PDA

View Full Version : interference?

mountains
11-14-2011, 05:51 AM
tok boat out yesterday switched on its bleeping constantly and the servo is constantly jittering its like interference,the batts are fully charged the tranny batts are fully charged the boat has not been run for 2 weeks any ideas.

jamespl
11-14-2011, 07:47 AM
Mine does it. Turn the steering fully left or right and let go so it returns to centre then it should stop. It will do it every time you plug the batts in tho. I wouldn't worry about it.

Darin Jordan
11-14-2011, 09:45 AM
There is drag and load on the steering pull-pull cables, and the sound you hear is the servo constantly trying to center itself. Mine does it too. Especially prevalent with digital servos, which will "insist" on finding the center...

Fluid
11-14-2011, 10:28 AM
Loosening the steering cables a bit will help to reduce the noise. Too loose will add slop to the steering, but mine was way too tight at first.

Darin Jordan
11-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Loosening the steering cables a bit will help to reduce the noise. Too loose will add slop to the steering, but mine was way too tight at first.

Yup... I think it may come from the tension pulling the servo head back as well. The cables don't need to be super tight... Just don't need any slop.

Thanks, Jay. I had forgotten about that part.

mountains
11-14-2011, 10:59 AM
thanks guys good advice, im a bit concerned as this is the first time its done this since i got it started suddenly

mountains
11-17-2011, 12:27 PM
further to my previous post took the boat out today it was awful the servo was jittering badlly so much so the boat was steering both ways but on its return it wasnt returning smoothly it was also not centering. i disconnected the steering wheel and the servo was still jittering badly another boater sggested it could be moisture in the servo and suggested i put it in a warm place for a couple of hours, so im trying it to see if theres any improvement. ill let you know

mountains
11-18-2011, 11:02 AM
another update left the servo in a warm place overnight tried it this morning no change I contacted horizon Hobby they seem to think its a faulty servo so its gone back to be tested.

mountains
12-08-2011, 08:58 AM
update, i sent the servo back to model shop they said it had gone back to horizon 2 weeks later they said they had not got it, model shop said they sent it. they have offered me a Hi tec servo as it looks like the original is lost in the post so i dont know wethe the original is faulty or not, Im not very happy so am considering sending the boat back