PDA

View Full Version : New HD Video Glasses to Record RC Fast Electric Action!

questtek
11-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Trying to get a buddy to record the operation of your RC boat, plane or car has always been a problem. Most of the time the resulting video is a disaster, jerky, out of focus and not following the subject. However I just brought back a technology from my recent trip into China that may potentially provide a simple solution to recording RC action.

While video glasses have been around for quite a while, their quality has really been sub-standard in my opinion. Although many claims have been made on quality, I have always been disappointed....till now...........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmQjeudi4Sw&feature=youtube_gdata

jj2003
11-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Awesome product Joe! Now I can get rid of the big camera on top of my cat!

HydroMike
11-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Are they available to buy if so they a web sight thanks. Very neat ideal

jj2003
11-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Available on preorder from his email addy! Save $100 bucks!

questtek
11-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the comments. These are brand new. I have ordered a bunch of them based on my evaluation and that of the FE guys like Boyd that run at my house every month. I believe they have some potential but I continue to do more testing to determine if the wide angle field of view, 135 degrees, or the normal angle field of view, 63 degrees is best. So far it seems like for close up work like describing your boat, giving a tour of your build, installing equipment, etc, the wide angle is better. However to follow boats at a distance and possibly to document boat performance in a race, the normal angle is better. Since your head follows the boat as you control it, you can get very good framing, something that has been difficult in the past with your buddy controlling the camera.

Here are some more pics of the units: Black the wide angle and Orange Trim the normal angle field of view. I will continue to post more video in different situations for comparisons and to evaluate quality.

PS, that was the very first time my wife had seen the video glasses let alone use them. She wore the orange, normal angle field of view video sunglasses and I wore the black, wide angle field of view glasses. Not to bad for a first time ever use!

JackBlack26
11-12-2011, 04:56 PM
Great product. Let us know when they become available!

tiqueman
11-12-2011, 10:33 PM
I think Hobbypartz has something similar... dunno if they were HD or not. ive used the $12.00 micro cam from HK with a headband strap w/ the same reults. Other than looking stupid.... :laugh:

Whats the price tag?

jj2003
11-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I believe Joe is selling them for a discounted price of $149 on pre-orders. Regularly $249 off of fleabay now.

HydroMike
11-13-2011, 01:04 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-4GB-Mini-DVR-Spy-Sun-glasses-Camera-Video-Recorder-/170610202707?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b9291853 I found these not sure if they r the same