K
12-24-2011, 01:37 PM
the boat is wired for lipos and the esc is set for lipos, the wires are set up to run the batterys in series.
the stock shaft will do for awhile but I would upgrade it when you can, I use octura shafts and make my own using green loctite,(stud locker or bearing retainer) never had one come loose yet.
Good luck and stay safe, hurry home.and merry christmas.

Thanks G-Unit for the info! You have a Merry Christmas too!