PDA

View Full Version : size of water lines??

floatn turd
11-22-2011, 11:32 PM
I bought a Leopard 4074 and the ose-80610 (Carbon, Heavy duty water cooled mount for Leopard 4074)

Here is my question:The brass tube is like an inch & a half 'higher' than the mount sits in the boat. How do I overcome this?
1) can the brass tube be heated and bent down to fit?
2) do I have to put the motor and mount on some sort of "raiser" to make it fit?
3) any other ideas?

thanks for the help

Mr Turd

siberianhusky
11-23-2011, 08:11 AM
Trim the stuffing tube shorter and move the motor back in the hull.
My stuffing tube sticks out of the hump about 3/8" now, you have to trim the flex shaft as well.

LarrysDrifter
11-23-2011, 10:44 AM
What happened to the "size of the water lines" question?

floatn turd
11-23-2011, 01:28 PM
What happened to the "size of the water lines" question?

Ya, i forgot that I had a micrometer. So now I know its 3mm tubing, then I went to the next problem to be solved.

floatn turd
11-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the help, and feel free to give ant other tips, I will gladly take them all.

siberianhusky
11-25-2011, 05:48 PM
The rudder of a SV or UL-1 with the water pickup is a direct drop in replacement, I use the rudder from a SV and the sponson pickup to feed dual cooling systems for the esc and motor.
If you're serious about trying to get the most out of it you should fill and flat sand the sponson bottoms, or at least check them, mine had terrible dips down the centre of both sides. I squared up the sponson inside edges and transom at the same time to allow water the shear of easier.
Over the winter mine will get a new stuffing tube and a wire drive setup I think, at least a new stuffing tube as don't run the teflon liner.
Add a layer of glass or carbon to the inside of the canopy because it will get crushed in when it blows over, I replaced the plastic braces with some carbon rod.
I'd also stiffen up the inside of the tub with either carbon cloth or rails.

floatn turd
11-26-2011, 10:03 PM
cool, thanks for the info. looks like I got a lot to do.