PDA

View Full Version : Motor Questions....

gonrcng
11-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I sent a message to steve to see what he recommends , but I will ask the jury the same. I think I got a box of problems all stickered up with pro boat stickers on it. First the ESC ingites in the hull. replace the ESC with a Seaking 180. First run the wires and deans get really hot....... Redo all the wiring and remove deans and all unessary connections using 10 guage wire 6mm bullets and 4mm at the battery(hard case) Run with brand new turnigy nano techs 6000 65c 2s2p.... Boats hauls ass and run time was awesome. open the hatch and there is a small amount of smoke in the hull . Temp gun showes esc at 80*f motor 83*F and batteries 115*F. all wires were cool to the touch. Scratching my head as to where the smoke came from. sent the boat back out with the venom 40c 5000's and ran it pretty hard with a small mix of holeshots and the boat came in with no smoke and about the same temps...... Could the smoke had come from the turnigy packs? They are hard packs but do not feel swollen or apperar anything has happened, the store charge I put in them was fine when i got home. ..................Any how I am looking for your opinions on a better quality motor. I want to keep the same preformance as my son and I run them together. If my boat is way faster he wont like it. I dont want to take reliability away from the boat. I just want a good solid power plant . I have been looking at the Leopard 4074 1400 1800 or 2000kv. I also dont want to mod anything. I am hoping one of these will bolt up to the stock mount. Any and all advise is GREATLY appreciated.