PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest radio problem.. EVER

Boaterguy
10-23-2011, 08:52 PM
well, I tried binding a new hkt6a RX to my TX because the old one suddenly lost range.
everything was working perfectly, I removed the bind plug after binding and everything was working fine. I unplugged the batt and plugged it back in, the LED blinked and went out, strange. so i tried it with a servo and same thing.
I tried it with a GWS be-found that beeps when there is no signal.
it beeped on plug in and then nothing, but the power LED on the be-found was still blinking, showing low voltage (i was using a 6V rx pack, it was at about 5.5v or so.)
i unplugged everything and went for broke, plugged the RX pack in backwards, it worked, surprisingly.
then I plugged in a servo and the LED went out again.. ugh.
I bound to another RX (same type) and had the exact same problems.
I then proceeded to bind the two RX's to another TX, they both worked fine.
I tried the same procedures with a third RX, same thing.
I just don't understand how binding to a different TX (that was working about 2 weeks ago, last time I used it) would make the RX do this, any ideas?

JimClark
10-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Ok it's a Hobby King radio? enough said

TheShaughnessy
10-24-2011, 02:11 PM
No idea what is going on but I just got a flysky 9 ch tx and 8 channel rx. I had one that was doa and then the next one bound to the tx but with the servos plugged in. The led didn't come back on. Had them exchanged for 2 new ones that just smoked when I tried binding. Now I'm trying to get refunded so I can just pay the extra coin for an rds8000. Would having the power in backwards with the bind plug in fry the tx since the signal and negative wire are linked so to say? Looks like we are getting what we paid for...

Boaterguy
10-24-2011, 06:04 PM
but nothing was DOA, the only thing that changed was I modded the TX to a deans plug to run a nimh pack.
the receiver works fine.

TheShaughnessy
10-24-2011, 10:09 PM
im pretty sure i tracked my problem to an issue with the bec in my speed control.

Boaterguy
10-25-2011, 03:15 PM
i'm running an RX pack
the weirdest part i find is that binding to a different TX changes the mechanics of the RX

TheShaughnessy
10-25-2011, 05:28 PM
I always thought the tx was the brains of the operation. If it were the other way you'd probably program the rx.

Boaterguy
10-25-2011, 06:21 PM
it is, but the workings of the RX get changed when I change the TX.