PDA

View Full Version : Miss Geico vs. King of shaves

Dziachan
11-30-2011, 11:14 PM
So, which boat is better? I am planning on getting the miss geico, but have always like the look of the king of shaves cat. Which boat is better overall?

Diesel6401
12-01-2011, 04:35 PM
MISS Geico by a LONG shot!

Dziachan
12-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Why is the miss geico so much better Diesel?

Diesel6401
12-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Why is the miss geico so much better Diesel?

Hull quality, design, quality control. Proboat designs themselves, venom just rebrands most things. Proboar is Less headache, hull handles a lot better, less work to do out of the box, parts stay in stock more often.

The venom hull is a dragon hobbies hull you can find at hobbyking and other places. The hull runs better as a single drive. You would be better buying a hotr or a FC hull and making it a single drive. The venom hull is not 34" its 32" they just add the hardware into the measurements to make it seem larger.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Dziachan
12-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the info diesel! I will be getting the Miss Geico. I already have Supervee 27R and I want to have a cat for when the water is choppy. How do you feel the Miss Geico will compare to the Supervee performance wise? Drew

Doby
12-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Choppy water and lightweight cats are not always a good mix.....define "choppy".

Dziachan
12-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Not super choppy. Just want something a little more stable. I have viewed videos of both Miss Geico and Supervee on YouTube, the Miss Geico is way more stable. Like if it's windy and the water has like three or four inches of roughness.

Diesel6401
12-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Not super choppy. Just want something a little more stable. I have viewed videos of both Miss Geico and Supervee on YouTube, the Miss Geico is way more stable. Like if it's windy and the water has like three or four inches of roughness.

Mono's are better for rough water, the SV's are just known to flip if not fully setup properly. If you need something that can handle rough water, the Impulse 31 and Pursuit 32 will be better rtr/artr options. Check out the Modded Pursuit 32's OSE is selling swap shop. You can check my youtube page for a stable SV27, Miss Geico and pursuit running.

Doby
12-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Nothing in that size range is very stable in 3 to 4 inches of chop.

Dziachan
12-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Diesel, I just ordered Miss Geico and can't wait to get her. Hope I get her before the ice freezes on the ponds. If so, I may have to run her in the high school pool where I work. Until then I can work on the water issues I am having with my 27r.

Skullcracken
01-15-2012, 11:59 PM
???? V-hulls are better in chop than cats. You need a bigger v maybe. The miss Geico handles better than the King of Shaves. I personally love the King of Shaves though. I'd buy a fightercat hull, or find a hull/hardware or RTR fightercat 32 or 37 inch. OR get the new 41" fantasm at fightercat. I can stand the look of the pro boat Miss Geico. It is not at all to scale to the real boat. Far too wide for the length.

Darin Jordan
01-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Double Post...

Darin Jordan
01-16-2012, 09:40 AM
It is not at all to scale to the real boat. Far too wide for the length.

If you are interested in a shelf-queen, we could have made it "scale"... If you want it to actually WORK on the water... it's just where it needs to be...

Water, just like air, doesn't scale... What works at 30-40', does NOT work at all at 30"... Especially at the much faster than scale speeds we achieve. That's why everyone comments on how well the Miss Geico, the Mystic, and also the AQ Motley Crew, handle so well... The designers kept this truth in mind.

OH, and, by the way... V-hulls DO handle rough water better than Cats... That's why the majority of P-Ltd Offshore wins out there are had by Monos.... :wink:

petej
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
I have both an EKOS and a Miss Geico (MG). Venom component quality was not very good and I have replaced EVERYTHING in the EKOS with third party components, motors, ESC, servo, receiver.
The MG batteries velcro into the sponsons. The EKOS batteries velcro in the center of the hull. I found the MG more prone to capsizing than the EKOS in breeze or chope as the EKOS seemed plow through rough water, better.

Norman2
01-30-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi, Guys just remember that some folks like blondes and some like brunettes.
Norman2

jamespl
02-25-2012, 07:01 AM
Norman2
I like reds lol. I must admit I love the looks of the ekos. I've got the p1 and it may not be the best boat out there but it just looks so nice.

Skullcracken
02-27-2012, 09:21 PM
Norman2
Good analogy, but not many of us guys like fatties. The Miss Geico is a fatty. I just can't get past the shape of the hull. If your going to license a boat, make it look good. It out handles the EKOS but the EKOS is perfectly scaled.

Skullcracken
02-27-2012, 09:41 PM
If you are interested in a shelf-queen, we could have made it "scale"... If you want it to actually WORK on the water... it's just where it needs to be...

Water, just like air, doesn't scale... What works at 30-40', does NOT work at all at 30"... Especially at the much faster than scale speeds we achieve. That's why everyone comments on how well the Miss Geico, the Mystic, and also the AQ Motley Crew, handle so well... The designers kept this truth in mind.

OH, and, by the way... V-hulls DO handle rough water better than Cats... That's why the majority of P-Ltd Offshore wins out there are had by Monos.... :wink:

Yep. That's what I was saying. Dziachin said he wants a cat for when the water is choppy. I wasn't asking if v hulls were better in chop than cats, I was stating that to him. As for the Geico, absolutely agree. For racing its much better. But comparing apples to apples - look at the comparable handling of the Miss Geico and the Motley Crew - (best goes to the Geico), but the Motley Crew is fairly spot on scale replica of a Skater cat. Geico is a great performing boat, but could have put a little more effort into the shape of the hull. Scale can translate. HPR's are spot on scale, and handle phenomenal with racing, they're not only made for Swedish high speed runs...