PDA

View Full Version : Hooking 4s together with 2s for 6s plus the soldering male and female connectors

barryaclarke
12-04-2011, 02:02 AM
I am increasing my 5400 mAh 4s battery packs to 6s by using a second set of identical 2s packs. I was thinking about having the 4s and 2s packs face one another but after looking at this arrangement, it looks like an accident waiting to happen when hooking the wiring up like zzzzzzZAP. Using the OSE 5.5 male and female connectors and soldering them into a three way connector is a great and easy idea, but I need some practical ideas on how one might position the four battery packs for ease and safty. Also suggestions regarding the soldering of male and female connectors would be helpful too such as the black lead from the battery. Do you start with a female connector or a male connector and use the opposite on the red lead? I am not really sure if there is a proper sequence or not or does everyone do it differently is why I am asking.

lectriglide
12-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Just remember "Red Hot Female." Female connector on the red lead, male on the black. Word of caution, like you mentioned, you MUST PAY ATTENTION when connecting the leads together with bullets so you avoid direct shorting a battery.