PDA

View Full Version : The newest addition, Pro Boat Retreival duck.

gsbuickman
11-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Hello everybody, :w00t:

So my boat went outta radio range the other day. I had to call a friend, he brought a kayak out and we got it back.

I started looking into retrieval boats and went with this option.

The Pro Boat Retrieval Duck. This seems like a nice lil unit.
watercooled 380 motor
about a 40a esc
Pro Boat jet drive
7.2v battery
Spektrum marine radio with mr200 receiver
nice lil hull with watertight lid

This comes with a second lil duckling with a 3 outrigger gaffe's on it. The 2 tether together, so you can circle a stranded duck or rc, snag it and tow it back to shore.

The tether it comes with appears to be 8 lb. monofilament line.
I will change this to a length of 150 lb. sturgeon line, Yeah I like overkill.

I wouldn't run this in areas with weeds and alge though. The gaffe under the duckling might get caught and end up stranded.

For $100, the radio and receiver were worth that, the rest was a bonus.
For those who don't know about this yet, Enjoy, i hope it gives you some good retrieval ideas. :rockon2:

gsbuickman
11-15-2011, 02:15 PM
more pics

de-pro
11-15-2011, 08:53 PM
I got one of those this summer. It works well in calmer water but not so good when choppy out there. I used my 2s 1700mah lipo batteries from hobby king. It works well but watch out for the voltage wont drop below 3 volts per cell. I am planning to go brushless with it for next year. maybe a 2200kv with 2 or 3s lipo and 35 amp watercooled esc.

NorCalZ71
11-15-2011, 09:24 PM
I bought the jet from these for a custom build but never got anywhere. Looks like it would be a fun little rig with some more power in it.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

gsbuickman
11-16-2011, 01:34 AM
Hhhhmmmmm, haven't thought about hopping it up yet, haven't thought about a hot rod duck. I just got it for a retrieval boat. I just cant leave things stock though................ I have a miss bud to convert, a traxxas villain iv to upgrade and a vintage parma ski tiger to restore.

a 2s lipo, lipo shield and a brushless 380 and esc, that would be cheap..........

sunexim
11-17-2011, 08:15 AM
What is the cost for each one if anyone want to buy them?

gsbuickman
11-17-2011, 11:47 AM
On avarage you can find them for $120 - $150

de-pro
11-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Any thought on which brushless motor works with it? I was looking at this motor but not certain about the shaft size of the stock motor

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=5203

desmobob
11-17-2011, 10:22 PM
For $100, the radio and receiver were worth that, the rest was a bonus.

Where did you find it so cheap? I'd consider one at that price, but Horizon gets $159 for them. :(

Take it easy,
desmobob

gsbuickman
11-18-2011, 12:34 AM
i keep an eye on ebay & amazon. I also watch here at OSE, RC Tech, RC Junkyard, RC Universe and RcNitro talk. There are a lot of nice rc deals out there right now.