PDA

View Full Version : R2hobbies Al CNC x445/3

suckmywake
10-21-2011, 10:54 AM
I decided to try one of the R2hobbies rcbp30160_6345 (x445/3) Al cnc 3 Blade props. http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddetail.php?prod=rcbp3016010_6345#reviews The prop with shipping was a little less than $30 and showed up10 day after ordering (St Louis MO). Overall I am happy with prop but noticed some hand work that will need to be done on prop before running. I knew the prop bore was listed as 4mm shaft and I would most likely need to increase to 3/16” but some claim they got props with 3/16” bore. Mine has a 4mm bore. I noticed the hole in drive dog side of prop was not centered very well in hub. I placed the prop on balancer and the off centered hole caused prop to be off balance. When I will bore out the hole to 3/16” I will try to correct the centering. Two other places the prop will need hand work is the tongue of prop on the prop nut side (concave side) and the trailing edge close to hub on drive dog side (convex side) of prop. These two areas of the prop the cnc can’t machine very well because the other blades of prop are blocking access from the milling head.

suckmywake
10-21-2011, 10:57 AM
I enlarge and centered the hole in prop using many drill bits. I would increase a few .001” on ever drill bit and slightly move the hole closer to center on every drilling. The drive dog slot in prop also had to be enlarged a little to fit 3/16 drive dog.