PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish 200amp ESC problem

woodster
11-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Hi guys just wondering I have a new swordfish 200amp ESC and I can't seem to get it to arm. I plug in a lipo and the small green light comes on, but soon after it turns into a red blinking light. I've searched on the net and can't seem to get an answer. Is the ESC fried? It doesn't make any beeping noises either.. Thanks for any help

Boaterguy
11-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I'm setting one up right now so if I run into any issues (tomorrow since it's late) i'll let you know and we can work them out together, could you program your's?

stadiumyamaha
11-18-2011, 11:24 PM
are you setting full throttle on the esc by holding it wide open and the plugging the batts in?

oscarel
11-19-2011, 02:08 PM
The esc doesn't beep, the motor does. What all do you have hooked up? Page 5 of instruction manual "If the LVC of ESC is set in 'Auto' detect Lipo cells, after the two power beeps the ESC will beep the number of Lipo cells WHILE the red LED blink." But again the motor is where the beeps will come from.

woodster
11-19-2011, 03:35 PM
The esc doesn't beep, the motor does. What all do you have hooked up? Page 5 of instruction manual "If the LVC of ESC is set in 'Auto' detect Lipo cells, after the two power beeps the ESC will beep the number of Lipo cells WHILE the red LED blink." But again the motor is where the beeps will come from.

The motor beeps? Oh ok. I always thought it was the ESC. I have it hooked up correctly as far as I can tell. I don't get any type of beeps at all, only the green light comes on for a second, then it switches to 5 red flashes. Nothing else happens.

woodster
11-19-2011, 03:36 PM
are you setting full throttle on the esc by holding it wide open and the plugging the batts in?

Yes i've tried this as well. thanks

woodster
11-19-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm setting one up right now so if I run into any issues (tomorrow since it's late) i'll let you know and we can work them out together, could you program your's?

Not sure if it's accepting a program or not, I can't seem to get any beeps to confirm.

Boaterguy
11-19-2011, 07:20 PM
look at the light, if it flashes then it works, unless it stays on until the program times out, are you using v2 or v4?

oscarel
11-19-2011, 08:03 PM
Just verified with mine, 240hv, if the motor isn't hooked up with at least 2 of the 3 wires you will not hear beeping. The green light comes on then it flashes red the number of lipo cells. This would indicate that you have the batteries hooked up and the receiver, but not the motor. Do you have another to motor to try? Check the motor connectors and make sure they're soldered good.

woodster
11-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Just verified with mine, 240hv, if the motor isn't hooked up with at least 2 of the 3 wires you will not hear beeping. The green light comes on then it flashes red the number of lipo cells. This would indicate that you have the batteries hooked up and the receiver, but not the motor. Do you have another to motor to try? Check the motor connectors and make sure they're soldered good.

It must be the motor is no good then.. Man that sucks, I just bought it of of a forum member from this site. I do have another motor I can try tomorrow. Thanks again for helping out and checking yours.. Appreciate it

steveo
11-20-2011, 09:15 AM
i also have a new swordfish 200 and could not get it to calibrate right with the throttle in foward acted as brake and reverse would power up and i tried the reverse option for channel two and played with the end point adjustment and still would not work.
i ended up setting up the channel one to everything neutral and set the throttle that way using the wheel turning left and then back to neutral to act full throttle, i have an airtronics mx-3 sport with 70/30 channel 2 and i think sometimes it does not work well with setting up sometimes, i have had to do this another time on an esc