PDA

View Full Version : West Florida Model boat club, Sarasota, FL

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

tiqueman
10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
Since we have undergone quite a few changes over the last several months and the "New Florida Fast Electric Club" thread is getting extremely long, we have found it best to start a new thread. We have a new website up and running WFMBC.com that Bill (34207) has been doing an incredible job with. In it you will find information about the club, a map of our location, contacts for northern, central and southern counties as well as past event vids, pics etc.

Please bear with us in the construction of our new website. Also, follow this thread for and cancelation of scheduled runs or additional non scheduled runs we may have.

Thanks and happy boating,
Scott and the WFMBC crew

http://www.wfmbc.com/

ron1950
10-31-2011, 02:38 PM
hey scott anyone planning to run the weekend after thanksgiveing? ill be down there that weekend......

tiqueman
10-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Not sure, we havent discussed it.

bill34207
10-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Guess I better get signed in on this one.

hebner
10-31-2011, 04:06 PM
I'll sign in also.

RayR
10-31-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm here.

bill34207
11-01-2011, 06:53 AM
After going MIA for a while yesterday it looks like the club threads are back.
The title on this one is working well as a google search for "rc model boat club sarasota" puts this thread in the top 5 matches.

bill34207
11-01-2011, 07:53 AM
On another note, I got a NAMBA packet in the mail yesterday. On the back of the propwash magazine is the 2012 application.
I went ahead and scanned it to pdf as soon as I got to work and will include it here for anyone that is needing one.

sailr
11-01-2011, 08:28 AM
I'm gonna post here again. Yesterday it wouldn't allow any posts. Hmmm?

sailr
11-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Hooray, it works. I guess OSE was restructuring the clubs section?

sailr
11-01-2011, 08:30 AM
So I guess all our posts in the old forum are gone? Bummer! I had just put up a bunch of for sale stuff to let the club guys get first dibs. I guess it's off to the swap shop now.

sailr
11-01-2011, 09:28 AM
I see our old forum is still there. Good. I have some stuff on there for sale guys!

sailr
11-01-2011, 09:30 AM
As most of you know, I have to get out of the hobby due to health. I have a lot of stuff for sale. Let me know what you need, I may have it. I'd rather offer the stuff to our club members before sending to the swap shop.

Steven Vaccaro
11-01-2011, 10:51 AM
As most of you know, I have to get out of the hobby due to health. I have a lot of stuff for sale. Let me know what you need, I may have it. I'd rather offer the stuff to our club members before sending to the swap shop.

Sorry to hear that Jim.

sailr
11-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks Steven. My back has taken a serious turn for the worst. Just can't do it anymore. Fun while it lasted~ :-)

tiqueman
11-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Like the format Steven! Thanks for seeting it up w/ club links. :beerchug:

Steven Vaccaro
11-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Like the format Steven! Thanks for seeting it up w/ club links. :beerchug: I hope it cleans things up and maybe brings more interest in rc boat club racing.

bill34207
11-01-2011, 01:49 PM
Looking really good now. Although, for some reason it didn't send me the email notice of new posts.
Guess we'll have to start checking in a little more often.

tiqueman
11-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I got sent a notice when Steven replied. But didnt get any that Sailr replied after it was moved. Sould be good now

osprey21
11-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Checking in... finally. The re-format threw me for a loop. When I couldn't find the forum/thread I started to get all jervous and nerky. :blink:

All better now. :Peace_Sign:

Scott - thanks for starting the new string.
Bill - thanks for the WFMBC web site and all your hard work.
Jim - take care of yourself, and don't be a stranger.

And while I'm at it --
Steven Vaccaro - thank you sir, for a great site. :tiphat:

ron1950
11-01-2011, 06:09 PM
come to think of it i am not getting the updates on my phone either....hmmmmm

sailr
11-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Chris,
I'll be down on the 13th to bring the paperwork to Scott and deliver a couple of boats I've sold. Thanks for asking!

Checking in... finally. The re-format threw me for a loop. When I couldn't find the forum/thread I started to get all jervous and nerky. :blink:

All better now. :Peace_Sign:

Scott - thanks for starting the new string.
Bill - thanks for the WFMBC web site and all your hard work.
Jim - take care of yourself, and don't be a stranger.

And while I'm at it --
Steven Vaccaro - thank you sir, for a great site. :tiphat:

sailr
11-03-2011, 11:21 AM
Who will be there on the 13th? I have three boats to deliver. Hugh, Brian, Scott. Please let me know for sure if you will be there. I won't bring the boats if you won't be there.

tiqueman
11-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Jim I will be there but may have to put off expenditures on getting my tunnel to run by purchasing yours. if youd like to go ahead and list it, please do so. It could be a while before Im re-cooped to spend again.

sailr
11-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Bummer! Haha. OK.

sailr
11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
anyone interested in my Cobra tunnel complete except receiver? The transom needs repair. Hit a turtle or something last time run. I don't think it's a very serious fix. It has OS lower unit, UL-1 motor, Swordfish esc. She runs good! Will sell for $175 or $250 if I repair it!

The motor, esc, and lower unit alone are well worth $175!

bill34207
11-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Who will be there on the 13th? I have three boats to deliver. Hugh, Brian, Scott. Please let me know for sure if you will be there. I won't bring the boats if you won't be there.

I plan to be there but you're not bringing me anything. :laugh: It was hard not to jump on your old LSO cat but between AMA dues, NAMBA dues, and the flying club dues, I'm running a little tight on boating funds right now myself. My old van crapping out and having to replace it last month didn't help either. :olleyes:

tiqueman
11-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Bummer! Haha. OK.

Or if your interested in parting out the outboard and motor I may be able to swing that?

sailr
11-04-2011, 12:10 PM
I'd really rather keep the tunnel intact. I'd want $125 for the lower unit and motor anyway. Why not get the entire boat RTR (no receiver) for $50 more?

sailr
11-04-2011, 12:20 PM
The new web site is lookin great! Super job Bill!

teddyboy
11-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Gentlemen,

Please add me to your mailing list and I will be up there on Nov 13th.

Thanks Ted Wachter

bill34207
11-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the group Ted. You can find directions and a map for getting to Ackerman on our club website contacts page.
http://www.wfmbc.com/WFMBC/Contact.html

RCKong
11-04-2011, 03:36 PM
I'll be there the 13th. Hope we get a break from the windy weather. I'll be picking up my boat from jim, and testing my new PTD.:banana:

TRUCKPULL
11-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I made it over here.

Larry

bill34207
11-04-2011, 06:04 PM
After two weekends back to back of near gale force winds I hope we get a break for the 13th as well. We're about due for a decent run day.

Glad to see you found us Larry.

Thanks for the compliments on the website Jim. Scott's been helping me rework some of the wording the past couple of days and supplied the new graphic for the home page. (gotta change it again in a few minutes)

tiqueman
11-04-2011, 09:09 PM
(gotta change it again in a few minutes)

my bad

bill34207
11-05-2011, 12:28 PM
No prob Scott. It's all part of getting it tweaked. I put up a few more pages in the photo gallery this morning. http://www.wfmbc.com/Gallery/Main.html I'm just about caught up now until our next run. Down to linking in the race vids from Riverview now.

sailr
11-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Larry,
Which size shirt was it you ordered? XXL with pocket? I'll be sure to bring it on the 13th.

Jim

I made it over here.

Larry

bill34207
11-09-2011, 09:31 AM
It's Wednesday and time to start planning. I sure do hope the front that's supposed to get here late Thursday doesn't mess up the weekend. I have lotsa testing to do. Reset the timing and endpoint calibration on the esc's in Goldfinger a couple of nights ago and want to see how it performs. Wanting to try some different props on my P boat and LSH. I plan to bring the Q cat and PTD as well.
The Q, P mono and Goldie can handle some chop but sure would like to have some flat water for the LSH and PTD.

HRC
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
63741Hey Scott & Bill,
I have 3 rudders for you guys to try out. I will bring them to the lake Sunday. Scott I will have the other stuff as well. The rudder at the bottom is the stock on from Scott. Any one of them should do well. Thanks Dave.

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Awesome dave. And Ill have another rudder for you. :lol: that is IF your willing.

Ill be there... no idea what Im bringing. Probably just LSO and STD.

EDIT I think that top one is going to be a winner. :banana:

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 04:52 PM
HUGH, Im not going to have that canopy painted unless a miracle happens by Saturday. Do you need me to bring it so you can race or did you get another. Still trying to coordinate a diver as well. One of them is working w/ me on a remodel tomorrow... If we get done early enough Ill see if I can drag him down there

bill34207
11-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Glad to see you get plugged in over here Dave. One of these days you're going to have to show up at Ackeman with a boat to run. :smile:
I'll second the vote for the top rudder looking the most effective of the 3. :iagree:

hebner
11-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Scott,
Bring the canopy so I can run on Sunday.

HRC
11-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Thanks guys. Yea the top one was made after I made a jig to hold the material for the milling. Hopefully it will help with the turning problem. Will see :)
Dave

bill34207
11-09-2011, 07:39 PM
Ill be there... no idea what Im bringing. Probably just LSO and STD.

Still no love from the Fightercat? I'll still bring my Q just in case. If I don't run it I can use the 6s packs in the Thunderbolt.:banana:

Thanks guys. Yea the top one was made after I made a jig to hold the material for the milling. Hopefully it will help with the turning problem. Will see :)
Dave

I'll have one available for testing it on. :biggrin:

RCKong
11-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Looks like the forecast is for 5 - 10mph winds out of the east for Sun - :Praying:

Scott, I can bring an extra T180 or SF 240 if you want to try out that black cat.:hornets_nest:

Bill, I have the .187 collet for ya - I had it last time I just forgot to give it back.:doh:

I would defiantly make sure both recovery boat batteries are charged up. I'll bring an extra just in case. No B - Tow this week. :moon:

I'm bringing;

P Mono
LSO
LSH
STD
PTD
1/8 hydro
if I can get to it.

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Still no love from the Fightercat? I'll still bring my Q just in case. If I don't run it I can use the 6s packs in the Thunderbolt.

I'll have one available for testing it on.

Looks like the forecast is for 5 - 10mph winds out of the east for Sun -

Scott, I can bring an extra T180 or SF 240 if you want to try out that black cat.:hornets_nest:

Bill, I have the .187 collet for ya - I had it last time I just forgot to give it back.

I would defiantly make sure both recovery boat batteries are charged up. I'll bring an extra just in case. No B - Tow this week. :moon:

I'm bringing;

P Mono
LSO
LSH
STD
PTD
1/8 hydro
if I can get to it.

temporary brain fart. Ill be bringing that too. Ben sent an esc and programmer. Still need to solder it up though. Hopefully the mounted to board bullets dont give me any issues. Ill probably only charge one set of packs for it though.

Brian you got your PTD all ready to go????? Cant wait to see how she does. My new PTD hull showed up today, but may get another in the water before its done. Decided to make some hardware changes. :spy: I sold both DF cats. However one (the yellow undrilled) Im building for Deisel.

RCKong
11-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Ya, almost done - need to run cooling lines.
I hope Ben can get my new CNC props to mr by this weekend...

bill34207
11-09-2011, 09:00 PM
Nice paint job :thumbup1:

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 09:02 PM
that looks SICK!!!! you suprise me sometimes B. this is one of those times :lol: simple yet blingy. will be very easy to see on the pond.

RCKong
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
MUHHAHA...Thanks Bill, Scott

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Its funny you did your like that.. remember the 80s offshore vhull team Ferrarri? yellow black and white. Its one of the options on how I was going to do mine.

RCKong
11-09-2011, 09:16 PM
DUDE...I had no idea - and was having trouble finding anything that matched. I ordered a carb kit from JEGS a couple of weeks ago and the decal was in the box, and it matched the paint nicely...they must have known.

RCKong
11-09-2011, 09:41 PM
My boat has the large rudder, we'll see how it works. I think the trouble with these cats turning ability lye's in the sponson configuration. I've noticed that cats with flat bottom sponsons corner better due to what I call the skipping effect. Kind like a flat stone skipping across the water. MC and MG handle in the corners great, both have flat sponsons. In fact I can corner at WOT sometimes when the wind is not a factor. The sponsons on the DF cat are not at a flat plane parallel to the water surface, so instead of skipping, they cut and dig the outside sponson in the corner. I see Ben has a new 41" Cat on the way with flat sponsons that I'm looking at. It will probably be my new Q Boat.

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Explain this one then? I think it has a lot to do w/ the rudder. that little tfl blade just isnt enough to lock the a$$ end down. I think we are going to see a big difference w/ daves hard work.

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 09:49 PM
I just noticed that.. where did you get that rudder?

johnf
11-09-2011, 09:53 PM
That is a great action shot.

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 09:54 PM
That is a great action shot.

.ch :lol: most of the guys here know what I got.

johnf
11-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Lmao!

RCKong
11-09-2011, 10:34 PM
I made it out of a large speedmaster

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 10:38 PM
come to think of it, I think you told me you were doing that... looks good

RCKong
11-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks. say, try and bring those stuffing tube supports please.

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 10:55 PM
crap, i forgot about them. Sry bout that. Ill try and get some made, If not Ill give you a piece of carbon plate to make them with.

tiqueman
11-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Ill bring that black FG too

tiqueman
11-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Before I list them on the for sale section.... Ive got two 540 10xl Feigao motors w/ jackets that have 5 6S runs on them from my HOTR cat and 2 4S runs. I also have a feigao 5409XL with under 10 runs. And am considering selling my Pursuit hull/ hrdwr and possibly the Leopard 4082 2200 thats in it. if anyone is interested in any of these items, Pm me. I also have a brushles mini Rio, complete less rx tx. Not the one that went to the bottom.. still havent found that. :Sinking:

tiqueman
11-10-2011, 12:17 AM
And will consider my HOTR (Amsoil) twin hull/ hrdwr for the right price.

TRUCKPULL
11-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Larry,
Which size shirt was it you ordered? XXL with pocket? I'll be sure to bring it on the 13th.

Jim

Hello Jim
Yes (XXL with pocket)

See you all on SUN.

P Mono
LSH
LSO
P Sport Hydro

Larry

sailr
11-10-2011, 09:30 AM
OK Larry. Thanks.

sailr
11-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I will be there Sunday with boats to deliver etc. I'm also bringing some extra boats to see if any of you are interested.
I'm thinking maybe the 2nd Sunday in Dec or 2nd Sunday in January, I will have a 'yard sale'. I have tons of props, shafts,
a few esc's, motors, rudders and struts, boat stands, some additional boats, etc. etc. etc. There will be lots of great buys for you!

Do you think the 2nd Sunday in Dec. is too close to Christmas? Should I wait until January? I'm wondering if I could do a flyer to post here and ask you guys to post at local hobby shops, etc.? This would also give me time to get the word out to other clubs, etc.

Thanks,
Jim

teddyboy
11-10-2011, 03:48 PM
Jim, Keep me in mind, as I have not made it back to Texas for a boat or gear, See you Sunday.

Ted

tiqueman
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
So, I was at our local pond today and while there, a guy, lets call him a-hole, moved his truck to purposly block me in from getting out of the pit area. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he first did it and assumed he just didnt realize a was there. When he looked at me and shook his head while he walked back into his building I knew we had a problem. An hour later while leaving he would not let us out. Said we were trespassing on private property, said he has a problem with us and using "his" driveway to get in and out and I was there illegally and he was calling the cops. I had to basically scream at him until hed listen to me and explained who I was, why I was there, and why I will continue to use the entrance every Sunday. he left it at he'd fill the area with roofing nails if we continue to use that entrance. He was pissed to say the least. After 20 minutes of us going back and forth he finally moved his truck to let us out.

So, solution. Obviously the county building is closed tomorrow as its a Holiday. Whos got bolt cutters? I recommend we cut the chain across the wood gate that we are supposed to be able to use. Ill call Susan at sarasota county on Monday, tell her we need her help in solving an issue and in the mean time, for the safety of our club and thousands of dollars of tires, I cut the chain and I will have my check book and or a new chain in hand to give her as a replacement. This roofing guy doesnt sound like hes playing around and actually I felt threatened like I was going to get hit by him he was so pissed. I need to talk w/ Susan about getting a lock that both the county and the club have a key for.

tiqueman
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
PS So next time someone loses a hatch... tough shi# :laugh: And my buddy Ken says the same thing

hebner
11-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Wow that's just crazy. I guess we need a letter from the county that says we can be there. Maybe Jim could call her on Monday and get this straightened out since he has talked to her several times in the past.

tiqueman
11-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Nothing else to say Hugh?

hebner
11-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Fantastic Scott, I must have been typing when you posted that picture. Ken is my new best friend. How long did it take to find the hatch. Thank Ken for me.

tiqueman
11-10-2011, 06:57 PM
About an hour and a half. The ponds about 15 to 20 feet deep. he didnt hace his tank so we free dove it. Ive got sinus issues w/ underwater pressure so I only went down once. then it was up to him. Remarkably it was right were we thought... just couldnt see 4 inches in front of your face. pitch black so it was found by feel.

tiqueman
11-10-2011, 08:59 PM
Jim can you be sure to bring the generator as well please. Also, I saw in an old post, do we have oars?????? Bill and I were just discussing that we need one for the baot incase we have another situation like the last run.

Also, Bill, I think you still have Jims stereo if youd please bring that along Sunday.

Gracias amigos

tiqueman
11-10-2011, 09:02 PM
And, Hugh had a brilliant yet obvious idea. lets plan on cutting a link inthe gate chain Sunday am. We will put a new lock from the chain to the county loc. that way they can open it as well as we can open it. Ill grab a lock. Infact, I may have one w/ a few keys. i will then call Susan Monday and discuss teh situation w/ her and tell her what I did and to please not remove our lock. We will assure her it will be secure at the end of each days run.

bill34207
11-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Jim can you be sure to bring the generator as well please. Also, I saw in an old post, do we have oars?????? Bill and I were just discussing that we need one for the baot incase we have another situation like the last run.

Also, Bill, I think you still have Jims stereo if youd please bring that along Sunday.

Gracias amigos

We do have some oars but they are pretty much useless. Don't know if you've seen them before or not but were home made ones done by rchippie when he still owned the recovery boat.

Will do on the stereo.

johnf
11-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Wow Scott, thats nuts. Keep your cool if that a-hole comes back. Lot of crazy people around these days, no telling what could happen. New chain and lock to keep him from vandalizing seems logical.

osprey21
11-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Also, I saw in an old post, do we have oars?????? Bill and I were just discussing that we need one for the boat in case we have another situation like the last run.
Here are the "oars".... :spy:

I also have a canoe paddle that belongs to (I think) Jim.

bill34207
11-11-2011, 06:51 AM
There is a removable link on that chain, all you have to do is un-screw it.

A little WD-40 on it would be useful.

I have WD-40 but don't own any bolt cutters.

sailr
11-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Scott, I have a medical problem that just popped up. I don't know yet but may be in the hospital by Sunday. DAMN! I'll do my best to be there. Give the stereo to somebody that can use it. I bought it for the club and I don't need it back.

My car is already loaded with boats and generator.

Gracias amigos

ron1950
11-11-2011, 10:17 AM
hey scott where is my yellow and red cowel? lol its only 50 feet out past the stairs lol.....i assume that the a hole was blocking the west entrance by the white building?

bill34207
11-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Dang Jim. Now what's happened to you?

On another note... if Jim doesn't want the stereo back, would anyone else in the club like to have it? I don't want or need it and stuck it in my rental storage unit to get it out of my way. I really don't want to pull it out of storage, haul it down to Ackerman on Sunday, then have to haul it back up and put it back into storage. Unless someone speaks up I'll just leave it in the stoarge unit and save myself a few steps.

tiqueman
11-11-2011, 05:57 PM
There is a removable link on that chain, all you have to do is un-screw it.

A little WD-40 on it would be useful.

Why havent we done that then???????

hey scott where is my yellow and red cowel? lol its only 50 feet out past the stairs lol.....i assume that the a hole was blocking the west entrance by the white building?

Still 50 feet out passed the stairs and 15 feet under water. In the condition Hughs was in after 3 weeks, im sure you wouldnt want yours back. And yes, that building is the roofing place.

Dang Jim. Now what's happened to you?

On another note... if Jim doesn't want the stereo back, would anyone else in the club like to have it? I don't want or need it and stuck it in my rental storage unit to get it out of my way. I really don't want to pull it out of storage, haul it down to Ackerman on Sunday, then have to haul it back up and put it back into storage. Unless someone speaks up I'll just leave it in the stoarge unit and save myself a few steps.

Bring it. We can use it, wether we get a stronger gen orfor time being we can use the speakers. Ill store it as I alreadt made a spot for it a while back in a cabinet in the garage.... somehow I havent filled that cabinet yet.

tiqueman
11-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Oh and Jim, I hope your doin okay and its nothing too serious. Keep us posted.

bill34207
11-11-2011, 06:23 PM
Why havent we done that then???????

After hearing there is a removeable link I was wondering the same thing.
I'll bring the stereo and WD-40.

tiqueman
11-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Im gunna try and get down there tomorrow and check it out and or make any changes that may need done. if not Ill get there as early as possible Sunday am. I still say we all plan on using the parks entrance and not the roofing places.

tiqueman
11-11-2011, 06:35 PM
when I first started coming that how we came in... then all the sudden, from what I was told, it was locked and we started using the entrance we currently used.. how is the one we currently use the short cut?????

bill34207
11-11-2011, 06:37 PM
I think using the front entrance from now on is probably a good idea myself. 1st one in unlocks and last one out re-locks. Did that for years at MCRC (flying club). SRQ has a better setup with an auto closing electric gate and number pad. (unless the gate breaks). If we do invest in a lock, I'd suggest a good outgoors combination lock so that all the members would have access to it.

tiqueman
11-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I was thinking a good outdoor lock and several keys. Pad combination locks can really piss people off sometimes and Ive yet to see one last being wethered everyday... :laugh:

tiqueman
11-11-2011, 06:43 PM
But, if its as simple as unscrewing a turnbuckle as ray has mentioned, that would be great

eagle
11-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Well I'm not on here much cause to busy playing with planes and boats But because I'm a beginner I should be here more to learn some day I might even be able to get in a race

tiqueman
11-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Eagle, where are you located? You're welcome to come to the test n tune Sunday and see what its all about.

eagle
11-11-2011, 07:45 PM
I will be sure to bring money Sunday

eagle
11-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I am there most times

eagle
11-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm the guy that can't use the retrival boat any more

eagle
11-11-2011, 07:50 PM
see you all Sunday with my new boat for test run

tiqueman
11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Must be dan :lol: thought your screem name was something else.

sailr
11-12-2011, 02:51 AM
Thanks Scott. Right now, waiting for the antibiotics to kick in. I will be there but don't want to stay long.. I hope you all can bring your $$$ and let me be on my way.

tiqueman
11-12-2011, 09:37 AM
I see. So you were opening the gate... it wasn't just always open.

RCKong
11-12-2011, 10:06 AM
well that solves that Watson, we'll go in the front door.

RCKong
11-12-2011, 10:07 AM
ray, is yur twin drive working ?

sailr
11-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah, anything to avoid "The Back Door"!

I'll be there tomorrow but don't want to stay long. I have a brand new med. problem that's cropped up. I'll probably be in the hospital by mid-week. This %$ts getting old!

I'll have two or three boats other than the ones that sold with me. If you have friends looking for boats, tell 'em to come by!

tiqueman
11-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Most are probably in route, but the front gate is now open.

tiqueman
11-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Great day out there even considering the wind and we lost another trolling motor on the recovery boat. We had a wonderful turnout with a lot of new faces. It was a pleasure to meet them all and we hope you see them again.

Also for those who do not know, Dan has voluntered the usage of his enclosed trailer. This will be great as it will accomodate storage of the rescue boat, batteries, motor, generator etc etc. It will be nice to have everything in one place rather than going home with several different people. So a big thanks to you Dan (eagle)!

Jim mentioned that Jeff has the clubs other trolling motor back from repair. I will get w/ him and get it in possesion. Once we figure out where we sit financially, we will look into getting a new motor. Brian has taken our current one home and is going to see if he can find anything obvious.

I hope we continue to have the turn out we did today. Looks like we are finally getting the word out...

Finally, Jim (Sailr), thanks for all the good deals you provided many club members with today, including myself. We hope we see you now and again and best of luck w/ your back situation. Dont be a stranger. Jim also had a good idea in suggesting we have a "rc boat" swap meet one weekend. We can start a new thread if/ when we decide to do it. It would be nice to get several of the areas clubs including perhaps the Wave Blasters to come join us for swapping and selling items as well as a little friendly competition. We could put some flyers in the local shops as well. Lets start puting ideas together for that and figure out when we may want to do it.

-Scott

tiqueman
11-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Oh and Ray, did you mean to leave the radio and your inverter etc?? Cause Ive got it.

bill34207
11-13-2011, 07:08 PM
+1 on the swap meet idea. :thumbup1: let's get something going on that.

Todays vids aren't on the website yet but do have them linked up on RCGroups already. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1327096&page=27

bill34207
11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Before I forget it you might want to check the weathernation website Ray. Here's a copy n paste of a message I had from them a little while ago.

weathernation (http://www.youtube.com/user/weathernation) has sent you a message: Weathernation TV request to air YouTube video
To:bill34207

Hello -

Came across your video of the mini hyrdo boat racing and thought it would make incredible weather video of things folks were doing this weekend.

Would you allow us permission to air this video and share a little bit about what was going on?

Please tell us where it was filmed? Location, time of day, name of the hydro club or competition? We will not be selling or forwarding this video. In house use only.

If you don't have us on cable or satellite you can watch WeatherNation TV at http://www.ustream.com/wntv (http://www.ustream.com/wntv)

Thanks for your consideration.

tiqueman
11-13-2011, 08:50 PM
THATS AWESOME!!!! Theres some commercial air for us. :banana:

bill34207
11-13-2011, 09:02 PM
My thoughts, too. Free advertising. I may have been mistaken about which clip they are going to use though. I forgot all about the LSO heat and thought they were talking about Ray's Proboat. Still don't know which one they were planning to use.

+1 on the great turnout today too (I was in a rush trying to finish up videos and stuff). It was great to see so many extra faces even if I do have a hard time with remembering names.

jj2003
11-13-2011, 09:06 PM
It just aired! I watched it! Cool stuff guys!

jj2003
11-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Its on again!

jj2003
11-13-2011, 09:21 PM
They mentioned bill's boat and specifically stated the clubs name. It appears when they are talking about the southeast forecast. It may play again. Very cool though!

bill34207
11-13-2011, 09:25 PM
I missed it. Was it Ray's big red hydro running solo or a bunch of the LSH boats?

jj2003
11-13-2011, 09:47 PM
The LSH boats and he mentioned your expresscraft!

tiqueman
11-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Hope they show it again.. Ive been watching for a bit now.

tiqueman
11-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Just saw it... lol fricken awesome.

tiqueman
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
it was a good effort by the meteorologist. Actually described Bills Expresscraft as the Proboat Hydro w/ a 2028 on 10s. eh, close enough :lol:

Ive seen it twice now and both were of the Expresscraft run

jj2003
11-13-2011, 10:23 PM
That's pretty neat stuff! Some national attention! Wish our club was a bit bigger! A friend of mine works for wkbw here in buffalo. I'd love to get some footage of us racing our stuff! Great stuff man!:banana:

jj2003
11-13-2011, 10:26 PM
Hey Scott! Did you crack open the "box" yet?:drool:

ron1950
11-13-2011, 10:46 PM
i cant even find it on there at all.

jj2003
11-13-2011, 10:54 PM
It may be done for the evening. I seen it about 4-5 times starting around 9pm and up until about 10:30. I havent seen it since. Very cool though.:thumbup1:

RayR
11-14-2011, 03:13 AM
Just gotta say, WOW, what a turn out today! Great to see so many new faces. I hope everyone got to meet Brian Watts from RocketCityRacing.

RCKong
11-14-2011, 07:37 AM
yea, hope for more of the same - minus the wind. Looks like we'll see a few new club members too.

tiqueman
11-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Hey Scott! Did you crack open the "box" yet?:drool:.
Lol cracked, sitting on the rack and stared at. Still haven't said much about it tho except to club members.

Just gotta say, WOW, what a turn out today! Great to see so many new faces. I hope everyone got to meet Brian Watts from RocketCityRacing.
Ray, was brian the one w the yellow skunk cat? I met so many people yesterday....

bill34207
11-14-2011, 09:32 AM
it was a good effort by the meteorologist. Actually described Bills Expresscraft as the Proboat Hydro w/ a 2028 on 10s. eh, close enough :lol:

Ive seen it twice now and both were of the Expresscraft run

He was misinformed and that's my fault I guess. Their message referred to "hydro" so I gave them all the specs on Ray's Proboat. Then after realising they might have been talking about the LSH heat sent them information on that as well. Don't know how the Expresscraft got involved in it since it's a long ways from a hydro.
But as long as the club name and location was right that's the good side.

hebner
11-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Scott,

The yellow skunk cat is Brian Mohs aka mohsb boat.

jj2003
11-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Lol cracked, sitting on the rack and stared at. Still haven't said much about it tho except to club members.

:roflol:Is it related to what we talked about some time ago when I mentioned ordering from overseas and you said there might be a chance that there will be more than one or two ordered? I'm trying not to let out the :zip-up:

RCKong
11-14-2011, 10:24 AM
here is the culprit on the trolling motor...$30.00 shipped for the part. certainly cheaper than a new trolling motor. It failed because all the wires were twisted up, burned thru the insulation and shorted it out. ahh easy to fix.:rockon2:

ron1950
11-14-2011, 12:01 PM
who all is going to run tunnels next weekend? also is anyone going to run the sunday after thanksgiveing at all? ill be down for both weekends....

bill34207
11-14-2011, 01:25 PM
here is the culprit on the trolling motor...$30.00 shipped for the part. certainly cheaper than a new trolling motor. It failed because all the wires were twisted up, burned thru the insulation and shorted it out. ahh easy to fix.:rockon2:

Since it's apart anyways, wonder if we could shorten the shaft by a foot or two. Should make it easier for steering with the control handle a little lower and by shortening it up would keep the motor end from digging into the lake bottom when it's dropped all the way down.
Just a thought...

bill34207
11-14-2011, 01:28 PM
who all is going to run tunnels next weekend? also is anyone going to run the sunday after thanksgiveing at all? ill be down for both weekends....

The Sunday after Thanksgiving is the 4th Sunday and would be a normal run day. Right now the big question (in my mind) is will we have a working rescue boat for that date?

RCKong
11-14-2011, 01:36 PM
yep. I'll look at it and see if we can take a foot off it.

ron1950
11-14-2011, 01:38 PM
is that yup u will have a working rescue boat or yup, thats the problem lol

RCKong
11-14-2011, 01:45 PM
I have an extra troller just in case, so yes we will have the boat. The part is on order already and I should be able to put it back together by next meet. Scott is contacting Jeff to get the other troller for back up so we dont get stuck rowing again.

tiqueman
11-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Scott,

The yellow skunk cat is Brian Mohs aka mohsb boat.

At least I had the first name right. Lotsa Brians there yesterday...

No one will be next weekend. We ran yesterday. I may have a tunnel going by the 4th Sunday though.... did I reallyl just type that?

ron1950
11-14-2011, 09:51 PM
there is a tunnel boat race in velrico next weekend....cant beleave mr i hate tunnels actually has one now lol

tiqueman
11-14-2011, 09:58 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my bad

obrien
11-14-2011, 11:26 PM
I still don't have my new tunnel built, haven't even started on it yet. Once I get the big boat back together, I will start putting my new spec tunnel together, and then I hope to have a bigger tunnel built with either p or q power. not sure what it will be yet. Sounds like you guys have been having fun.

sailr
11-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Dang. I've been watching Weathernation for over an hour and no video of Bill's boat. Haha. Patience I guess. I did a search on there for recordings of "hydro", rc boat, model boat, etc. and didn't come up with it.

I'll just have to wait! Haha.

bill34207
11-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Dang. I've been watching Weathernation for over an hour and no video of Bill's boat. Haha. Patience I guess. I did a search on there for recordings of "hydro", rc boat, model boat, etc. and didn't come up with it.

I'll just have to wait! Haha.

Chances are they only ran it Sunday since that's what day the related weather was for.

RayR
11-16-2011, 02:02 AM
Scott/Bill. Do we have a new club flyer? I stopped by Gator Hobbies in Sarasota yesterday and showed our web site to Brian the owner. He was very excited and really wants to post a flyer in the shop. He has had several people ask about a local boat club.

osprey21
11-16-2011, 04:35 AM
Ray - I don't believe we have the new flyer's ready at this time (asked a week or so ago about them). I drive by Gator's regularly, also a shop in Venice, so I can leave some at both locations when the updated ones become available.

bill34207
11-16-2011, 05:42 AM
I'll try to get started on a new flyer this evening after I get in from work. This time as a one sided version that would work well for posting in the local hobby shops.

bill34207
11-16-2011, 08:05 AM
I hammered this one out early before clocking in at work.
If it looks good enough I'll make up some color copies. Let me know what you think.

tiqueman
11-16-2011, 08:52 AM
My .02, id take the namba part out of the first paragraph since its covered in the 2nd paragraph. Just put something like "we are a radio controlled model boat club...". Put a comma before the word weather. then in the second paragraph spell out the first NAMBA and I think its perfect.

bill34207
11-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Here's the revision. Did you get a chance to look at the club membership application I sent you yesterday?

tiqueman
11-16-2011, 10:21 AM
revised looks perfect. I sent you an email on the app. it too looks perfect

RayR
11-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Here's the revision. Did you get a chance to look at the club membership application I sent you yesterday?

Perfect, I will e-mail it to Brian at Gator Hobbies.

hebner
11-16-2011, 03:35 PM
Bill,

Looks good but if you could edit the picture so I don't look so fat would be appreciated!

bill34207
11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
You just need to get yourself a big boat to hide behind like I did Hugh. :biggrin:

hebner
11-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Who's that other guy hiding behind a boat on the left?

bill34207
11-16-2011, 06:55 PM
I do believe that's Scott. The HPR is a dead give-a-way
While I was at work today and had the club logo handy, asked Cheryl if she could run me a few stickers of it. If any of our group wants one, let me know. I think I can spare one or two. :olleyes:

hebner
11-16-2011, 06:59 PM
I'll take some to put on my boats.

johnf
11-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Hey Bill, could I snag one of those stickers? Scott could send it back with my boat, which will hopefully be taking a trip to him before too long.

Scott, how did the motor mounts(s) come out?

tiqueman
11-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Hey Bill, could I snag one of those stickers? Scott could send it back with my boat, which will hopefully be taking a trip to him before too long.

Scott, how did the motor mounts(s) come out?

Havent had time to cut them yet.

bill34207
11-16-2011, 07:26 PM
I'll take some to put on my boats.

You may need to get some bigger boats Hugh. These are just under 5" in diameter. The sheet they were printed on is 50 something inches wide. Regardless I have enough to go around. I'll have them at the lake when we are running.

johnf I'll give Scott a couple for you too.

tiqueman
11-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Ive got smaller ones. But they will need cleared over.

tiqueman
11-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Oh and Ill also take a couple or 3

bill34207
11-16-2011, 07:34 PM
I did a quick row by column count and we have 80 altogether so a few for each member shouldn't be a problem. I thought it would be cool if we could give one to any new mambers when they jion too.
These are of a size that would work well on a car window or something along that line. I plan to put one on the rear side window of my van and probably my pit box.

RCKong
11-16-2011, 07:35 PM
sign me up for a couple please. it will look great in my rear van window.

bill34207
11-16-2011, 08:10 PM
No problem Brian. I think there's plenty to go around.

I kinda forgot earlier with talking about the stickers, but... Our new club membershp application is up on the website's "links" page now if anybody wants to check it over.

johnf
11-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks Bill!

bill34207
11-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Before the thought gets forgotten like many of the things we want to do.... Lets talk some more about the swap meet idea.
If we are going to do one we need to decide on a date for it.
Decide if we want to charge a fee for the vendors/sellers (most events like this are aimed at making money for the club and due to location doubt if we could do a concession stand).
Probably lots of other things that need to be considered as well but we need to first take a step toward making it an event instead of a passing thought.

tiqueman
11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Yes, my thoughts were to charge and admission and/ or a fee to run a boat. For example, and IM just throwing out numbers, $5. entry and $5. to run a boat. I was also thinking we could do a little concesion as in hit Sams or something and get soft drinks and waters and a pack of burgers and dogs, then charge X amount for them. even if its enough to break even on food, at least we have it. Also, we will need to look into having a portolet or two dropped off for the weekend.

I think we should get the details and date worked out over the next week or two and post a new thread about it and try and get a head count. Perhaps even a "pre-pay admission" thats a dollar off or something than if you pay at the gate. Trying to get a head count will allow us to have an idea about the amount of food etc we may need.

Id be willing to bring my grill and anything else that will help to do a little concession. think about what was at the NATS, granted they were really set up to do it, but a grill and coolers is all we would need.

tiqueman
11-17-2011, 12:33 PM
I just contacted NAMBA regarding contact info changes etc and also noticed they have a page in their Disctrict 3 section w/ a lot of clubs websites. I sent the info to ours and asked if we could be added.

tiqueman
11-17-2011, 01:26 PM
Also, I met Jeff on the St Pete side of the skyway last night and got the other trolling motor.

bill34207
11-17-2011, 06:17 PM
Having to spring for porta johns could put a damper on things. Not sure of what kind of pricing those are at now days. We'd probably need to check with the county and get permission for them as well.
As far as a grill and some coolers go, that's really all they had at the FE Nats. Before we can really think about doing this we need to get the group to commit to doing it as well. People will be needed at the gate if an admission is going to be charged, and probably at least 2 for concessions.
As for trying to make it as a swap meet and run day that may be a bad idea. It opens a can of worms for following NAMBA safety guidelines. There will be people all over the place looking at stuff for sale (if we fo have a decent turnout) and with boats running at the same time it could create some safety issues. We'd probably need to invest in some of the safety net type fencing to put up along the lake to get around that. Actually if we're ever going to hold any kind of running event we're going to need to come up with the fencing to be within the rules. Just some thoughts on my part.

PS, good deal on getting the other motor and contacting NAMBA. :thumbup1:

RCKong
11-17-2011, 07:43 PM
I think we need to work on building our club first before we start trying to charge admission, hell we don't want to run people off that stop to check it out. Most people that take the time to stop and check it out have interest in R/C and tell their friends. We have already talked about starting a series or organized racing so lets get it done. We can grow to be one of the biggest organized FE boat clubs in the USA.

tiqueman
11-17-2011, 07:56 PM
I think kong needs to read about what's going on :lol:

bill34207
11-17-2011, 07:57 PM
I think on the charging admission Scott was just talking about the swap meet. I'd really suggest a free admission for buyers and a $5.00 setup fee for sellers/vendors.
Also refer the need for some safety netting for holding a real race event. We need to build the treasury somehow if we are ever going to reach that goal. We may have to give up running some of the classes at the race ourselves to work the event as well. There is a lot of work to putting something like this on. You know it from running your car track, I know it from CD'ing a few fly ins back in the day too. Nothing that needs to get done does unless somebody does it.
As far as fees to run a race, seems like most clubs are getting about $15.00 per driver, per class. $5 to $10 bucks would be a bargain.

tiqueman
11-17-2011, 08:18 PM
I agree Bill. we need to figure out how to raise money and start being able to have the necessities to host things in the future. I think even a slightly higher charge for vendors/ sellers, including members of our club. If we as club members want to sell anything, we pay as well. and maybe $2. admission, kids free. Every little bit would help us tremendously. Unfortunately, it costs money to make money. I think realistically we need to have at least one port o let. All it takes is one time someone coming and thinking "oh, they didnt even have a john" and they never come back. we also may need to get permission, Id assume, from the county to have a swap meet at that location? I could be over thinking it, but the county grants us permission to run boats, not run swap meets. Id hate to have a county worker from parks and rec or something come by and give us a hard time. we dont want to overstep our boundries w/ them. It seems to me, the onyl reason they allow us to run there is kinda because they have to. As for running boats at teh swap shop, I wasnt really going for racing events, just if someone wanted to splash something or test out a new purchase. No count down clocks etc, just fun sport running. If we could get fencing, i dont see an issue w/ it. if we have to finance a fence, then we may need to put off inviting others to run for a while longer and just stick w/ a swap meet and try to make some dough.

I know a lot of people in the construction biz. I may be able to score a bunch of that orange net fence for nothing. Ill start making phone calls tomorrow.

RCKong
11-17-2011, 08:22 PM
I think we can hunt down some of the the orange roll net for safety. $5.00 a class would work, that is what we could do right away on our race days. a few burgers and dogs always works out well too.

RCKong
11-17-2011, 08:30 PM
porta johns are $75 to $100 a month.

tiqueman
11-17-2011, 08:51 PM
porta johns are $75 to $100 a month.

I knew that from ordering them for construction sites and making sure they were paid.. but what about for a weekend?

RCKong
11-17-2011, 08:55 PM
we'll have to call and compare for the best rate.

RCKong
11-17-2011, 09:01 PM
If you bring the grill we could all bring some food.

tiqueman
11-17-2011, 09:06 PM
I thought about that too. if we (club members) each pitched in and brought food or drinks, then whatever we sell could be straight profit into the club bank. I have no problem bringing my grill out. Its a decent size grill so we could get a bit of burgers and dogs goin at once. Id gladly run the cooking side of the concession. But as Bill said, we would still need someone to be the food vendor and someone at the gate. Perhaps I could sweet talk the Mrs into food sales. :confused2:

And BILL, Im sory I havent got out to you yet. this weeks been nuts and Im getting further behind each day. ive gota drywall crew to get started in the morning and may be able to duck out around lunch. If so Ill come grab that batt, run to Wallyworld, grab a new and bring it right back to you. IF my morning goes well.

bill34207
11-18-2011, 06:00 AM
No problem on the battery pickup Scott. It's not eating anything and we still have another week before our next scheduled run. I figured you were busy and couldn't make it.

Coming back to the swap meet idea, the SRQ squadron usually charges a $15 vendor/seller fee but leaves admission for buyers at no charge. That way it helps encourage the folks wanting to buy something, and if the seller move some of their stuff they don't feel bad about paying it. I was suggesting the lower sellers fee to help encourage more attendance and having more stuff out for sale. As for charging someone a fee for splashing a boat they bought that's actually within reason too. It could be considered their insurance fee for the recovery boat use (by a member) in the event it's needed. I don't think any of our members would have a problem with paying a fee for setting up a table for the swap meet when it's going to be going into the treasury for more future improvements.

We can still invite some of the other clubs over to run a test n tune (on a seperate date) without the need for the netting and other equipment. It would just have to be an informal test n tune and not a sanctioned "event". When Hugh, Chris and I went over to the Waveblasters for that test n tune they didn't have up any fencing or a port a john on location.

RCKong
11-18-2011, 09:10 AM
R^M sanatation said $75.00/month
7120 13th Street East
Sarasota
(941) 722-4065

It will be brought out and picked up after each use so it doesn't end up in the lake.

http://www.portablesanitationoftampa.com/
813/558/8523

$60.00/month from these guys, and it would have to stay there and be picked up once a month. We would have to chain it down. the concrete pad were I parked last week would work great. We could drill into the concrete and set a hook ring to anchor it.

I think we could do $5.00 a class and no more than $15 or $20 per individual to cover this monthly expense, and we could do this right away.

sailr
11-18-2011, 10:00 AM
At most of the flying clubs I go to, there is no fee to sell or buy. At the Bay City Flyers they charge a $3 parking fee. That would be hard to control at Akerman. I'd suggest not charging too much for vendors. $10 tops. Emphasize they have to bring their own tables.

Keep me posted! I wanta be there!

sailr
11-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Swap meets are an integral part of modeling. I wouldn't ask the county. Just my opinion.

I agree Bill. we need to figure out how to raise money and start being able to have the necessities to host things in the future. I think even a slightly higher charge for vendors/ sellers, including members of our club. If we as club members want to sell anything, we pay as well. and maybe $2. admission, kids free. Every little bit would help us tremendously. Unfortunately, it costs money to make money. I think realistically we need to have at least one port o let. All it takes is one time someone coming and thinking "oh, they didnt even have a john" and they never come back. we also may need to get permission, Id assume, from the county to have a swap meet at that location? I could be over thinking it, but the county grants us permission to run boats, not run swap meets. Id hate to have a county worker from parks and rec or something come by and give us a hard time. we dont want to overstep our boundries w/ them. It seems to me, the onyl reason they allow us to run there is kinda because they have to. As for running boats at teh swap shop, I wasnt really going for racing events, just if someone wanted to splash something or test out a new purchase. No count down clocks etc, just fun sport running. If we could get fencing, i dont see an issue w/ it. if we have to finance a fence, then we may need to put off inviting others to run for a while longer and just stick w/ a swap meet and try to make some dough.

I know a lot of people in the construction biz. I may be able to score a bunch of that orange net fence for nothing. Ill start making phone calls tomorrow.

sailr
11-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Be sure to pick a date where no races are going on, including nitro/gas. Invite all the clubs. Stuff they're selling doesn't have to be FE! A lot of rudders, struts, servos, radios, etc. will work in any platform.

Before the thought gets forgotten like many of the things we want to do.... Lets talk some more about the swap meet idea.
If we are going to do one we need to decide on a date for it.
Decide if we want to charge a fee for the vendors/sellers (most events like this are aimed at making money for the club and due to location doubt if we could do a concession stand).
Probably lots of other things that need to be considered as well but we need to first take a step toward making it an event instead of a passing thought.

sailr
11-18-2011, 10:10 AM
very strange. I'm not getting any email alerts on this thread?

tiqueman
11-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah I emailed Steven last night about the alerts acting up again.

I dont think were are lookng for a permanent toilet Brian. Just temp now and again for 2 days at a time, if/ when needed. A permanent toilet rasies all kindsa issues w/ vandalism etc and we cannot afford a 75 dollar a mo. fee.

RCKong
11-18-2011, 11:45 AM
I know we dont want to leave one there full time. Those where the cheapest I could find in the area.

sailr
11-18-2011, 03:58 PM
The County may have a contract with a porta potti company. You might want to check to see if we can get a better deal through them.

bill34207
11-18-2011, 06:08 PM
Going off topic for a minute here but I was impressed when I got home this evening. I mailed my NAMBA renewal off on 11/7 (checked my checkbook register for the date) and my new card for 2012 was in the mailbox today. That's got to be a new record for them.
Wish Castle worked that fast with their esc recall. :frusty:

sailr
11-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Leopard 5692, 1000KV (as I recall), with water jacket. NEW. Includes coupler. $150

Lawless Lower Unit. Double water pickup. Mount could be replaced but is usable. $80

Peter Zicha custom mount for Leopard 5692. Includes adapters for 4" and 5" rails,
esc mount, etc. BEAUTIFUL piece of work! Cost me $140. Sell for $100

sailr
11-19-2011, 12:04 PM
pics

sailr
11-19-2011, 12:06 PM
I had Peter custom make this mount for me for a Leopard 5692. Mounts for both Deep Vee and Hydro, tunnel, etc. Incredible quality!

sailr
11-19-2011, 12:07 PM
GREAT adapters. They sell for $40. New in the bag, $30

sailr
11-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Really dead in here! No posts for two days?

ron1950
11-21-2011, 10:28 PM
everybody is charging batteries jim

tiqueman
11-21-2011, 11:07 PM
fantasizing about turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, sweet potatoes... Oh, and building the heck out of boats too.

bill34207
11-22-2011, 06:08 PM
I'll probably start charging on Thursday or Friday. It's a four day weekend for me so I have plenty of time to get stuff ready. :smile:

osprey21
11-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Any headway on the flyers?

no pressure, just askin'

RayR
11-22-2011, 07:14 PM

no pressure, just askin'

One page back, post #156.

I already dropped it at the Hobby Shop.

hebner
11-22-2011, 07:41 PM
I told spousal unit we have to get back early from vacation so I can charge batts for Sunday, that went over really well. See you Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!

bill34207
11-22-2011, 07:57 PM

no pressure, just askin'

I have about 20 copies already made up that I'll be bringing along with some membership apps and the stickers.

TRUCKPULL
11-22-2011, 11:58 PM
I have about 20 copies already made up that I'll be bringing along with some membership apps and the stickers.

Bill
I would like 1 or 2 of them..stickers, that is.

Larry

ron1950
11-23-2011, 12:04 AM
hugh bring your tunnel......we can have some fun......i also need to check out the stumble pads on your boat......everyone i have talked too says mine are needing some work....

tiqueman
11-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Bill, Im coming to see you this am and get the battery.

Brian, are the trolling motor parts in yet and is it repaired?

ENCORE MAN
11-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Hi Guys, my name is Brian Giardelli and I met some of you at the pond a week ago Sunday. I am known as ENCORE MAN on the OSE forum. I have sent my application off to join NAMBA and will join your club when I receive my NAMBA registration number. I am looking forward to socializing and running with you in the future. See you this Sunday. Brian

bill34207
11-23-2011, 08:45 AM
I'll be here Scott. Was wondering the same about the trolling motor.

Hugh I forgot to ask earlier. How did it go at the STORM series for you. I already know how Ron did.

bill34207
11-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Hiya Brian G. You must have been typing at the same time I was. Seeya on Sunday.

RayR
11-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Just another item for the club wishlist.

http://www.ledclocks.com/

sailr
11-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Don't eat too much!

tiqueman
11-23-2011, 06:37 PM
You will all be happy to hear that I purchased a new battery for the rescue boat today. Bill has it now and will be topping it off for its maiden on Sunday.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

ron1950
11-23-2011, 06:41 PM
bill noone showed up but me and my boat wanted to turn right all by itself so didnt run.....

hebner
11-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Still working the kinks out on the tunnel, not race ready yet so left early for vacation instead. Welcome to the Aquamaniacs Brian G. What boat classes are we racing on Sunday? I will be bringing the following.
LSH
LSO
Q Offshore
Tunnel

bill34207
11-23-2011, 07:18 PM
I plan to bring
LSH
PTD
Q
Tunnel
P mono
May bring T mono depending on the weather.

tiqueman
11-23-2011, 07:20 PM
While Im thinking about it, can everyone post what classes they have boats for and typically plan on running at Ackerman? Not a list of what your running Sunday, but in general what you have, wether your bringing it Sunday or not. reason being, Id like to get back to the run sheet that Brian and I started working on that fell thru the cracks so that on race days we actually have a run schedule of what class is running when. I dont know about you all but Im getting a littel tired of yelling all over the place to find out "what are we running now". It would be nice to have a set up run sheet.. ie, LSH at 10, Tunnel at 10:15 etc etc. that way we all know whats next. Obviously we dont have to follow it to a T, but it certainly would be a nice guideline.

Also, IMO tunnel and Hydros may be nice to go first on the list. Maybe followed by LSO, P-mono then maybe STD, Q then the bigger stuff.. PTD, Whatever Bills big mono runs in.. S is it? So ideas on run order are more than welcome... and I probably left some out that we run as well. And obviously, there are quite a few that we dont run and may start... ie, Ive heard rumor from some about unlimited Hydro?

This Sunday Id like to try and get the CD player, PA and count down CD going correctly. I have a CD thats broken down into tracks so we can skip pit times etc if need be. I also have one thats on a 15 minute loop, but a buzzer in it is wrong and I have to re-do the entire thing because the file was on my old computer when it crashed.
Anyway, because id like to try and get this going w/ the cd etc, I probably wont be bringing much to run. May just bring my twin drives.

Does anyone have a spare small fold out table we can put the cd player etc on????

So let me know what you think about the run sheet and lets see if we can get juuust a little more organized for our race days.

tiqueman
11-23-2011, 07:24 PM
Ahh, "T".. you posted while I was typing

ron1950
11-23-2011, 07:26 PM
planning on showing up this sunday with
LSO
p spec tunnel
p mono
and a twin apprition if it will run lol

tiqueman
11-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Ron, if I get time between family stuff on Friday, I may try and splash your twin to get it plug n play for Sunday. So hopefully there will be no issues for you to run it

bill34207
11-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Boats in my fleet
LSH
Spec tunnel
P mono
Q offshore
P twin cat
1/8 hydro
Open twin cat
Open (S/T) mono
I think that’s it, at least for now

ron1950
11-23-2011, 07:40 PM
thanks ,thats cool i can play with it anyway to get her ready to run.....but pnp is good too lol

oh ya does anyone have a 1/6 cracker? mine is finally done( didnt bring it though) just wondering...for a guy thats broke (me) i got way too many boats....

RCKong
11-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Brian, are the trolling motor parts in yet and is it repaired?

Yep, and shortened it up too.

TRUCKPULL
11-24-2011, 12:18 AM
I have
LSO
LSH
P Mono
P Offshore
P Sport Hydro
N Mono
N Offshore

For Sun. I will bring
LSO
LSH
P Mono
P Sport

Larry

RayR
11-24-2011, 05:20 AM
P-Ltd Sport Hydro (LSH)
P-Sport Hydro
P-Ltd Hydro (Rigger)
P-Ltd Offshore (LSO)
P-Mono
P-Ltd Outboard Tunnel (OPC)
P-Twin Drive Cat
Q-Twin Drive Cat
T-Sport Hydro (pseudo 1/8th Scale)

On Sunday I will be bringing:

P-Mono
OPC
T-Sport Hydro

hebner
11-24-2011, 06:14 AM
I have.
LSH
LSO
Q Offshore
Tunnel
Spec Rigger
1/8 Scale Hydro
1/10 Modern Hydro
1/16 Hydro

osprey21
11-24-2011, 06:50 AM
P Mono
LSH

bill34207
11-24-2011, 07:30 AM

Good job Brian. :thumbup1:

RayR
11-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Oooppps, Thanks KongMan!

osprey21
11-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Good job Brian. :thumbup1:
Ditto! :thumbup:

RCKong
11-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Thanks guys, Happy Turkey Day !

I'm bringing
LSH
LSO
P Mono
STD
PTD

bill34207
11-24-2011, 08:36 AM
+1 on the Happy Thanksgiving wishes for all.
I started prepping boats this morning since I'll probably be wanting to take a nap after dinner.

sailr
11-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Great job! I've been talking about shortening that thing up for a couple of years! It should make running the retrieve boat much more pleasant!

sailr
11-24-2011, 09:42 AM
I have a 1/6 fiberglass Cracker Hull to sell. Obviously I'm not going to build it now. I'll take $100 for it.

thanks ,thats cool i can play with it anyway to get her ready to run.....but pnp is good too lol

oh ya does anyone have a 1/6 cracker? mine is finally done( didnt bring it though) just wondering...for a guy thats broke (me) i got way too many boats....

osprey21
11-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Does anyone have a spare small fold out table we can put the cd player etc on????
I have a small TV tray (approx 16"x20") I can bring if you think it will be large enough.

tiqueman
11-24-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure that's gunna cut it chris. A 3x3' table would probably be the min.

osprey21
11-24-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm not sure that's gunna cut it chris. A 3x3' table would probably be the min.
I'll bring my 2x4 table.

sailr
11-24-2011, 02:00 PM
You can pick up a card table at K-Mart for $20-30. I have one I cut the legs down on. Something like that would work great.

hebner
11-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Ray,
I'm Bringing my 1/8 scale looking for some Proboat to Whupa$$ :spy:

osprey21
11-25-2011, 02:38 PM
A gauntlet has been throw.

:laugh:

tiqueman
11-25-2011, 04:25 PM
IIIn this cornerrrrr, weighing in at... :lol:

ron1950
11-25-2011, 05:43 PM
Probabbly 23 or so pounds lol

bill34207
11-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Unless Hugh has stepped up the power in his it's only around 14 bs. Ray's is probably arond 20 by now (depending on how much lead he puts in the left sponson).

ron1950
11-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Shame no one wanted a 1/8 scale like rays For 350 I could have delivered it with a zen 26 motor with one tank through it

bill34207
11-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Does look like it's going to be a little on the breezy side. At least it's supposed to be coming from the south which gives a little shelter on the front straight.

ron1950
11-26-2011, 09:07 AM
We can haggle Sunday ray

sailr
11-27-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm going to sell my 1/10 scale Coors Light. RTR with 2.4G radio, $550, without radio, $500

Will add pics in a bit. Computer is acting up right now.

tiqueman
11-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Good turn out today guys. Even with the breeze it was a good day.

bill34207
11-27-2011, 03:04 PM
I was pretty impressed by the number of folks roamaing around in the pits. Now if we can just set the hook and get some of them involved....:lol:

osprey21
11-27-2011, 03:17 PM
I was pretty impressed by the number of folks roamaing around in the pits. Now if we can just set the hook and get some of them involved....:lol:
Just thinking out loud here - if we had a dedicated "demo" boat (or two) it may spark prospective members get their whistles wet, so to speak, and generate added interest/enthusiasm in joining the club.

bill34207
11-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Good thougth Chris. A couple of old SV27's would probably fit the demo category really well.