PDA

View Full Version : Leopard boat specific motors marked B in code

martin
12-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Anyone know if their all the same motors as some Leopard motors are marked with a B in between the motor number & kv number ie 3674 - B - 3400kv & other motors their is no B at all. Also on the box some are marked for boat as well.

megalops
12-09-2011, 07:22 AM
I believe that the B is the boat designation. All the Leos I own have the B in the code.

martin
12-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Ive got some of the 28 series Leopards that dont have the B & some that do, Ive also got a 4074 Leopard that dosnt have the B. I spoke to Leopard themselves in China about this & they said the 40 series of motors are the only ones in their range that their are Boat specific motors & car specific / aero motor that are both different motors. The boat ones have more or different magnets & the wires are different. All the other series of motors 28,36,& 56 series are all the same motors theirs no boat specific motors even if the have a B or not in the code.

martin
12-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Just had further clarification from Leopard about the B for Boat motors, Apart from the 40 series motors which has a deffinate difference as i explained. All the other motors used a B for boat just so boat suppliers of motors had a so called boat motor, in reality these were & are still the same motors as the ones that didnt have B on. The ones that still have B on apart from 40 series are older motors, all the relavent motors in future wont have B at all in the code. Martin.