PDA

View Full Version : Sale on Leopard Brushless Motor LB-4074 2T 2000kv - $51.48

midnightsabotage
12-06-2011, 04:15 AM
NitroRCX.com has this motor priced VERY low. I'm not sure if it's comparable to the red ones I usually see around here or what the difference might be. Anything that would make it less desirable for boat use?
Seems to me that this 4074 2000kv Leopard motor should work pretty well.

Well anyhow, here's the link:

http://www.nitrorcx.com/77p-lp4074-2000kv.html

Their sister sites have it back to full price, but it's still on sale there.

Model: LBP4074/2.5Y
Max Amps:120A
Lipo: 3-6s
2600W
2000kv

Can anyone with more knowledge of the different Leopard motors please chime in as to whether FE boat users want this motor or not? If so, these should get gobbled up QUICK.
-Jeff

siberianhusky
12-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Same motor but wires exit the side of the can instead of the end, have to use the right mount and water jacket thats all as far as I know. The rear ring of some mounts sit where the wires exit, if you use a mount with the rear ring in in front of the wires you have to use a shorter cooler.
I used to own one like that. Traded it for a Motley Crew before I used it.

keithbradley
12-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I would buy one from the site you're on, or at the very least refrain from posting links to competition.

midnightsabotage
12-11-2011, 09:35 PM
are you serious???? why in the world is there even a sale coupon thread on this site then?

if you'd rather tell all your fellow hobbiests to spend $50 more for a motor, thats your choice. personally, i can rarely afford to pay full price for any of my hobby stuff... im going to share the wealth if theres a great deal somewhere else. which is why this tsection exists if I'm not mistaken?

keithbradley
12-12-2011, 11:33 PM
are you serious???? why in the world is there even a sale coupon thread on this site then?

if you'd rather tell all your fellow hobbiests to spend $50 more for a motor, thats your choice. personally, i can rarely afford to pay full price for any of my hobby stuff... im going to share the wealth if theres a great deal somewhere else. which is why this tsection exists if I'm not mistaken?

Don't take it personal. I would just try to support the board that supports you. A lot of people have benifited from OSE, and their store has alway been fair. I would rather give my money to them than a place like the one you linked. Don't get me wrong, I've purchased from there, but not items I could buy from OSE. Steve is always good to work with if you have an issue, and his prices have always been fair and hard to beat. The place you linked consistantly messes up listing information and even pictures on there site. The last time there was a Leopard motor at a crazy price on their site, everyone who ordered one recieved a Tacon instead.

Some of the Leopards were 2 pole. That listing says its a 4 pole, but in my experience it's tough to go by their listings.

As far as this section goes, I would use it to link items that can't be purchased at OSE for a reasonable price. Just my opinion. You don't have to agree, nor does anyone else. I didn't mean my post to be abrasive, just giving my opinion.