pyroM!KE
11-25-2011, 12:03 PM
No black friday sales here?

detox
11-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Its all about profit, not welfare:smile:

pyroM!KE
11-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Understandable..But every other RC business does have big sales..

drwayne
11-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Steve does a damn good job running this as a sideline to FT work.
OSE pack well, ship fast, and are focused on our hobby.
His 'off the shelf' prices are competitive already.
My hats off to ya, m8.

I get squillions of emailed catalogs to Australia .. sure, I flick through them.. then ask my preferred vendor if they can match ...
Customer loyalty is what keeps forums like this one alive.

detox
11-25-2011, 09:21 PM
I agee with you drwayne.

Doby
11-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Why would one assume that everyone must have a Black Fiday sale??

pyroM!KE
11-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Cuz everyone is doing it..Peer pressure is a mutha.. :tt2:

Doby
11-25-2011, 11:15 PM
So if everyone jumped off a bridge..........

Basstronics
11-26-2011, 11:08 AM
I might go for a swim then!

lol

No but seriously I thought last year many of the hobby sites had black friday sales. Maybe we will see a Cyber Monday sale of some sorts? Maybe not?

With this economy I would resist sales if I was a retailer or do something minor such as free shipping (on smaller orders/not oversized ones).

LarrysDrifter
11-26-2011, 12:36 PM
In a different comparison, The resturants "Show-Me's" and "Hooters" both serve close to the same food and provide very similar dining environments (girls dressed in tight, revealling outfits, money stapeled onto the walls). Show mes has a daily lunch special for around $6, Hooters has no such special. Heres why, Hooters DOESNT NEED TO. The same goes for OSE, he DOESNT NEED TO. Steve isnt going to lose customers because he doesnt have a once a year sale. As it is, Im 100% positive he barely makes a profit on FE products. After all, his main business is selling jewelry. Consider everyday in the swap shop to be our "Black Friday".

pyroM!KE
11-26-2011, 12:41 PM
He could have free shipping at least..I just spent 700 on a new Cyber storm setup and spent 10 extra dollars on usps priority shipping..It was shipped UPS ground which was the cheaper shipping.. :/
Still havent got a reply back.. :sneaky2:
Prices seem retail to me..:confused2:

Basstronics
11-26-2011, 12:48 PM
How are the prices retail?

The problem with that argument is there really is no retail outlet to compare to...

I agree whether there is a sale or not is no skin off my back. Its not going to make customer go somewhere else- because this is the best place to buy. It would however be nice to catch a break every now and then.

But I also understand as a hobby theres probably next to no profit in this. So Im content to keep a reliable source close by such as OSE.

Doby
11-26-2011, 03:14 PM
He could have free shipping at least..I just spent 700 on a new Cyber storm setup and spent 10 extra dollars on usps priority shipping..It was shipped UPS ground which was the cheaper shipping.. :/

Then go to your local retail hobby store and see what you can find....good luck!

LarrysDrifter
11-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Steve has handed out "breaks" before. Remember the Leopard motor discount using the code? How about the Keda motors he recently gave away for next to nothing? He has the Hyperion Duo charger for $10 less than anywhere ive seen. Dont forget his customer service that 99% of other retailers dont have.

To PiroMike, I dont mind helping you out and will continue to do so, but your looking in the wrong place for a black friday sale. OSE isnt a large online retail store like some others that CAN have a sale. It sounds like your looking for a hand out, and that is downright disrespectful. As far as him not getting back with you, try another means such as a PM. He will get back with you. Also, on another note, I would watch how you word certain things as it looks like bashing, and that will get you banned, especially if its to the owner of this website. Just chill out and look elsewhere for a sale. If youve been here for a while, you know that an FE boat isnt cheap. It adds up quick, but thats the price you pay to play. If you dont want to spend as much as you did, then look into another hobby.

pyroM!KE
11-26-2011, 05:56 PM
LOL..Im not being disrespectful..You are judging me that is disrespectful..I never said one thing negative..Like I said I just spent 700 here and didnt blink one eye..I was just curious about black friday holiday sales here...Jee wizzzzz..

LarrysDrifter
11-26-2011, 06:21 PM
I meant no disrespect at all. Im not judging. I was judging my previous statement on the thread title "Wth" and the angry face after the "still havent got a reply back" part. I misunderstood. Happens alot when reading and not verbally talking.

pyroM!KE
11-26-2011, 07:02 PM
I meant no disrespect at all. Im not judging. I was judging my previous statement on the thread title "Wth" and the angry face after the "still havent got a reply back" part. I misunderstood. Happens alot when reading and not verbally talking.
I do that too hehe..:doh:

Steven Vaccaro
11-26-2011, 10:34 PM

i didnt receive an email from you about this. We ship all the boats by UPS Ground. The Post Office insurance is terrible, and boats are damaged often.

The shipping calc on the site doesn't take shipping size into account, so most times shipping is more than whats charged.

Steven Vaccaro
11-26-2011, 10:40 PM
No black friday sales here?

You are correct. But Walmart had one for ya. :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_juEjtBREo

pyroM!KE
11-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks Steven for the new boat and fast shipping.I will prob be making another order within the next couple days.. :)

Ohh I did go to wall mart on Black friday. It was stinking ridiculous..But I did get a new TV really cheap..I dont know why I told my wife I would go with her this year.. :/ Ill never do it again..There were people fighting at our walmart over sheets!!!! LOL

Steven Vaccaro
11-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Did you check out the shopper in the video showing us the full moon?

Basstronics
11-27-2011, 07:58 AM
What a ham!

Some of these Wal Mart situations involve a different breed of humans... That was rather tame though.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

egneg
11-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Thanks Steven for the new boat and fast shipping.I will prob be making another order within the next couple days.. :)

Ohh I did go to wall mart on Black friday. It was stinking ridiculous..But I did get a new TV really cheap..I dont know why I told my wife I would go with her this year.. :/ Ill never do it again..There were people fighting at our walmart over sheets!!!! LOL

So did I ... but I did it sitting at the computer and it only took a few clicks and free shipping to boot. I will do some more click shopping in the next couple of days.

properchopper
11-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Let's get real here. To begin with, like most of the Christmas nonsense that we're inundated with at this this time of the year (and is creeping towards of a Fourth of July rollout), "Black Friday" by actual definition is a desparate attempt by retailers suffering from a downturned economy to get in the "black", volume and profit-wise. Sure, savy retailers, in the black or not, need to jump on the bandwagon to stay competitive. Dumping loss leaders is commonplace, but the real motive is to get bodies into the store to buy not only these "limited quantity" items, but anything and everything else that the "sale pricing" mindset motivates. Retail 101.

OSE, as any long term customer can tell you, prices their merchandise fairly, at market competitive prices, and customer service is A++. Any savy shopper should recognize this and be grateful that our FE community has such a rarity. Steven's success is due to this, and shouldn't have to "cut prices" to attract more business, period. Further, give some thought to how hard OSE endevors to offer the latest "good stuff" that is the "flavor du jour", and the cost of inventorying all the older product that has migrated to the "yesterdays favorite" shelf, the cost of which may never be amortized.

Allow your gratefulness and loyalty to OSE to overshadow your disappointment at not having a Black Friday sale. For me, a "good deal" is a state of mind. Every time I make a purchase from OSE, I'm a happy camper. If you must have a lowball purchasing experience, fight yourself into Walrusmart. Don't forget the body armor and pepper spray.

Doby
11-30-2011, 12:15 PM
It Wed, Nov 30th....what....no end of Nov sale.....???

pyroM!KE
11-30-2011, 12:41 PM
And its 11:40 am..Im excited..Tommorow is december 1st.. I know there will be stuff on sale tommorow..hehe