PDA

View Full Version : Prop Angle

ETOWNE
04-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey, what angle are you supposed to run the prop at ? I know to move the bottom in when on rougher water. I'm like 6 to 7 clicks out from all the way in. Maybe about 10 degrees up from being in line w/ the bottom of the hull. The boat is all stock w/ ORION 4800's . Choppy water I think it is too much . This boat is fun though, it's my first watercraft.:help:

PropNutt43
04-05-2008, 06:49 PM
There is no real set angle you are suppose to run the prop at. It all depends on what prop you run and the water conditions. 0 degrees or (neutral angle) with the center line of the prop shaft level with the bottom ride surface of the boat is always a good place to start. Then depending on how the boat runs adjust the center line up or down a 1/16 " to 1/8" at a time till you get the result you want. If the boat is plowing to much raise the CL if it's porpusing lower the CL. I like to keep the prop as close to neutral angle as possible to give the boat the most forward trust available. Higher lift props like X642 will need to be angled up a few degrees at the back (positive angle) to get the same results. I have never used the Prop angled down on this boat.

ETOWNE
04-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks Prop, that backed my thought up. The boat is pretty sketchy. I'll pry move back down alittle tomorrow. The whole boat is out of the water on 1-2 inch chop......lol...

obrien
04-06-2008, 11:44 PM
When I was running the stock drive system, I trimmed the drive as high as it would go, but it would allow water into the boat through the shaft. The boat ran faster for sure, but probably wasn't the best handling setup.

ETOWNE
04-07-2008, 09:32 PM
When I was running the stock drive system, I trimmed the drive as high as it would go, but it would allow water into the boat through the shaft. The boat ran faster for sure, but probably wasn't the best handling setup.
Ya, I had to drop it back down a little yesterday. I made about 15 runs this weekend,playing w/ the trim. Learned alot.