PDA

View Full Version : swordfish problems.

Boaterguy
11-18-2011, 06:46 PM
plugging in my SF to my computer and when I initiate the programming i get the error "cannot find yyyy's parameter setting"
I know i have the com port right and it beeps quietly when i initiate then it stops beeping at the error.

siberianhusky
11-18-2011, 07:53 PM
I had to change the permissions to allow a normal user to access the com port for some reason, wouldn't work as user worked fine as admin. It would find the programmer and everything but error out when you tried to program the esc.
My laptop is running vista btw.

Boaterguy
11-18-2011, 10:52 PM
tried on xp and 7, the 7 is 64-bit.
was it windows firewall? I have issues with my account where i am the admin but I don't have admins permissions, some sort of glitch in the programming.

siberianhusky
11-19-2011, 06:02 AM
For some reason it wouldn't let a user access the com port.
Have you downloaded the newest software from hifei?

Boaterguy
11-19-2011, 01:05 PM
I am the admin, still doesn't work.
does anyone have version 3.01 to try? it could be that the ESC was produced earlier and was sent with the wrong software.

Steven Vaccaro
11-19-2011, 01:26 PM
plugging in my SF to my computer and when I initiate the programming i get the error "cannot find yyyy's parameter setting"
I know i have the com port right and it beeps quietly when i initiate then it stops beeping at the error.

Send me an email from OSE contact page, I will reply with my Hifei reps email address.