PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish 200A error when programming

galant2door
12-24-2011, 03:44 AM
Hi all, I have just brought a racing boat and swordfish LV 200A ESC but cannot set the parameters via the USB. The green light is on on both the USB and ESC when connected. I open the software and select COMM 3 and the green light appears in the software. I select connect and both icons appear suggesting that the ESC is connected. This is as far as i can get though. The model field remains blank, the fields for the " Firmware ID of Swordfish ESC" just show a Y and the parameters sections remain empty. If I click the default button the parameter fields have data but when I try to change the details and update I get a "Time out" error. I have searched the web and am unable to solve this issue so I am hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

Gus

drwayne
12-24-2011, 05:26 AM
All hifei programmers identify all hifei esc... locate a newer version that has the 200A setups included

regs
DocW

siberianhusky
12-24-2011, 06:31 AM
I think I had something similar happen, had to change permissions, I could see and read the data but couldn't write or change anything, logged in as admin to change the settings and the thing worked with no changes! Was a long while ago but I seem to remember the same problem.
I had to give full rights to the user, for some reason it seemed to default to read only on install for users.
The pond PC is an older laptop running Vista.

galant2door
12-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Thanks for your help guy's, just tried both idea's thrown at me and no luck. When I try to connect with the new software, it just says "can't hardware yyyy parameter setting's". I will keep persevering as i am real keen to get out for a crack. Cheers

siberianhusky
12-24-2011, 07:50 PM
There is a thread farther down where somebody is having the same problem you are having, might want to give it a read, the original problem isn't the same but another poster on that thread is having the same issue as you are.

galant2door
12-26-2011, 06:05 AM
I see mate, looks like i got a dud. It came with a 33" cat with a 10xl(i think that's right) i just purchased, unopened in the package so I guess I was just unlucky. I think i'll buy another one next year and try again. I was hoping to find someone with a programming card and try it that way Thanks guy's, when i finally get it on the water, i'll post some pic's and get a little more involved as the more you know, the faster you go. Cheers Gus

Boaterguy
12-26-2011, 12:00 PM
it should be under warranty if you got it here

galant2door
12-26-2011, 07:14 PM
I wish mate, it came with the boat. And I thought i was getting a bargain paying the extra 50 bucks for it. Guess not lol. Now im a little unsure if i'll go with swordfish again. Might see what else is around and do some research.

galant2door
12-27-2011, 02:30 AM
I see in one of your old threads you had the same problem, what was the outcome,? was the speedy cactus or was it a software issue?

Boaterguy
12-27-2011, 02:16 PM
sent it back, I have to bug him about it today to get one back, he said he would if i payed the shipping.