PDA

View Full Version : Water outlet

jharper
11-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Anyone have a quick tutorial on installing 2 outlets. I enjoy this thing. I can't keep my hands off it. My wife calls her my mistress. Thanks

LarrysDrifter
11-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Buy the 2 outlets you want. Drill 2 holes. Screw the outlets in the hull. Hook up water lines. Run boat.

JimClark
11-04-2011, 09:08 PM
get two aluminum 3/16 poprivits knock the mandril out ou have your two exits. If you get the dome type I polish them up and they look real nice

http://jimclark.smugmug.com/Radio-Control/Jims-Build/IMG4287/331768228_LF53R-L.jpg (http://jimclark.smugmug.com/Radio-Control/Jims-Build/4309697_SfdXDB#331768228_LF53R-A-LB)

jharper
11-05-2011, 02:23 AM
Thanks Jim Clark. Can I put 2 about an inch apart on the side so I can see the water coming out or will that make it weak? Don't want to put any more holes in back. Thanks for your time

jharper
11-05-2011, 02:36 AM
Guess I asked for that Mr. Drifter thanks

siberianhusky
11-05-2011, 06:57 AM
I've had 2 of the pop rivet style between the Motley and the Crew on the port side of mine since I got it, about 3/4" apart or so.
A swapped the stock rudder for a SV rudder with the water pickup and ran it in the original exit, still use the sponson pick up as well, one for the motor one for the esc, two completely separate systems.
I installed some wood rails in mine and a couple cross braces across the bottom to stiffen things up, ditched the stock motor mount for a glue in floor mount style, moved the motor back closer to the hump, now the motor doesn't move when you adjust the strut! I also bent the stock mount in a high speed roll over when I was in search of speed with it, all I did was end up with a bashed up boat!
Filling and leveling the bottom of the sponsons makes a huge difference, they have huge dips down the center that cannot be sanded out, I sharpened up the edges at the same time.
Mine is back on spec power, haven't had to do a hull repair since.
I also added another layer of fiberglass to the hatch, got rid of the two plastic braces and epoxied in a couple lengths of carbon tube, lol broken rigger sponson tubes live on in the MC.
For everything I've done to it I wish I had started out with a better quality hull, I've pretty much re built it from the bottom up! I think the strut is the only thing that is still as factory.

LarrysDrifter
11-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Your welcome, but I was messing with you.

jharper
11-05-2011, 04:46 PM
I was out Thursday zooming around and brought it in and my motor wires were melting. I bought a water jacket from the fine folks at ose and I'm gonna toss my extra Mamba 2200 in it. I have a t180 esc and usually run 2 14.8 in parallel with a m445. After 2 runs I let it cool and put my 42x55 on it and run my last packs 2 18.5 parallel. I know I'm pushing the envelope but I enjoy tinkering with it. Guess I'm going to try the 42x55 with the cc2200. My mechanic at work has a wood shop and made me a little support for the motor. I did my sponsors up already ( thanks for your help siberianhusky) and now I'm gonna run it until she blows haha. Do you have any recommendations on a hull kinda like this ( I like the cats ) that I can build to run please. I'm saving while I'm running MC. I'm loving these boats. Selling all my trucks for more boat money