PDA

View Full Version : Leopard Compatibility with older Schulze ESCs ... are they ok??

jimi911
11-07-2011, 07:42 PM
I have a new Leopard 2860 2D 5050Kv motor I am dropping in a new Micro Drifter I picked up. I would like to pair it up with an older 129a Schulze ESC that I had been using for soft Neu setups. Has anyone tried the Leopards with a schulze?? Do they work ok?

Almost all my setups run Neus and this is my first Leopard.

m4a1usr
11-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Which model and software version? Depending on how old the speedo is it wont like a 4 pole motor. Only setup to run 2 poles. Too bad as they are dependable, tough as nails and built like a tank. I have a 88WO that would smoke the cheapo Chi 120's but it does not like 4 pole motors.

John

Fluid
11-07-2011, 09:33 PM
If the OP's Schulze runs a Neu fine then it will run another 4-pole motor. The only problem I had with Neus and Schulzes - even the newest versions (v16) - was with motors with extremely low impedance - the 1D motors. They worked well with all other winds.

jimi911
11-07-2011, 09:54 PM
Found my notes. I was actually not running this esc with the Neus. It was a 105wo, which is a great esc that I sold like an idiot. I was running Y wind motors with it and according to my notes it worked ok.

I have not run this 129a with anything but a Feigao 6XL 2s2p setup I was playing with. It is actually a converted car esc I got from Ressor a few years back.

I think I need to look into a new esc (or a Lehner). I have lots of hi amp MGMs and Castles, but it seems silly to put one of those in this rig and there really isn't the space for it. Shame. The 129a Schulze was low profile and fit nicely in the mock up under the nose of the micro drifter. I have a Cuda 80a and a Cuda 125a I could use I suppose, but they have been great in my OPCs and I don't want to wreck them.