PDA

View Full Version : twin prop direction

video200
12-18-2011, 04:28 PM
what is the prefeared way to run the props on a twin cat ?
i se that some drive with the props turning outwards and some run with the props turning inwards what is the difference between the 1 ways?

carlcisneros
12-18-2011, 06:27 PM
on any of my twins I have ever run, I run them turing at each other (inwards).

That is just me.

Am sure others will chime in.

jj2003
12-18-2011, 07:23 PM
what is the prefeared way to run the props on a twin cat ?
i se that some drive with the props turning outwards and some run with the props turning inwards what is the difference between the 1 ways?

In my test runs I have found that turning inwards gives you better top end speed and turning outwards gives you better turning ability. The long slender cats have a tendency to catch the outer sponse on a turn and flip if going to fast. If you flip the props outward and change the rotation of the motors outward, it will handle better on turns although you still have to let up on the throttle a little, just not as much.

video200
12-19-2011, 02:17 AM
thank you JJ :)
guess i wil be running outwards :) got a hold of a agiator S ( http://www.hydromarine.de/hm_22281.htm ) so it wil be fun to se how it behaves :)

TINY
12-19-2011, 07:25 AM
In my test runs I have found that turning inwards gives you better top end speed and turning outwards gives you better turning ability. The long slender cats have a tendency to catch the outer sponse on a turn and flip if going to fast. If you flip the props outward and change the rotation of the motors outward, it will handle better on turns although you still have to let up on the throttle a little, just not as much.

I've found the opposite, running a 37 cat inwards is much better in corning and outwards gives better topend.. my2cents

Love to know the real truth.... Chime in now guru's... cheers