PDA

View Full Version : Pro Boat Serenity 1-Meter Sailboat...

Darin Jordan
11-02-2011, 09:19 AM
I just received this 1-Meter Pro Boat Serenity sailboat last night and started getting it ready to try out...

It's a REALLY nice looking boat when it's all together. Give yourself lots of head-room... the mast stands over 42" tall!

It's taken a couple of hours of tinkering and rigging to get it all setup to use, but I think I just about have it. I'm going to play around with it and formulate an opinion, as well as some tech-tips for future answers to future questions...

I've already re-engineered the mainsail winch, but only with minor revisions to make if function more reliably.

Otherwise, this looks to be a pretty nice quality fiberglass hull and it's pretty easy to assemble.

Having never sailed before, we'll see how quickly I can pick it up!

roadrashracing
11-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Is the hull going to get blue printed? And need a gps speed please. :lol:

Make-a-Wake
11-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Nice boat there, i had an opportunity to run a sailboat as my buddies each have one, quite a hoot actually. The main one i ran was the 'Vela' which i believe is from another manufacturer........not sure.............but very similar in size to this and pleasing to the eye..................point is that i can see the attraction to a nice, calming sailing endeavor.:thumbup1:

Doby
11-02-2011, 10:13 AM
...point is that i can see the attraction to a nice, calming sailing endeavor.:thumbup1:

Spoken by someone who obviously never raced a sailboat:tongue:...trying to find wind while others on the lake seem to have no problem can be a major PITA and even more frustrating than trying to figure out why your FE boat lost a few MPH since the last run.:blink:

I've got 2, and soon will be adding a 3rd sailboat to my collection. But when the wind is right and the boat heels over, thses things move out quite nicely and are a blast:wink: