PDA

View Full Version : Replacing resistors on Seaking Esc.HOW?

Drax21
12-19-2011, 06:40 PM
I have an esc that I have been told needs the resistors replacing. I need to know the parts I need and step by step directions would be good. Help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Boaterguy
12-19-2011, 08:38 PM
the resistors or the capacitors?
you will not be able to replace the resistors on the ESC safely (even if you knew which resistor specifically)
the capacitors (the things sticking out the side) are likely what CAN be UPGRADED, unless there is goo coming out of them or they look puffed they don't need replacing, who told you to replace them?

Drax21
12-20-2011, 06:42 AM
The esc has a problem where it doesn't power the receiver. He called it a signal fault. The capacitors look fine although there are only 3 and it has been used for 2 years. The person who gave it to me said he has been told it had to be the resistors. I thought it may be a simple wire come loose but they are fine. Capacitors are very easy to replace but the small resistors inside the unit look a lot more difficult. Hope this sheds some light.

Boaterguy
12-20-2011, 06:59 AM
if that is the issue, it's the BEC (battery eliminator circuit) that is defective/ broken.
I don't know about warranty after two years but that's likely your only choice, you will not find the specific resistor you need and you will not be able to see which one is broken (unless it's blown).

LarrysDrifter
12-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Pull the red wire from the bec harness and try an external bec. If that doesnt work, try a rx pack. One of my 180's wont work without a rx pack. It wont wont work with an external bec.

Drax21
12-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Didn't work with external BEC. No resistors are blown. Thanks for your help anyway guys. Warranty is Finished so I'm just gonna pass it onto a friend for parts.